XBox One shuts down when starting Live TV

Discus and support XBox One shuts down when starting Live TV in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a problem with my Xbox One when starting Live TV. I have the following setup: - HTPC (Windows 8.1) - Cablecom TV-Box... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by K3N.SD, Feb 16, 2014.

1. K3N.SD
    K3N.SD Guest

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my Xbox One when starting Live TV. I have the following setup:

- HTPC (Windows 8.1)

- Cablecom TV-Box (Samsung)

Both devices connected through a high quality HDMI Switch to the Xbox ONE. When waking up the XONE with the "XBOX ON" command, then starting Live TV ("XBOX WATCH TV" command), the HDMI switch points to the HTPC which is already ON. During the Start of the
    Live TV my TV screen went black, the XBOX makes a squeaking noise (the Xbox itself not though the speakers) and shuts down completely. If the HDMI switch points to the TV-Box the screen stuttering for about 1 minute and no sound is played.

I already replaced all the HDMI cables and the HDMI switch without success. I tested the HDMI switch with my TV and it works fine. If I restart the console after the crash, everything works fine and as expected, except from the sound issue. To solve the
    sound problem I have to turn off the TV-Box and switch it on again. The sound issue happens with all devices it seems, that the problem occurs if the connected Device is ON before the XBox ONE is ready.

Is there any fix for this, or is any update (already have the Feb. 16 update) in queue?

THX K3N

:)

K3N.SD, Feb 16, 2014
  2. IDVDI
    IDVDI Guest
    Xbox one wont shutdown if live TV is on after 1 hour of inactivity.

Could anyone confirm that power saving settings are not effective when live TV is on?? I've set it to one hour. Saying Xbox off works fine. It shuts down both Xbox and TV. The power saving settings are not working as I expected.

I would really appreciate this feature, since my daughter always forget to shut down the whole thing!!!

IDVDI, Feb 16, 2014
  3. cross44
    cross44 Guest
    Help with HDMI Control

TV's can auto detect if a port stops being used and shut down, my TV i have will shut itself down if i have a pc connected to it and i shut the pc down. This might be on your tv, look for settings about connections and shutting down.

Xbox doesn't turn your tv off like that, when it turns the system on for instance it does it with kinnect doing a spectrum spread that is basically bombarding the room so it hits the tv.

cross44, Feb 16, 2014
  4. Xtr2me8ru6e Win User

Black screen

try to shut down all the electric activities from your xbox, unplug your hdmi cable from your tv and the most important thing of all, shut down your tv also (only standby, don't shut it completely off). Then turn on your tv after 5min, put in your hdmi cable
    and put in your electric wire for your xbox and start it up.

hope it helps, let me know.
  5. AndyMort Win User

Xbox shuts down when starting a game

Thanks. The only one of those steps I havent tried is

Solution 3: Change the console settings so it doesn’t turn off automatically

but that doesn't make sense as none of the settings there allow you to set anything so that it doesn't turn off automatically, rather it lets you restart or do a full shutdown. Its getting a full shutdown already when the problem occurs.
  6. Allebas Win User

Hi AndyMort,

Do you hear any noise from your Xbox before it shuts off? If not, it might be the power supply. When I had this issue that was the cause of the problem. However, I was able to test this theory by using a different power supply. Also, is this happening
    with all games or just one?
  7. DerVaddi Win User

Xbox shutting down when starting a game

8. AndyMort Win User

Hi ,

Do you hear any noise from your Xbox before it shuts off? If not, it might be the power supply. When I had this issue that was the cause of the problem. However, I was able to test this theory by using a different power supply. Also, is this happening
    with all games or just one?
    Thanks. It happens with all games. I don't hear any noise when it happens. It just turns off and goes quiet. The xbox one x is an internal power supply.
Thema:

1. XBox One shuts down when starting Live TV - Similar Threads - shuts down starting

2. Xbox shuts down when starting a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox shuts down when starting a game: Got a problem with xbox one X. It starts up and works fine in the dashboard and youtube etc. However as soon as I start a a game it completely shuts down. When it starts back up it is from...
  3. Crackdown 3 keep shutting down my Xbox one X at the start of game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crackdown 3 keep shutting down my Xbox one X at the start of game.: hi all, I'm unable to play Crackdown 3 as it keep shutting down my Xbox one X at the same point of games very time I try to play. this point is right at the start of the game when you are in the...
  4. Xbox shutting down when starting a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox shutting down when starting a game: I will turn on my console and try to start a game and it will shut down and when I turn it on again it acts like I restartes it big green Xbox screen and so on after it is fine it will load the...
  5. Brand New Xbox One S shutting down while starting Red Dead Redemption 2 and other games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Brand New Xbox One S shutting down while starting Red Dead Redemption 2 and other games: Hello, I bought a new Xbox One S for christmas, it came with Red Dead Redemption 2 and a friend of mine borrowed me The Witcher 3. I installed the Console, did the Updates, but RDR2 does not...
  6. Xbox one x shut down after starting bundle game

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one x shut down after starting bundle game: The Xbox launches the bundle game after the full installation. But after about 10-15 sec. the sound stops and the console goes down without an error message and can only be started on the console...
  7. Console Xbox one shuts down when I start up nba2k19I

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console Xbox one shuts down when I start up nba2k19I: my Xbox shuts down when I start up nba2k19 1dc0e368-acdb-4f34-ba75-0b2f1221dca1
  8. Xbox One shuts down immediately after starting game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One shuts down immediately after starting game: Purchased Xbox One 4 months ago, about week or two ago it has started to shut down right after stating a game. When I restart it is fine. Very annoying for a new console. I have seen this in...
  9. when entering the interface of my xbox one and start a game it shuts down.

in XBoX on Consoles
    when entering the interface of my xbox one and start a game it shuts down.: I want to send my xbox to fix directly to the factory but I do not know how much they charge me I'm from Mexico. b90889a7-579b-4a40-b9c1-019d2f79e53c
  10. Xbox One S shuts down after sleep when starting an app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S shuts down after sleep when starting an app: start Xbox One S from sleep Start an app System pauses System shuts down Happens everytime after sleep or full power down c9f6a25d-a5a1-4e63-8fce-92a0d117a153