XBOX One scrolling downward infinitely on the quick menu.

Discus and support XBOX One scrolling downward infinitely on the quick menu. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenever i tap the X button on the controller and attempt to navigate the menu, the selector thing always gets stuck at the bottom, and i am unable to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Supernova109583, Jul 28, 2019.

1. XBOX One scrolling downward infinitely on the quick menu.

Whenever i tap the X button on the controller and attempt to navigate the menu, the selector thing always gets stuck at the bottom, and i am unable to move it. I have checked all the buttons and even tried a different controller but the problem still exists.
    Whenever I am in a game or on the main menu with all the apps, I am able to navigate just fine. Can somebody help?

:)

Supernova109583, Jul 28, 2019
  2. {Parity} Win User

Sounds like you have stick drift on the console. If it is under warranty contact
    Xbox Support for assistance else you will have to replace the controller.

The best way to reach Live Support would be here:
    Xbox Support

Step 1 ----Select Xbox One

Step 2 ----Select See other options

Step 3 ----Select topic (Ex. System Update)

Step 4 ----Select "Show contact options"

Step 5 ----Select request a call from support
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Supernova

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently

The first thing that I would like to recommend is performing a

power cycle
    . This would be like using a fresh start on something like your PC. This can be done by following these steps:

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
      Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.
    Alternatively if this doesn't work for you, since you have already attempted to use an alternate controller, I would recommend resetting your Operating System by using a soft

factory reset

This will allow to fully squash any kinks that might be inducing this issue. Following these steps will allow you to do this:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info. [Additionally, you can also select Settings from your
      Games and apps under Apps]
    3. Select Reset console.

1. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:
      • Reset and remove everything. This option resets the console to factory settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted. You should use this option when selling
        or gifting the console to someone else. You should only use this option as a last resort in some troubleshooting cases.
      • Reset and keep my games & apps. You should use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. This will save you from downloading
        or reinstalling the large game files. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose
        Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with
        Reset and keep my games & apps
        and save Reset and remove everything as a last resort.
      • Cancel. To back out of this screen, simply select the
        Cancel
        button. No action has been taken at this point. This is a safe exit from this screen.

I would recommend using the Reset and keep my games & apps to reduce how much time it takes to get back to gaming.

Please bear in mind that you will remove all accounts from your console and Home Xbox associations, so be sure to have your emails and passwords in mind

Give this a try and let us know if this works for you!
  4. JohnnyXeo Win User

To rule out console issue, I would try a different controller. However, it is probably what Parity is saying.
  5. SilentDeparture Win User

Problems connecting to Hardcore servers. Always full :(

They have hardcore servers?! I never knew this. May someone tell how to join one of these as I've only seen conquest, rush, team deathmatch, etc. Am I not scrolling far enough through the list on the
    quick game menu?
  6. X R1DDLE BOX X Win User

Infinite Scrolling

I meant controller is off and it still happens
Thema:

1. XBOX One scrolling downward infinitely on the quick menu. - Similar Threads - scrolling downward infinitely

2. Anyone else notice when you are in the Xbox menu and if you scroll down, the sound gets...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else notice when you are in the Xbox menu and if you scroll down, the sound gets...: I noticed it just now, it’s a pretty odd thing. The funny part is if you scroll back up, the sound gets louder again and I can hear again out of the right ear cup submitted by /u/catsnbikess...
  3. Xbox one s auto scrolling to the right

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s auto scrolling to the right: So basically i was playing payday 2 where you hold down rb quite often, after closing the game the xbox acted as if i was still holding down rb, i have factory reset it multiple times and my rb...
  4. Brand New Xbox Controller (3 Days) Stuck Continuously Scrolling Right

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Controller (3 Days) Stuck Continuously Scrolling Right: So I got this new xbox controller from The Source three days ago and I woke up, got on xbox and my controller is stuck continuously scrolling right. I inspected the controller, the right bumper is...
  5. xbox elder scrolls

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox elder scrolls: i having a really bad bug in my elder scrolls skrim game on my xbox one i need xbox chat support c7dee171-2eb6-48df-a206-5238035473e5
  6. X button constantly clicking and joystick scrolling way to fast

in XBoX on Consoles
    X button constantly clicking and joystick scrolling way to fast: I was on my xbox home page and everything was fine and i started playing a game then after about an hour and a half my x button stopped working so i went to my homepage and my joystick was...
  7. Controller not respond and automaticly scroll back issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not respond and automaticly scroll back issue: Hello. On my xbox one x it have happened 3 times now that i can play just fine, but when i push xbox buttom on the controller to close the game or access the menu, when i push LB or RB to scroll...
  8. Auto scrolling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto scrolling: My sons xbox keeps auto scrolling to the right. Already did a hard reset, console reset, and changed remotes. Nothing has helped any ideas on whats malfunctioning?...
  9. Xbox is scrolling right on its own all the time.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is scrolling right on its own all the time.: When i switch on my Xbox and am in the home screen it constantly scrols right to store so i cant do anything. I have already restarted my Xbox but it still does not work. This happens even if i...
  10. Xbox One constantly scrolling/moving in a left downward direction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One constantly scrolling/moving in a left downward direction: I have no idea what to do to fix it. I know its not the controller, because it does it when I turn on the Xbox without the controller. It randomly started happening after I turned the Xbox on last...