xbox one screen time limits dont work?

Discus and support xbox one screen time limits dont work? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've spent hours trying to set up the screen time limits in my microsoft account to limit my kids screen time. I've looked at several posts, and many... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KevinMantz, Dec 8, 2018.

1. KevinMantz
    KevinMantz Guest

I've spent hours trying to set up the screen time limits in my microsoft account to limit my kids screen time. I've looked at several posts, and many videos and its all been done correctly (it doesnt look that hard, set the # of hrs per day and the times
    per day). For example I set 2 hrs today (Sunday) tonight, and time from 8am-9pm. I'm here with my son, he is logged in and xbox says "screen time ends at 7am" first, and then the clock ticks by...and its now past 9:30 and still no warning.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated - right now I want to just get rid of this xbox for my kids as they constantly 'sneak' time and become much worse versions of themselves after being teased by the items microsoft has created to lure them back
    to play more. I really want this to be fun again, but if this doesnt work its going on ebay!

:)

KevinMantz, Dec 8, 2018
  2. KevinMantz Win User

Thanks for the additional information - I apparently had done everything right including setting up a restricted guest profile, as the next day, everything worked flawlessly with no additional action from me. I guess the changes made must not take effect
    immediately.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

• To set screen time limits for your child on Xbox One and Windows 10 devices, go to
      https://account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account. Then:
      • Find your child's name and select Screen time.
      • If you want to use the same schedule for all devices, switch Use one screen time schedule from
        Off to On. If you’d rather have separate schedules, scroll down and switch on screen time for PC and Xbox One individually.
      • Set how much time your child is allowed to spend with their devices each day, and when they can use them. If you want to give them the full amount of time you’ve scheduled, select
        Max scheduled. (Example: If you’ve allowed screen time from 8 am to 8 pm, they could use their devices that entire time.)
    • Tip: Give your kids a heads up on Xbox when their screen time is running out:
      • On your Xbox, press the Xbox button on the controller
      • Select System > Settings
        > Preferences > Notifications >
        Xbox Notifications > System and make sure
        System notifications on is selected. Screen time counts down when a child is signed in, so if they’re not actively using their console, have them sign out.
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there Kevin!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day!
  5. brandiesel1 Win User

Did you set up each child's account individually? If you do it for one and not the other, the other profile can still play. They could always create a new profile or use any other profile to keep playing.
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

XBOX One Screen Time Limit

Hey, guys! We love seeing your suggestions, and created a site where you can make sure your voices are heard! I suggest posting this up on the

Feedback site
    . Be sure to do a search first to see if someone else has already posted it up and give it a vote if you find it. Thanks for understanding!
Thema:

1. xbox one screen time limits dont work? - Similar Threads - screen limits dont

2. Screen limit issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen limit issue: I have an adult account but my Xbox says that my screen time ends at 3pm. I just checked Microsoft family and there's no limit set on any of the accounts all of them are adult too. HELP??!!...
  3. screen time limits not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    screen time limits not working: Screen time limits is not working. I have tried all the suggested fixes but I can’t add more time or block it etc. 5c9f5ca7-91fa-4317-90ad-6b9a22b45189
  4. Xbox one screen time limit not working anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one screen time limit not working anymore: Hi all, My 3 kids have an xbox One S for 1 year. I use the screen time and it was working correctly until recently (except with FIFA 18 which somehow disable the screen time with the EA account...
  5. Setting up screen time limits

in XBoX on Consoles
    Setting up screen time limits: Why is this so difficult? I had to create an email account for my son to do this. Why can't you just use his gametag name to identify him? So it didn't work and trouble shooting said something...
  6. screen time limit for kids

in XBoX on Consoles
    screen time limit for kids: ,Hello I would like to operate "time screen" for my children but the problem is that my child already has all games related to my acoount as I didnt create in advace a different acoount for him...
  7. Xbox screen time limits not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox screen time limits not working: Hi My son is set up as part of my family group. I have set up screen limits and max. usage per day but they are not working; he appears to be able to go on at anytime and for as long as he...
  8. Can I set screen time limits on a parent or main account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I set screen time limits on a parent or main account?: Can I set screen time limits on a parent or main account? eae6d1aa-1e1e-4dde-ac63-6e37d6ec4eef
  9. Child screening time limit not working for some games.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child screening time limit not working for some games.: I already set screening time for my kids account on xbox one settings. While this time limit working for most games, it does not works for some games (some game selections in fifa 17) and dome...
  10. Screen time limits do not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen time limits do not work: I have been trying for a couple months to set and limit screen time for my kid on the Xbox One. Sometimes it will work for a couple days, but then stops working. The reporting doesn't work...