Xbox One Shuts Down Completely (And Randomly) While Playing Outlast

Discus and support Xbox One Shuts Down Completely (And Randomly) While Playing Outlast in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've been going back and replaying some oldies lately - a few of the early RE remakes, and now Outlast/Whistleblower. I'm playing on an Xbox One, as I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DarkRaven22f, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Xbox One Shuts Down Completely (And Randomly) While Playing Outlast

I've been going back and replaying some oldies lately - a few of the early RE remakes, and now Outlast/Whistleblower. I'm playing on an Xbox One, as I have yet to find a Series X. Anyway, so what happens is, I'll be playing Outlast for a couple of hours, and then suddenly the entire console will shut down. It is not a ventilation or overheating issue, as I can sit here all day long playing literally any other game and not have it happen.

If I try and go right back into Outlast after it kicks me out, it kicks me again, repeatedly, though if I wait a couple of hours it tends to work again, making it -seem- like an overheating issue when it isn't. The only other game I have had issues with on my console is Control, but when that breaks, it gives me the "not enough graphic resources" fault and returns me to Home, at which point I can go back in and keep playing. It doesn't forcibly shut down my entire console.

Does anyone know what is going on? Is that some sort of "feature" with Outlast to keep us from playing it too long in one sitting? Is it present in Outlast 2? While so far it hasn't corrupted the game or my saves or anything, I can't imagine the forced shutdowns are good for the console.

submitted by /u/DarkRaven22f
    [link] [comments]

/u/DarkRaven22f, Oct 7, 2021
  2. DocHolliday 7 Win User

MS Spokesperson: Kincect not always watching/listening

The more I read these articles from today. I think they are saying it can be completely shut down IF AND ONLY IF the Xbox One is shut off, not while it's playing games or watching television.

I would almost bet a paycheck on it.
  3. ymo1965 Win User

Xbox Series X Randomly Shutting Down While Playing

Another much larger thread here..

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-series-x-turns-itself-off/2c824f7a-8c85-4085-996a-54f501f98bd1?page=41
  4. RMatsu Win User

Xbox one X overheating issue

Yes, this overheating problem is caused by PUBG. It started around update 15 or 16 I think. My fans also go wild once it displays your character and the dynamic background. I've never had it shut down there, but it will randomly shut down while playing
    the game. I often point a fan at the Xbox which seems to stop it. Super annoying.
  5. datoysoldier Win User

XBOX One X Randomly Shutting down while gaming

Thanks all,

Solution that ended up working for me was to actually uninstall Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order from the internal drive of my console and install it on my external Seagate drive.

Appreciate everyone's responses!
  6. xXRachieeXx1993 Win User

XBOX One X Randomly Shutting down while gaming

Hello!

Our Project Scorpio edition has an uncanny nack of overheating if it is in a tv cabinet and the game that you are playing is graphically heavy, which is super frustrating. It does it in the same spots of certain games based on the intense graphics displayed.

Try moving the xbox to a more open area, and ensure that the power cords are in both the xbox and the powerpoint securely. If this still continues, you may need to follow the troubleshooter to ensure there is no other easy solve issue, and then you next
    stop would be contacting microsoft to see about potential other issues.
Thema:

Xbox One Shuts Down Completely (And Randomly) While Playing Outlast

1. Xbox One Shuts Down Completely (And Randomly) While Playing Outlast - Similar Threads - Shuts Down Completely

2. Xbox One consoles do not properly upload game saves unless they are completely shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One consoles do not properly upload game saves unless they are completely shut down: Just in case someone at Microsoft actually looks at these forums, because the supposed chat "support" is actively antagonistic to getting issues solved, I am posting this here. There is a bug in...
  3. Completely shut down console by selection

in XboX Insiders
    Completely shut down console by selection: Despite having my console on energy saving and for testing purposes turned off both "Keep console updated" and "Keep apps & games updated", my console keeps starting up the fans every now and...
  4. X-Box Series X Completely Shuts Down from Rewards App

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series X Completely Shuts Down from Rewards App: I’ve had an issue that happens a couple of times a week (usually from the Rewards app) where the Series X will do a hard shut down (no image) although the controller and system light remain on, It...
  5. Halo MCC Completely shuts down Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Halo MCC Completely shuts down Series X: I've posted an error report as well but thought I would bring the attention here as well. Upon starting up Halo MCC it gets to the loading screen with "Halo" in the bottom right before the power...
  6. Minecraft keeps going to a black screen and completely shutting down my Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft keeps going to a black screen and completely shutting down my Xbox One X: It only does this on Minecraft, I've tested it on numerous games. I've tried hard resetting my Xbox, reinstalling the game, etc It's also nothing to do with how it's plugged in and my Xbox is a...
  7. Call of Duty: Warzone causes my Xbox One X to completely shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Call of Duty: Warzone causes my Xbox One X to completely shut down: I recently received a refurbished One X from Microsoft. I can play every game, no issue, except Warzone. After a few minutes, it completely restarts my consoles. There's plenty of ventilation,...
  8. Xbox completely shuts down when turner off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox completely shuts down when turner off: Every time I turn on my Xbox it has to fully restart and go through the Xbox loading screen, hence me having to restart all my apps, which can take a while depending on the game. Is there a reason...
  9. Xbox one X crashes and completely shuts down during cutscenes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one X crashes and completely shuts down during cutscenes: This issue started with Darksiders 3. I was fighting Gluttony and half way through the fight there's a cutscene. My xbox would shut off during this cutscene every time I tried. I did a hard reset...
  10. Xbox one completely shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one completely shutting down: So I’ve had my xbox one for a couple years now, and it was working like a champ. But today it started to shut completely down after starting a game up right away. Like even the power box light...