Xbox one set up my child as administrator and want to change

Discus and support Xbox one set up my child as administrator and want to change in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When my son received his new Xbox one, I did not realize I could set up a family account and I set him up as an an administrator (adult) using my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AmySowinski, Oct 7, 2019.

1. AmySowinski
    AmySowinski Guest

When my son received his new Xbox one, I did not realize I could set up a family account and I set him up as an an administrator (adult) using my Microsoft account that was set up just for the xbox. His screen name is associated with my email address &
    Microsoft account and he has been using it for two years. I want to set usage limits without losing his game history, etc. Is there a way to transfer game history to a new account? Or is there a way to add an adult and switch the original admin account to
    a child account? Help!

:)

AmySowinski, Oct 7, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Amy,

Thanks for coming to the forums. Unfortunately, there is no way to transfer information from one account to another. Also once the account is an adult account, there is no way of restricting it. To do this the best way you would need to create a

new child account
    . Then you could leave your profile there as the
    home console
    , so the child account could use the games and subscriptions like Xbox live or game pass from it.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. RachelBrady Win User

Unable to set child safety settings

This defeats the whole purpose as I don't want my child to have the ability change his own settings. According to the xbox one instructions you should be able to change the child settings while logged in as the parent, the instructions state specifically
    to login as the parent.
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

엑스박스 계정 나이제한 관련 [Edit - Translation] - Xbox account age limit related

Hello there,

We just need some clarification in order to better assist with this issue. Are you wanting to change your account from child to adult? Or are you wanting to set up a family for child accounts? What exactly are you trying to set up and what for?

This link should help out :
    Add a new member to your family on Xbox One

Let us know if this helps!
  5. TIM0STATIC Win User

multiplayer restrictions/

There is no adult account for my child account so I cant change my child account setting. I want to purchase something but cant since i cant find my adult account. When i press on family, it only comes up with my child account.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Buying Red Dead Redemption 2

Hello RepairedCrane90,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. The account will remain a child account from the moment it is created. A customer can change the birth date of the account, but it will not affect the account's status as a child account. This means that
    a
    family must be set up with the child account. Once the family has been established, the parent account can change the

privacy settings
    for the child account. Did you manually change the birth date for the account? Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. Xbox one set up my child as administrator and want to change - Similar Threads - set child administrator

2. Child won't appear on Xbox privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child won't appear on Xbox privacy settings: I want to change the privacy settings on my child's account, but when I enter the xbox privacy settings, I can only find my Xbox Live account and my Microsoft account. I've tried to change the...
  3. Child Profile able to Access All Settings ? ? ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child Profile able to Access All Settings ? ? ?: New Xbox owner... I've added my very young children to our family and set up the controls as advised... But when I log in as one of the children I am still able to access the Settings Menu ? I...
  4. Can't get into my Xbox privacy settings because my account thinks i'm a child account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get into my Xbox privacy settings because my account thinks i'm a child account: I recently tried to join a MC realm, but the option to join one would not pop up (switch btw). It said I needed to change my Xbox privacy settings, so I tried to do that but it keeps redirecting...
  5. How can i set up my child's account so they can crossplay with buddies on Playstation?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can i set up my child's account so they can crossplay with buddies on Playstation?: How can i set up my child's account so they can crossplay with buddies on Playstation? 45675dea-5263-471c-a0e0-d6dfac010445
  6. Xbox 1 set up in my sons name as an adult! I want to change his account to a child’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 1 set up in my sons name as an adult! I want to change his account to a child’s: basically son set up xbox 1 in his name and i am now concerned about him and would like to put family settings on as i have done for my other son but it seems that he is classed as an adult...
  7. Adjusting Apps, Games Family Settings for a Child. Adjust the age 16 or 17 but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adjusting Apps, Games Family Settings for a Child. Adjust the age 16 or 17 but...: Thank you ahead of time for any assistance as I have gone through every support item I could think of or find to help me adjust this. I have a mature 15yo and is under Family as Child as I would...
  8. My account is set to child settings but the settings say it's an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account is set to child settings but the settings say it's an adult account: My account has been set to custom to where i can put whatever i want but i cant change my picture anymore i cant change things like that because its told me that ive been set to "child" setting...
  9. How do i set up xbox time limits without a child account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i set up xbox time limits without a child account?: Hello, My kid plays on his own XBOX one and he plays on my parent account. I dont want to set him up with a child account because hes not old enough for an email address, plus he'll loose all...
  10. Child Account settings not updating

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child Account settings not updating: First off, yes, I'm using adult account to change the settings. Every time I change the selections to allow online play, adding friends, streaming, etc. and click submit, the page refreshes and...