Xbox one Seagate game drive stopped working

Discus and support Xbox one Seagate game drive stopped working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This morning my Seagate game drive has no light and is not registering with the Xbox one. Have tried all of Xbox one troubleshooting guides Any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BIGKr4ken82, Sep 18, 2022.

1. BIGKr4ken82
    BIGKr4ken82 Guest

This morning my Seagate game drive has no light and is not registering with the Xbox one.

Have tried all of Xbox one troubleshooting guides

Any other suggestions?

Thank you

:)

BIGKr4ken82, Sep 18, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, BIGKr4ken82! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your external hard drive.

• May I ask which Xbox One model you are using?

• To clarify, are you referring to the guide at [ https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne... ]?

- Please let me know if you've followed other troubleshooting guides besides the one mentioned above.

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards.
  3. BIGKr4ken82 Win User

Thanks for responding I’m using an Xbox one s. I have used the troubleshooting guide above and it still won’t register and there is no light on the game drive
  4. Iceweb Win User

Backwards compability for USB 3.0 External hardrives on XBox 360?

Seagate drives are not poor quality. I have used many Seagate drives in PC builds and never seen one fail. The reason they don't work with 360 is that the firmware used by Xbox was not designed for Seagate drives - nothing to do with quality.
  5. Zen Like Calm Win User

120GB SSD

I find it more likely that the limit is at 256gb to stop people using their own external drives and instead push the official Seagate ones

https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Game-Drive-Green-STEA2000403/dp/B01065S79E/

You know the ones that thanks to the official status from Microsoft are $20 more expensive than the same capacity drives from the same company (in this case Seagate).

So what if someone can only fit one or two games on their external drive, shouldn't they be allowed to do so?
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

External HDD

It doesn't really matter which brand you go for, they all work pretty well. I myself use toshiba, maxtor & Seagate. The seagate drive (Xbox game drive) is the only one I have had issues with.
Thema:

1. Xbox one Seagate game drive stopped working - Similar Threads - Seagate game drive

2. Can you use a Seagate Storage Expansion Card along with an WD_BLACK 5TB P10 Game Drive on a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you use a Seagate Storage Expansion Card along with an WD_BLACK 5TB P10 Game Drive on a...: I want to use a Seagate Storage Expansion Card and WD_BLACK 5TB P10 Game Drive for Xbox on the Xbox series X. Can this be done? Pilar 9a4900fa-7eb7-41d1-9aca-6b78fbe76152
  3. Switching to a new Seagate 8TB Game Drive Hub.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Switching to a new Seagate 8TB Game Drive Hub.: Hello All, I currently have an XBOX One console with a 1TB External HDD. I do have a new XBOX S on order as well but it will not be here until sometime next week. In the meantime, until my new...
  4. I cannot play games downloaded onto my new seagate game drive

in XboX Insiders
    I cannot play games downloaded onto my new seagate game drive: I just got it recently and it says it is compatible with series x, but now the Xbox says the drive is too slow to play series x games on, any ideas? submitted by /u/MemeLord_11 [link] [comments]
  5. My Xbox series X seagate 1 TB portable drive keeps disconnecting when playing a game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series X seagate 1 TB portable drive keeps disconnecting when playing a game...: Hi, I have been recently getting a issue with my seagate portable drive on my Xbox Series x for some reason randomly when I’m playing a game after a while of playing it randomly goes back to the...
  6. Just got my Xbox Gaming Hard Drive Hub from Seagate, plugged it in and now My Xbox turns...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just got my Xbox Gaming Hard Drive Hub from Seagate, plugged it in and now My Xbox turns...: Just got my Xbox Gaming Hard Drive Hub from Seagate, plugged it in and now My Xbox turns off everytime it remains connected, it seems that others are having issues with this, so I decided to...
  7. Seagate Game Drive 2TB disconnects and reconnects on Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Seagate Game Drive 2TB disconnects and reconnects on Series X: So it randomly disconnects and reconnects in under 1 sec, with the message "Game Drive can be used now". It happens when i play SX Games on the SSD, but also when i play X One Games with the...
  8. Seagate - Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Seagate - Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive: So i gave my little brother my Xbox and im gonna go the PC route now. Can i use the external hard drive on the PC and play the digital copy games that are on it? If there is a certian software or...
  9. Seagate Game-drive voor Xbox One - 2 TB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate Game-drive voor Xbox One - 2 TB: is this compatible with next gen consoles? thnks c0d7ed47-0339-486a-8b0b-0fe3c716c566
  10. Can I use an Xbox One S Seagate hard drive to transfer my games to a Series X when I get it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use an Xbox One S Seagate hard drive to transfer my games to a Series X when I get it?: I have an 8 terabyte Seagate external hard drive that I store all my games on for my Xbox One S, and I was wondering if I could plug it into my new Xbox Series X when it comes out and have all my...