XBox One Screen Time restricitions no long work

Discus and support XBox One Screen Time restricitions no long work in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When Screen Time limits for Xbox One were first introduced, they worked fine. Some months back, they stopped working. I searched for related articles... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jon O Bristol, Sep 2, 2019.

1. XBox One Screen Time restricitions no long work

When Screen Time limits for Xbox One were first introduced, they worked fine.

Some months back, they stopped working. I searched for related articles many times, and have even raised web chat sessions and never got anywhere near resolving this issue. So let me start by saying what I've tried to date...

* On the Microsoft Family portal, for my son, I've tried all of the following:

- Removing all available time windows for every weekday

- Setting every day to Blocked

- Setting brief periods (say 30 mins) to see if Xbox reflects this when I log in as my son

- All of the above, plus, after await of minutes and days, where I go back and set up reasonable limits once again

* On the Xbox One itself, as many articles suggest, removing my son's account and the rebooting the device by holding down on the off button on the front until it shutdown, waiting minutes/hours/next day until restarting. Once up and running, I might even
    reboot again. Later on I re-add my son's account. After testing this, it briefly seems to follow the Screen Time period settings. However, when my son uses the Xbox for a real session, it just keeps on going and going with no lock out ever occurring.

My son does not know my Microsoft account password, let alone the URL where I manage such settings so is not changing anything on the family portal behind my back. He cannot access my Xbox account either to change anything in the Xbox settings.

So, I think I've done all that I can from a end-user perspective.

Being in IT as a designer, developer for 30+ years, I get the impression that the issue relates to his profile that's managed outside of my reach. Something in there much be inconsistent with the data model the Xbox is expecting. How it's got into such
    a state, Microsoft can only ever guess as we only have access to a couple of tools that influence it as mentioned above.

Can this issue be taken more seriously, and get somewhere closer to 3rd line support where those people involved in writing and supporting the Screen Time capability for Xbox look at it in more detail. Am happy to support them, but my experience so far
    is that I, and other Microsoft front line support, have exhausted viable options.

:)

Jon O Bristol, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Jon O Bristol Win User

Good question, but my account is not set to auto login, so he can't be using it to bypass the screen time limits.
  3. Ricardo Cintra Win User

Hi, Your Account is configured on Xbox One? Maybe if your account is auto login in Xbox, so then your son can access for unblock for then he use the Xbox? Try deactivate the auto login of your account in Xbox
  4. TheJedio Win User

Do you think that Microsoft can pull it off at E3?

no not even the games they show can change the fact that microsoft have abandoned gamers completely with all these restricitions, the tv , music , movies , and apps dont have any restricitions , you can do all that stuff OFFLINE. All the restricitons are
    towards gaming. The only way microsoft can redeem themselves is if they get rid rid of all the restricitions to gamers and show good games.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

screen time on xbox one not working

Hi there UTZS,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issue with screen time limits for your child. Have you taken a moment to review the family settings under the parent profile?

Here are some troubleshooting resources:

Hope this helps. Let us know.
  6. UTZS Win User

screen time on xbox one not working

No. I'm using different screen for PC and Xbox.
Thema:

1. XBox One Screen Time restricitions no long work - Similar Threads - Screen restricitions long

2. OneGuide keeps going the screen saver while watching TV

in XboX Insiders
    OneGuide keeps going the screen saver while watching TV: While watching TV using the OneGuide app, the Xbox goes into screen saver (showing close achievements, etc). I've filed a report on the Xbox, just thought I'd post here also. submitted by...
  3. Can't purchase anything. No error code, just keeps bringing me back to purchase screen. Help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't purchase anything. No error code, just keeps bringing me back to purchase screen. Help!: I have an Xbox One S and haven't had any problems making purchases until just the other day. Tried to buy my daughter a new world in Minecraft and after punching in my PIN and confirming the buy,...
  4. Notifications of success at the top of the screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Notifications of success at the top of the screen?: Hello. I am an Insider member of the Beta version, I will want to know if we can change notifications of success, to appear at the top of the screen. Thanks for your help^^...
  5. Xbox Kicking Me Out of Games Back to Home Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Kicking Me Out of Games Back to Home Screen: My xbox keeps kicking me out of games while they are loading and bringing me back to the home screen. I have tried many different tests to resolve the issue and nothing has worked. Looking for...
  6. Dual screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dual screen: I'm wondering if anyone can help me I started up my Xbox and it's displaying like dual screens and I don't know why I try restarting taking plugs out can anyone tell me how can I fix that...
  7. Notifications of achievements at the top of the screen?

in XboX Insiders
    Notifications of achievements at the top of the screen?: Hello. I am an Insider member of the Beta version, I will want to know if we can change notifications of achievements, to appear at the top of the screen when i play. Thanks for your help^^...
  8. My sons Xbox one has frozen on the green Xbox one screen , any ideas on how to solve this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My sons Xbox one has frozen on the green Xbox one screen , any ideas on how to solve this?: My son has switched his xbox one on tonight but it seems to be frozen on the green xbox one screen, we’ve tried pressing the white xbox button for 10 seconds and various other things but it wont...
  9. About the tv screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    About the tv screen: So when i turn on my xbox one the tv screen change to black screen or sometimes says no sopported!!! PLIS SOMEONE HELP ME! e0d83180-a108-48b6-a007-8e2b4d885e80
  10. Xbox will not launch apps or display the home screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox will not launch apps or display the home screen: I just updated my xbox and it worked fine for a day or two before no longer displaying the home screen. It shows a black screen however, the quick menu will still open. Any help would be much...