Xbox One Signed-out restrictions

Discus and support Xbox One Signed-out restrictions in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For the last 2 months, I've been unable to change any of the signed-out restrictions on my XBox One. Every time I go to Xbox Settings - System -... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by draiken2000, Oct 28, 2019.

1. draiken2000
    draiken2000 Guest

For the last 2 months, I've been unable to change any of the signed-out restrictions on my XBox One. Every time I go to Xbox Settings - System - Signed-out Restrictions, I get a message saying 'Content restrictions are in effect, but can't be changed until
    we connect to the service'. After I close the message, the options to change those settings are grayed out. And yes, I have an 'Adult Account' and there are no other members on the account. I've also tried removing and re-adding my profile to the console,
    which made no difference. I've also completely reset the Xbox to factory defaults and again, it still doesn't work. Trying to manage it on my PC is also not successful as it seems the webpage at https://account.xbox.com/en-us/settings has
    also been down since at least the beginning of August when I got back from vacation.

Anyone know how to fix?

:)

draiken2000, Oct 28, 2019
  2. TAHER TAHER1 Win User

When you set up your account to the xbox 360 assuming you had one did you add another account to the profile?and make sure you are connected to the internet and have the latest updates on the system (under
    settings). Also, make sure you are the only user set up on the system, it sounds like someone set the settings on the system, delete other users or return it to factory settings (not sure if that is an option or not in the Settings). If there is no other user
    and you are completely up to date, I'd say contact Microsoft for assistance. They should be able to assist you with any issues you are having with your system.

Hope it helps
  3. Christyna64 Win User

4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Content Restrictions

Hi, is your account under parental controls ?

If that's the case then the parental account will need to sign in and change any restrictions on your account.

If that's not the case and your account is an adult account and you also have a child account signed in that has content restrictions set then those restrictions will also affect the adult account until the child account signs out.

support.xbox.com/.../child-and-adult-signed-in
  5. uneasyrider7712 Win User

My child's Live account restrictions are keeping my Adult account from having full access

I resolved the issue. It appears that Xbox One let's you do a 'quick switch' between accounts. I wasn't signing my childs account out, just switching over to mine, where everything was still showing restricted.

Once I signed out of his account, and signed mine in... I had full access.
  6. HumanoidSharks Win User

Gamertags and payment

What if I sign into a friend's Xbox One and change it from there. You can change your gamertag (one time, of course) with no time restrictions on an Xbox One, correct?
Thema:

1. Xbox One Signed-out restrictions - Similar Threads - Signed restrictions

2. Can't sign in to Xbox (Beta) app

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't sign in to Xbox (Beta) app: I am unable to sign in to the Xbox (Beta) app on Windows 10 Pro. When I try, I get the following message: "A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated." This has...
  3. Unable to sign into xbox live on PC Gamepass

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sign into xbox live on PC Gamepass: I currently have a Gamepass Ultimate subscription, but I don't own an Xbox. I'm playing on PC, but whenever I try to launch a game in the Xbox app on PC it gives me an error message saying it...
  4. PC Xbox Game Pass sign in loop.

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Xbox Game Pass sign in loop.: Hello, I have a problem where I can't login to PC Game Pass properly. I enter in my info to sign in and my gamer profile pic comes up and it says welcome back and lets play but then it goes right...
  5. Xbox 360: Xbox live sign up not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360: Xbox live sign up not working: I cant sign up for xbox live on 360, any solutions? 4bdda1c5-66d9-431e-8b70-e5a26c035ee2
  6. Been signed up for Insider a couple weeks but no console streaming

in XboX Insiders
    Been signed up for Insider a couple weeks but no console streaming: Am I missing a step? I'm hearing from other threads, that console streaming is pretty much for all insiders in the U.S., which includes me. I've downloaded the insider Hub app on PC and Xbox. I've...
  7. xbox one cant sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox one cant sign in: been playing for three months and all was going well till this morning. asked me to sign in but will not let me in. I have gone online to Microsoft and reset PW twice....I can get into my account...
  8. Xbox app not working: no sign in or code.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app not working: no sign in or code.: After updating the Xbox app for Android I can no longer use it. When the app loads up it prompts me to "Join the community" with two buttons to "SIGN IN" or "SET UP CONSOLE." Neither work. "SIGN...
  9. XCloud - sign out of the xbox account

in XboX Insiders
    XCloud - sign out of the xbox account: So playing around with xcloud and so far I really like it but I do have a quick question about the need for sign out to sign in on xcloud. So my family usually watches stuff on xbox (movies and...
  10. Set restricted time continues to run when signed out on XBOX

in XBoX on Consoles
    Set restricted time continues to run when signed out on XBOX: Hi, I have set time restrictions for my child eg 4 hours per day to be used as he decides. The issue is that if he plays for an hour and sign out , the time continues to run down even when he’s...