Xbox One Signed-out restrictions

Discus and support Xbox One Signed-out restrictions in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For the last 2 months, I've been unable to change any of the signed-out restrictions on my XBox One. Every time I go to Xbox Settings - System -... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by draiken2000, Oct 28, 2019.

1. draiken2000
    draiken2000 Guest

For the last 2 months, I've been unable to change any of the signed-out restrictions on my XBox One. Every time I go to Xbox Settings - System - Signed-out Restrictions, I get a message saying 'Content restrictions are in effect, but can't be changed until
    we connect to the service'. After I close the message, the options to change those settings are grayed out. And yes, I have an 'Adult Account' and there are no other members on the account. I've also tried removing and re-adding my profile to the console,
    which made no difference. I've also completely reset the Xbox to factory defaults and again, it still doesn't work. Trying to manage it on my PC is also not successful as it seems the webpage at https://account.xbox.com/en-us/settings has
    also been down since at least the beginning of August when I got back from vacation.

Anyone know how to fix?

:)

draiken2000, Oct 28, 2019
  2. TAHER TAHER1 Win User

When you set up your account to the xbox 360 assuming you had one did you add another account to the profile?and make sure you are connected to the internet and have the latest updates on the system (under
    settings). Also, make sure you are the only user set up on the system, it sounds like someone set the settings on the system, delete other users or return it to factory settings (not sure if that is an option or not in the Settings). If there is no other user
    and you are completely up to date, I'd say contact Microsoft for assistance. They should be able to assist you with any issues you are having with your system.

Hope it helps
  3. Christyna64 Win User

4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Content Restrictions

Hi, is your account under parental controls ?

If that's the case then the parental account will need to sign in and change any restrictions on your account.

If that's not the case and your account is an adult account and you also have a child account signed in that has content restrictions set then those restrictions will also affect the adult account until the child account signs out.

support.xbox.com/.../child-and-adult-signed-in
  5. uneasyrider7712 Win User

My child's Live account restrictions are keeping my Adult account from having full access

I resolved the issue. It appears that Xbox One let's you do a 'quick switch' between accounts. I wasn't signing my childs account out, just switching over to mine, where everything was still showing restricted.

Once I signed out of his account, and signed mine in... I had full access.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

How do I prevent use of my Xbox by anyone not logged into their account?

Open the console settings, while you're signed in with your parent account.

There is a setting for "Signed out content restrictions", where you can prevent anyone from playing without being signed in, or prevent creating or downloading new accounts.

This will lock down your Xbox, so your kids "have to" use their own time restricted accounts properly.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Signed-out restrictions - Similar Threads - Signed restrictions

2. Xbox One X no longer automatically signs me in

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X no longer automatically signs me in: Sometime recently I got a new 'feature' where I have to choose what profile to sign in every time I start the Xbox. I'm unsure if this is intentional or if it is a bug, and if the former is there...
  3. Minecraft for android sign in is stuck on loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for android sign in is stuck on loading: So i recently redownloaded minecraft for android after a long rime (last i played was better together update) and when i tried to sign in it is stuck on the trying to sign in screen just loading...
  4. Automatic sign in not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Automatic sign in not working: I have my controller linked to one of my accounts and have a pin set on it. I recently changed my password, tried entering it, and it didn't work. If I change the passcode does automatic sign in...
  5. Xbox sign in with microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox sign in with microsoft account: I keep trying to sign into my Xbox account on my laptop and it asks for a pin when I never even set one in the first place. So I just recently created a pin on my laptop and it says its incorrect....
  6. Xbox App not letting me sign in

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox App not letting me sign in: I have been unable to sign in to any microsoft account using my xbox app on this device. on other devices i can log in to my account with no problems but on my phone when i try to log in, it...
  7. PS4 sign in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PS4 sign in: Im a ps4 user and I wanted to play MC with my friends on xbox. When i attempted to sign in it gave me a pop up telling me that signing into a microsoft acc will permanently associate it with your...
  8. "Signed-out content restrictions" feature

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Signed-out content restrictions" feature: Where do I find this for Xbox? I do not want my child to be able to access games that do not require sign-in. When looking around on the forums and Microsoft answers, I found info that tells me to...
  9. Can “Signed-out content restrictions” block Microsoft Store?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can “Signed-out content restrictions” block Microsoft Store?: I’m trying to place a restriction on my Xbox One. When no one is signed in, I would like to have the Microsoft Store app inaccessible (so previews of potentially inappropriate games or movies...
  10. Set restricted time continues to run when signed out on XBOX

in XBoX on Consoles
    Set restricted time continues to run when signed out on XBOX: Hi, I have set time restrictions for my child eg 4 hours per day to be used as he decides. The issue is that if he plays for an hour and sign out , the time continues to run down even when he’s...