Xbox One S Won’t Read Discs

Discus and support Xbox One S Won’t Read Discs in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Xbox is barely 2 years old and my discs are fine. All games i play are digital. I only use the disc drive for movies. Its a the game of thrones series.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BrandonBrzenski, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Xbox One S Won’t Read Discs

Xbox is barely 2 years old and my discs are fine. All games i play are digital. I only use the disc drive for movies. Its a the game of thrones series. A disc will work maybe 1 out of every 10 hard resets. Tried multiple discs same thing, once every so
    often it would work. Tried everything i saw in various posts and forums and its still the same way. If its not a software issue, how does a disc drive on a not that old console that i barely use in the first place go bad so quick.

:)

BrandonBrzenski, Jun 29, 2020
  2. BrandonBrzenski Win User

How about someone who is actually from xbox try contacting me?
  3. HComb Win User

18004myxbox is the xbox support number. I had the same problem have your imei number ready and see if your under warranty...
  4. Il Troy lI Win User

I had a similar issue once with my xbox one x project scorpio edition i sent it in for repairs and they fix it sometimes consoles have issues even when they are new
  5. SailormoonGirl6 Win User

Hi Buddy..

Try this..

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...roubleshoot-problems-playing-disc-on-xbox-one

Try the discs in another friend XBox... Inspect the discs some may need cleaning.. I use soap to clean my discs and a light cloth.. It break up the grease stain in a disc.

I had to be a few of the disc was dirty that messed up the drive..

Try this....

Go to XBox Settings

Device & Streaming

Go to Blueray

then Persistent storage

Now click, clear Persistent storage

Go back

Uncheck Enable BD Live

Turn off XBox for 30min.
  6. BrandonBrzenski Win User

Discs are basically brand new. The console is the problem
Thema:

1. Xbox One S Won’t Read Discs - Similar Threads - Won’t Read Discs

2. My Xbox won’t read backcompact disks

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox won’t read backcompact disks: I’ve hade my xb1 s for about 1 and a half years now and everything’s been working fine till I tried a old game from the 360 (skate 3) it worked fine for like 2 months but all of a sudden 2 weeks...
  3. Xbox won’t read any discs apart from game discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox won’t read any discs apart from game discs: Hello, everyone! So I got an Xbox One S a few months back. Everything has been great so far, but when I tried to play some audio cds, it simply wouldn’t work! I tried the audio cd player app,...
  4. My disc reads but won’t let me play it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My disc reads but won’t let me play it.: I have a rainbow six siege game that reads when it goes into my xbox but wont load the game. Ive tried all the methods and it still doesnt work. What should i do 989934bc-7dee-444b-bfe3-534fad1333bd
  5. Xbox one won’t read discs at times

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won’t read discs at times: So when i try playing disc games sometimes it wont read it wont even try i have to reset my xbox to make it read i have to do it every few days to get it to work that one time any ideas?...
  6. Why Won’t My Xbox 360 Read Game Discs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Won’t My Xbox 360 Read Game Discs?: The major contributing factor to a disc read error is a dirty optical lens (the one that your Xbox 360 laser passes through to read the disc itself). If there is dirt or dust on the laser lens,...
  7. Xbox one won’t read 3TB external hard drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one won’t read 3TB external hard drive: I have a 3TB external hard drive that I’ve been using for that past and a half. It has worked great up until this point, the xbox started randomly not reading it and I have tried every solution...
  8. My Xbox won’t read my external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won’t read my external hard drive: I had been using an external hard drive for the past couple of years but today i woke up and the xbox wasnt reading the hard drive i restarted the console and plugged the hard drive to my computer...
  9. My Black ops 1-2 disc won’t read in my Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Black ops 1-2 disc won’t read in my Xbox one: Yesterday I found out that i could use backwards compatibility to play black ops 1 and 2 on my xbox one. I put the black ops 1 disc in my xbox and it sounded like it was reading but a second later...
  10. Disc won’t read

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc won’t read: My Xbox One X wont read my destiny 1 disc. Its the only game that i have had this problem with. I have tried to power cycle, turning off instant on with no luck. there is also no error message....