Xbox one set up my child as administrator and want to change

Discus and support Xbox one set up my child as administrator and want to change in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When my son received his new Xbox one, I did not realize I could set up a family account and I set him up as an an administrator (adult) using my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AmySowinski, Oct 7, 2019.

1. AmySowinski
    AmySowinski Guest

When my son received his new Xbox one, I did not realize I could set up a family account and I set him up as an an administrator (adult) using my Microsoft account that was set up just for the xbox. His screen name is associated with my email address &
    Microsoft account and he has been using it for two years. I want to set usage limits without losing his game history, etc. Is there a way to transfer game history to a new account? Or is there a way to add an adult and switch the original admin account to
    a child account? Help!

:)

AmySowinski, Oct 7, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Amy,

Thanks for coming to the forums. Unfortunately, there is no way to transfer information from one account to another. Also once the account is an adult account, there is no way of restricting it. To do this the best way you would need to create a

new child account
    . Then you could leave your profile there as the
    home console
    , so the child account could use the games and subscriptions like Xbox live or game pass from it.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. RobRathbun1 Win User

How to transfer xbox account history, status, and achievements to child's account

Im having same exact issue. I want to leave this account to him but change the settings to child and make a new account as the administrator so I can set screen time limits
  4. RachelBrady Win User

Unable to set child safety settings

This defeats the whole purpose as I don't want my child to have the ability change his own settings. According to the xbox one instructions you should be able to change the child settings while logged in as the parent, the instructions state specifically
    to login as the parent.
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

엑스박스 계정 나이제한 관련 [Edit - Translation] - Xbox account age limit related

Hello there,

We just need some clarification in order to better assist with this issue. Are you wanting to change your account from child to adult? Or are you wanting to set up a family for child accounts? What exactly are you trying to set up and what for?

This link should help out :
    Add a new member to your family on Xbox One

Let us know if this helps!
  6. TIM0STATIC Win User

multiplayer restrictions/

There is no adult account for my child account so I cant change my child account setting. I want to purchase something but cant since i cant find my adult account. When i press on family, it only comes up with my child account.
Thema:

1. Xbox one set up my child as administrator and want to change - Similar Threads - set child administrator

2. How do I change my child's Xbox one privacy settings?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change my child's Xbox one privacy settings?: I have bought the game "Astroneer" for my child and he wants to play with one of his friends but when he tried to add his friend to his Xbox one account it says that he needs to change his privacy...
  3. XBox Live account settings changes not reflecting on child's account

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Live account settings changes not reflecting on child's account: I changed my child's account settings to allow him to play online with his friends on XBox live. However, when he goes into Minecraft, he still gets a message saying that the privacy settings are...
  4. Child account cannot add friends even though Family Settings are set to allow friends adds.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child account cannot add friends even though Family Settings are set to allow friends adds.: In the settings for the child account following these steps through the menus.. settings-account-family settings-manage family members-child account profile-privacy and online safety-view details...
  5. Xbox settings for child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox settings for child account: How do i stop my children from doing "dangerous" stuff on their accounts like removing themselves from my family group I know of the key pass function but when i enable that it really locks down...
  6. how to redeem xbox code for child account where game is rated higher than setting for child

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to redeem xbox code for child account where game is rated higher than setting for child: Hi there My child plays Fortnite on the xbox and because of his age and the content, I have to approve this along with any purchases. Which is really good because I get to control it. However,...
  7. Can't set parental controls on child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't set parental controls on child account: I have 4 accounts in my family group. One is me and 3 child accounts. 2 of the child accounts are fine, the third is always in a state of "Something went wrong - try again in a little while" in...
  8. My Account Has Reverted Into A Child Account Even Though It Was Set Up As An Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Account Has Reverted Into A Child Account Even Though It Was Set Up As An Adult Account: I posted a post before about how i accidentally changed my DOB to a child account and then in return couldn't edit some features in the settings, a user replied with how some services where down...
  9. Swap email on X Box Accounts for a Child Account to set restrictions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Swap email on X Box Accounts for a Child Account to set restrictions: Good evening, I know there are several feeds in the community on this subject but I have never come across a definitive answer on this. I, like many others set up an account on Xbox, using my...
  10. XBOX Family and Privacy Settings for Child Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Family and Privacy Settings for Child Account: Hi - I have spoken to multiple people at MSFT about this issue, but no resolution. They say system-wide issues, but I don't see those anymore and still have the issue. Here is the problem. I have...