Xbox one slow connection speed

Discus and support Xbox one slow connection speed in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; We've recently had sky Q installed and two miniboxes. The problem is now that the speed of the internet is slow for where my xbox one is in the house.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by WolvesPotts9, Aug 22, 2019.

1. WolvesPotts9
    WolvesPotts9 Guest

We've recently had sky Q installed and two miniboxes. The problem is now that the speed of the internet is slow for where my xbox one is in the house. The main sky q box already has an ethernet cable connection to one of the minibox number 1 to improve the
    connection speed elsewhere in the house.

My query is how do I improve the speed of my xbox internet connection - can i run an ethernet cable to a sky q minibox (number 2)? I can't run the cable to the main sky q box as it already has an ethernet cable going to minibox 1.

Or could I use a splitter on the back of the main sky q box - one to continue to go to minibox 1 and another cable direct to the xbox?

Many thanks

:)

WolvesPotts9, Aug 22, 2019
  2. Mister Mascot Win User

is it possible that xb1 is limiting my dwnld speed?

Hey there Bi9Daddy61,

Speeds can vary based on internet hardware, connections and other factors. We do have a guide that can help with slow speed troubleshooting though. Please take a look and see if it helps out.

Troubleshoot slow speeds on Xbox One
  3. Mister Mascot Win User

Help troubleshooting xbox live speeds with TWC ISP

Hey there BeatBigDaddy,

How are you connected to Xbox Live? Are you using a wired or wireless connection? Are you seeing any Packet Loss when you check on the Xbox One console? Since the Xbox One and PC are two separate devices, the speed might vary based on the type of connection.

Please take a look at this guide for some more help with troubleshooting slow speeds.

I am experiencing slow performance when playing Xbox One games on Xbox Live

Let us know how it goes!
  4. RomkaZzz Win User

COD Ghosts not installing.

5. twodollars74 Win User

Slow download times!

Ethernet cable then tried wirelessly same result. Slow. When I download on the xbox one the speeds are fast. It too is connected via an Ethernet cable.
  6. IgotTSondabrain Win User

Wireless connection on xbox one kicking me out of games and party chat!

are powerline adaptors any good? i'm wondering if I should be using those as my xbox one has seriously slow speeds with the wired connection
Thema:

1. Xbox one slow connection speed - Similar Threads - slow connection speed

2. Slow download speed on XBox One but network connection speed is just fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download speed on XBox One but network connection speed is just fine: I have got network speed with a download speed of 251.19Mbps, but downloads of games or updates are sooo slow... like 56Kbps slow... In this way it takes several days to download new games... :-(...
  3. Slow download speed on wired connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download speed on wired connect: I am having trouble with downloading apps on my xbox. When I am in the queue it shows me downloading at 50-200Kbps. But when I am in the test network speed and statistics is says I have a...
  4. Slow download speeds on specific fast connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download speeds on specific fast connection: Hi, I'm downloading a game update at around 1mbps but when I check my connection speed in the settings it is 40mbps. When I first got the Xbox it would download at 40mbps. Even more confusing,...
  5. Minecraft for Windows 10市场连接速度慢(The connection speed of Minecraft for Windows 10 is too slow)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for Windows 10市场连接速度慢(The connection speed of Minecraft for Windows 10 is too slow): 下载材质包等资源速度太慢,需要等待较长时间,甚至 法下载,可以修复吗,最好是可以增 下载速度 Downloading things like texture packs is too slow, we have to wait a lot of time, even sometimes cannot download, can it be fixed? Else make the...
  6. Slow upload speeds on gigabit connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload speeds on gigabit connection: SOLVED: Microsoft support confirmed that upload speeds to XboxLive are capped in my region. I have Verizon Fios Home Router. I have a Cat 5e cable wired to xbox one. My download speeds are 800...
  7. Slow slow speed and intermittent connectivity

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Slow slow speed and intermittent connectivity: Slow slow speed and intermittent connectivity Power cycle usually does the trick. 797a0d0f-a9fe-4628-ba9e-7775d58fe442
  8. Xbox one slow game download speeds but good speeds when testing the connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one slow game download speeds but good speeds when testing the connection: I am on wired and my download speeds are fluctuating between 500kb/s to 8MB/s but upon testing the internet connection on xbox one it always show 50/51MB/s which is what my internet package is ,...
  9. Slow xbox companion app connection via stream function to xbox speed

in XBoX on Windows
    Slow xbox companion app connection via stream function to xbox speed: I've notice this has been an issue for me since the day this feature was implemented. Every time I attempt to play any game it becomes a lag fest because of the extremely slow speed that occurs...
  10. Has Microsoft had a response to the slow connection speeds for the Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has Microsoft had a response to the slow connection speeds for the Xbox One S: At my house, I currently get 150Mbps from my ISP (And I get anywhere from 140-175Mbps depending on time of day on my phone and laptop) yet at the same time I'm getting a high speed reading on my...