Xbox one shuts down when updating and won’t restart

Discus and support Xbox one shuts down when updating and won’t restart in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So whenever my Xbox one does a system update it wont restart. All I get when I press the power button is half of the startup sound then nothing. I can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AchilliesXXII, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Xbox one shuts down when updating and won’t restart

So whenever my Xbox one does a system update it wont restart. All I get when I press the power button is half of the startup sound then nothing. I can get it to start by unplugging everything, external hard drive, hdmi out, and power cable, then plugging
    just the power cable back in. I still end up getting the half start up sound a few times before it finally kicks on. What is the deal? It only does this on a full restart never any other time and I don’t get an error code. Can anyone help me?

:)

AchilliesXXII, Aug 2, 2019
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello AchilliesXXII,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your console will not shut down and start up when you console updates. It is possible that the system update did not apply itself properly and may be affecting the console negatively. We recommend
    completing a
    soft factory reset
    . The soft factory reset will keep all games and applications installed, but it will remove all profiles from the console. Therefore, the email address and password of those accounts must be known before this step is taken. This will give
    your console the opportunity to download the system update and apply it properly. If you are unable to access your settings for the soft factory reset, we will provide steps on how to access the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. You can choose to reset the console
    from this menu. Be sure to let us know the results!

How to access the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back in.
    3. Press and hold the BIND button (located on the left side of the console) and the
      EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the
      Xbox button on the console.
      Note The Xbox One S All-Digital Edition does not have an
      EJECT
      button. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the
      BIND button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button .
    4. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
      BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.
  3. AchilliesXXII Win User

Thank you for the advice however this did not fix my problem. A little further information this has been happening for at least a half a year. I am always appear to be able to finish the updates when they happen. Any other ideas?
  4. DEATHPOKE Win User

xbox one green screen freeze, factory reset and still not working.

just restarted, tried to update one of the many updates that I cannot get to work. System crashed and shut down -__-
  5. Xx Aleex xX Win User

cant install initial update... heeeeeeeelp!

i can't do the initiate uptate too.... when i reach 100% it say that the xbox will restart after when he is being restart, it shut down... it's always the same thing my xbox shut down after initiate uptate ....
  6. nosliT n Tilson Win User

xbox one power button flashing

+++===---*** DO NOT SHUT DOWN IF FLASHING AFTER UPDATE!!! ***---===+++

I just updated my Xbox One and I was sitting watching the light flash and found this post about this and while reading, the Xbox One shut down by it self and restarted.. So do not shut it down yourself, because you might mess the update up!! If shutting
    down worked for you, you got lucky.. Think about it, if this was a Windows update, you need to wait for it to restart your computer and sometimes you have to wait for a little while before it turns back on. This is normal for it to do the update correctly.

If you have Auto Update On then, you may have this happen right after you get up in the morning. Your time zone may have the update set for the morning.

I turned off my auto update and when I turn on my Xbox One it tells me I have to update. It may be just me, but I like to see how much an update is and how long it takes for my update to finish. This is just my brain at work.. lol
Thema:

1. Xbox one shuts down when updating and won’t restart - Similar Threads - shuts down updating

2. Update the game- shut down the hacking and cheating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Update the game- shut down the hacking and cheating: The amount of cheating in Black Ops II is utterly ridiculous. Every lobby in Multiplayer is either being hacked. people are cheating. Everyone that doesn't cheat gets frustrated and gets off the...
  3. Initial xb1 set up/console shuts down during update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Initial xb1 set up/console shuts down during update: initial xb1 install of new console. The console seems to be on a timer and after WiFi connected the console wants to update. One hour into this process at about 40% complete the console shuts...
  4. New UPDATE !!! keeps shutting down internet connection before download starts.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New UPDATE !!! keeps shutting down internet connection before download starts.: Keep getting this error Message when I try to download new update 445E-0000-D080-0200-8007-2741 Any help would be greatly appreciated. Rob 639a6e04-d47e-49b7-a010-9d5823336a25
  5. MS SUDOKU SHUTS DOWN AFTER DAILY CHALLENGES WON/DOESN'T UPDATE STATS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MS SUDOKU SHUTS DOWN AFTER DAILY CHALLENGES WON/DOESN'T UPDATE STATS: MS Sudoku daily challenges has started acting very strange. Started about 4 days ago not long after I won a Gold Medal for January. Now when any of the 3 daily challenges are won the game...
  6. YouTube App Freezes and then Console Shuts Down after March Update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    YouTube App Freezes and then Console Shuts Down after March Update: Hi, I've noticed that ever since my Xbox One got the March update, whenever I try to play a video on the YouTube App, at about 2 minutes in, the video will freeze, followed immediately by the...
  7. Xbox One Shut Down Mid Game Now Won't Load, Restore or Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Shut Down Mid Game Now Won't Load, Restore or Update: I was playing a game and out of nowhere the Xbox shut down. I tried turning it on and it would keep quitting out after about 5-10 seconds. I then entered the startup troubleshoot menu and tried to...
  8. Latest update causing shut down issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest update causing shut down issues: after the last east update to the Xbox one (April 2017), the Xbox is now not shutting off properly. I'm on entertainment saving mode as normal,and when it shuts down the, the Xbox it's self does...
  9. After new update all internet browsers shut down after a minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    After new update all internet browsers shut down after a minute: After this new update for the Xbox one a few days ago, the internet browser closes completely after 1 minute. I have tried in Microsoft Edge and the separate internet browser app. The same thing...
  10. Xbox One shutting down after new update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One shutting down after new update: Tried all the troubleshoots. Xbox one turns on and then after a minute or two of being on turns off automatically. Console will not turn on even after using a different PSU....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one shuts off during update