Xbox One S won't start/stay on

Discus and support Xbox One S won't start/stay on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One S won't stay on. I plug it in and turn it on, the X lights up and chimes, then immediately turns off. Is there a way to fix this at home?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JoannaCampbell1, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Xbox One S won't start/stay on

My Xbox One S won't stay on. I plug it in and turn it on, the X lights up and chimes, then immediately turns off. Is there a way to fix this at home? Is it worth the $ to send it in for repair or better to just buy a new one. I'm really not wanting
    to do that, hope there is an easy fix. We do not live in an area with a local Microsoft store to take it to, are there other inexpensive repair places?

:)

JoannaCampbell1, Nov 25, 2019
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Joanna

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are experiencing difficulties with your console on staying powered on.

If you haven't already, I would recommend taking a look at the article that covers
    Your Xbox One won't turn on. However, if this does not work, you might need to replace the power cable of your console.

As far as repairing the console, you do not need a Microsoft Store for you to take it in, it actually gets serviced in a different location altogether. You can also

Create a Service Order
    on your own.

We don't encourage that you attempt to repair your console on your own or have it repaired by a third-party as this voids the warranty of the device.

Additionally, you can Contact Xbox Customer Support to create a service order for you, or to even help you find an additional power cable for you console.

I hope this is of some use to you.
  3. JoannaCampbell1 Win User

It only stays on for about 1 second so there isn't time to actually do anything on he screen.
  4. AyeeJamesy Win User

If your Xbox One or Xbox One S keeps TURNING OFF, it is most likely due to OVERHEATING. Turn on the console – Scroll left from
    Home to open the guide – Select Settings – Select All Settings – Select Power – Select Turn off or restart. If you still have issues with the Xbox turning off by itself
  5. XBA_Hype Win User

please make sure you are plugged to a main wall outlet so your xbox can get the full required amount of power.
  6. vegasnavada Win User

Xbox turning off

my Xbox one s won't stay on
Thema:

1. Xbox One S won't start/stay on - Similar Threads - won't start stay

2. Forza Horizon 4 won't start

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 won't start: My Forza will launch, but not start. It gets to the bit where it says to press enter to start, and then once I press it doesn't do anything. I have played the game a week before on the same device...
  3. Xbox One S won't start up after crash

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S won't start up after crash: I tried every troubleshoot solution I could find, I tried factory resets, with or without keeping games a few times, I tried offline system updates with the latest OSU1 file, but nothing worked...
  4. Halo MMC, Halo 4 Won't Start

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo MMC, Halo 4 Won't Start: So I just got the halo mmc a few days ago and played through the campaigns till i get to halo 4. upon launching halo 4 i get the normal loading screen then after that nothing, just a black screen...
  5. Xbox One won't start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won't start up: Last night my xbox randomly stopped letting me open games saying they were taking too long to start. I decided to power cycle the console to see if that would fix the issue but upon turning the...
  6. Every time I start up my computer, the Xbox app party function won't work until I restart...

in XBoX on Windows
    Every time I start up my computer, the Xbox app party function won't work until I restart...: Every time I start up my computer, the Xbox app party function won't work until I restart the computer. I do not have the app automatically launch at start up, which is a setting I choose with all...
  7. My game won't start up. Can someone help me figure out how to fix this problem?

in XboX Insiders
    My game won't start up. Can someone help me figure out how to fix this problem?: I got a game and it won't start up. It shows the game picture and then kicks me back to the home screen. Please let me know how to fix it. Here's a video of it happening. submitted by /u/gutdu...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 won't start

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 won't start: I've tried most tipps on this (german) site: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/de/articles/360007593074-Mein-Spiel-startet-nicht-auf-dem-PC-oder-es-st%C3%BCrzt-ab and nothing worked. I...
  9. Xbox Series X makes start up chime but won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X makes start up chime but won't turn on: I woke up this morning to find my xbox series x turned off and when I went to power it on it makes the start up chime but the light doesn't come on and there's no signal to my monitor. I've tried...
  10. DOOM ETERNAL won't start on game pass.

in XBoX on Windows
    DOOM ETERNAL won't start on game pass.: Adter i click PLAY it says "Sorry we were unable to start your game" And gives me this link: https://support.codefusion.technology/de_d90127jd781/?e=88500000&l=english Don't know how to repair...