Xbox one shows black screen when turned on unless a reset is done every day.

Discus and support Xbox one shows black screen when turned on unless a reset is done every day. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am totally frustrated with my Xbox one. Out of nowhere, when I turned it on, it showed a black screen. After multiple YouTube videos of how to check... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Schwicky, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Schwicky
    Schwicky Guest

I am totally frustrated with my Xbox one. Out of nowhere, when I turned it on, it showed a black screen. After multiple YouTube videos of how to check for a faulty HDMI cord and repair the port, found out it is not the cord nor the port. I did a restart
    on the Xbox and it finally came back to life. The problem is, I now have to do a restart (the one that saves all your games and desired settings) every time I turn the Xbox off and on. THIS TAKES 30-45 MINUTES EVERY TIME! This can't be good. Has anyone else
    experienced this? If so, can it be fixed or is it time to say my goodbyes and get an upgrade?

:)

Schwicky, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Salmoro Win User

Hi

Sorry to know about this issue you're having.

From what I understood, you have been performing factory reset to your console by selecting the option ( keeping games and apps). every time you had black screen. I suggest to do an

offline update
    to your console.

If offline update did not solve the issue, The console must be repaired. However, if you have an original Xbox One, I am afraid to say that Microsoft has discontinued support and servicing for this console.

Regards.
  3. bleach023 Win User

yeah i got this 2 days ago and honestly considering going to PlayStation
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Schwicky,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue with a blank screen. We recommend trying out the
    troubleshoot wizard for blank screen. Please be sure to try all of these
    and let us know. If still having issue not seeing anything you may want to think on getting the console repaired. You can set one up on the
    device support page.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello SantiagoV3,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will be
    more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming
    SantiagoV3!
  6. SantiagoV3 Win User

Hi i got a black screen of my tv when i turn on my xbox and this the first time that it happen to me before i dont know what to do and if i reset my xbox im i going to keep all of my games? And this was happing for 2 days now please help me.
Thema:

1. Xbox one shows black screen when turned on unless a reset is done every day. - Similar Threads - shows black screen

2. My Xbox console is turn on but there nothing showing up on the tv, it just a black screen...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox console is turn on but there nothing showing up on the tv, it just a black screen...: At first i turn my xbox console on and it turn on but it just show a black screen so i tried to turn it off but it wont turn off until i pull out the plug from the wall outlet. Then i put the plug...
  3. xbox game bar record last 30 seconds recording shows black screen with audio only

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox game bar record last 30 seconds recording shows black screen with audio only: xbox game bar recorded last 30 seconds but when i played the video it shows only black screen with audio only .But when i manually click the record button and records the game using xbox gamebar...
  4. Game Streaming App Not Working And Showing Black Screen

in XboX Insiders
    Game Streaming App Not Working And Showing Black Screen: Anyone having problems when they use the game streaming app? I tried playing Madden but could only hear sound and no picture. Anyone know why? I don't think I have fully set up Madden on my Xbox,...
  5. My Xbox One X had a black screen for the past 3 weeks and it constantly shows the screen...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One X had a black screen for the past 3 weeks and it constantly shows the screen...: My Xbox one X was in the insider Program. I left yesterday opting out of it on my PC. My xbox for the past 3 weeks would start on a black screen and then randomly reset and show the 4k chip....
  6. Xbox One X now only shows a black screen and doesn't even show the start up intro

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X now only shows a black screen and doesn't even show the start up intro: Completely out of nowhere, my game cuts to black. I can still talk to the people in my party, but I decide to hard restart my Xbox. Now nothing happens on startup, no noise is played, but my...
  7. Black screen but menu will show and games will play

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen but menu will show and games will play: I cannot replicate this but it has happened to me twice since the last update. What happens is that the screen is black. Nothing at all shows except the customize and search options thing in...
  8. my xbox one s has crashed an cant even get it to come on showing a black screen .. i need...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one s has crashed an cant even get it to come on showing a black screen .. i need...: my xbox wont come on its just a black screen we have factory reset it an it is still under warranty through xbox I need for someone to contact me asap afbbe297-2a4e-48e7-b98b-c6c3e51e12c5
  9. After changing my password, trying to sign in shows me a black screen with the circle...

in XBoX Accessibility
    After changing my password, trying to sign in shows me a black screen with the circle...: I just reset my password and I can't sign into my Xbox. 81e1d855-90fa-4d26-8134-9144bcf3b24f
  10. Xbox One X Showing Black Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Showing Black Screen: We have two Xbox OneX in the house and both of them randomly started to malfunction and I need assistance 92a04aed-9b58-4c8f-a537-129a7f954205