xbox one skype times out when starting up

Discus and support xbox one skype times out when starting up in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So i got a new Xbox one on friday I love it but my skype times out steps 1. go to apps 2 select the skype 3 sit at the blue skype screen for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by XXhellraiser, Jan 20, 2014.

1. XXhellraiser
    XXhellraiser Guest

So i got a new Xbox one on friday I love it but my skype times out

steps

1. go to apps

2 select the skype

3 sit at the blue skype screen for about 2 minutes

4. error message comes up and says its cant open skype becuase it time out

What do i need to do to fix this?

:)

XXhellraiser, Jan 20, 2014
  2. Kenkaku
    Kenkaku Guest
    Minecraft Mega Builds!!

Hey guys one of my buddies and I are building some mega builds and are starting out with the Greek Parthenon and the Roman Pantheon. Just message me on xbox if you want to join. Any age can join Gt: . Recommended: Skype. Skype name: og_swifty.

Kenkaku, Jan 20, 2014
  3. pault2007
    pault2007 Guest
    Xbox one voice commands list

Xbox go to Internet Explorer
    Xbox watch TV
    Xbox answer (when Skype notification comes up during a game)
    Xbox hang up (end Skype call)

pault2007, Jan 20, 2014
  4. TECHNOx420
    TECHNOx420 Guest

First hard reset (hold down power button on the console for 8 seconds while its turned on) when it boots back up uninstall/reinstall the Skype app and it should work just fine

TECHNOx420, Jan 22, 2014
  5. TECHNOx420 Win User

First hard reset (hold down power button on the console for 8 seconds while its turned on) when it boots back up uninstall/reinstall the Skype app and it should work just fine
  6. soccerp1ay3r Win User

3 way video skype

SentientSam,

Yes it is possible to have up to 3 participants on a video call on skype for Xbox One. Here is a link to the support page with the step-by-step to start the video call for 3 people:

support.xbox.com/.../skype-group-video-call

Hopefully this will help you out.
  7. NxtDoc1851 Win User

Are all of the upcoming Xbox One bundles bad news for the Kinect?

I actually use Skype on my Xbox One quite a bit @ brandiesel. As do a few of my friends, who have family out of state. Why use a 5 inch phone screen when I can use my 70 inch? My father in law lives out of state. And mother lives out of state in the
    winter so we Skype on our Xbox One's. And my daughter uses Skype on her Xbox One as well to speak with her Grandma. Skype is my most often used app, next to Xbox Music.
  8. Claudius.H Win User

Skype and Youtube has no "go back" button?

Let's try to not mix up requests here: The original topic starter was asking for a "Go back" option.

Now "Weapon X" is asking for a "quit or sign out Skype app" option which is a totally different thing. Indeed you can't sign out of Skype separately. You can change your status to "invisible" though if you don't want to be bothered by calls and IM. Also
    don't forget that the Skype app adheres to the "Quiet Settings" of your Xbox One, more details on that in the Skype mini FAQ here:

support.xbox.com/.../skype-faq

And if you want to talk to the Skype guys directly you can do so here:
    community.skype.com/.../Xbox
  9. Big Seppel Win User

Skype video conference on Xbox One not possible

We are two persons at the skype conference (Xbox and PC). I host the video chat and I lose everytime my video signal. And I cannot restart the signal so I have to start a new call. I happend when I' use Skype in full screen and when it is snapped. I noticed
    this problem after the june system update. First Kinect didn't start when I started the Xbox and now Kinect is working fine except with Skype. Sorry for my englisch. :)
Thema:

1. xbox one skype times out when starting up - Similar Threads - skype times starting

2. Is it possible to switch a skype account onto a different microsoft account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to switch a skype account onto a different microsoft account.: My main skype i have set up recently and have all my contacts on it and wish to use it on xbox one, however the xbox skype keeps going to an old one i don't use and set up 10 years ago in a...
  3. Skype auf der Xbox 360s [Translation - Skype on the Xbox 360s]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype auf der Xbox 360s [Translation - Skype on the Xbox 360s]: Hallo ich besitzte eine xbox 360s mit einen kinect sensor aber ich weiß nicht wie ich skype auf der xbox 360 herunterladen kann! _______________________ [Translation - Hello i own a xbox 360s...
  4. Skype is locked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype is locked: my skype was locked, I submitted a form a week ago, no one answer me, I answered questions many times, though I have provided with right passwords and right usernames of my contacts for many...
  5. Camera Kinect não funciona no Skype[Camera Kinect does not work on Skype]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Camera Kinect não funciona no Skype[Camera Kinect does not work on Skype]: Estou tentando utilizar o Skype no meu Xbox one, maa ao tentar fazer chamada de vídeo aparece a seguinte Mensagem: webcam esta sendo usada por outro aplicativo no momento. Nenhum outro app esta...
  6. No video from Skype on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No video from Skype on Xbox One: Can't get video from Skype on Xbox One shown on other devices. Web camera (Logitech) works because I can see a little preview video of myself in the bottom right corner of TV screen. Gave all...
  7. Microphone is making a terrible noise all the time, others apps ( Skype ) work fine.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microphone is making a terrible noise all the time, others apps ( Skype ) work fine.: Every time I join a party, my microphone is on 'active'. As in I'm speaking all the time ( without me saying anything or even muting my mic on my headseat). My friends say it's an unbearable...
  8. Compte skype [Translation- account skype]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Compte skype [Translation- account skype]: Bonjour j’ai du crédit sur mon compte mais impossible de passer un appel . D’autre part je ne sais plus comment mettre du crédit car mon numéro de carte a changé. Merci pour vos réponses...
  9. BEWARE! This person is using a hacker - using MY personal info to use Skype, XBox Live, and...

in XBoX on Windows
    BEWARE! This person is using a hacker - using MY personal info to use Skype, XBox Live, and...: Hello... My name is [Mod Removed - Personal Information] and I've been the victim of an unknown cyberattacker for over a month. I know he/she has an account here on Skype, but I do NOT. I reached...
  10. Talk in skype call, and talk in party chat at the same time

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Talk in skype call, and talk in party chat at the same time: Hey i just wanted to know if i could talk to people in a skype call using the skype app on Xbox One and also talk to people in party chat because i have friends that aren't on Xbox and are on and...