Xbox one software updates

Discus and support Xbox one software updates in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So many times I've come downstairs to watch tv through the xbox one I have to wait 5 to however many minutes for an xbox update to download. How about... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hale Hankock, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Hale Hankock
    Hale Hankock Guest

So many times I've come downstairs to watch tv through the xbox one I have to wait 5 to however many minutes for an xbox update to download. How about putting out a finished product to all the loyal early adopters rather than us being your beta testers?
    This machine has been nothing but a pain since I bought it.

:)

Hale Hankock, Apr 4, 2014
  2. King Tones
    King Tones Guest
    King Tones, Apr 4, 2014
  3. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    Console asks to update randomly

The Xbox One console features updatable software. This software includes the operating system as well as many system, game, and media apps for the Xbox One. During a system update, the software on your console is updated through a download-and-install
    process. The system software updates may sometimes update the system’s firmware, but this is not common for most updates.

System updates help improve your experience with the addition of new features as well as improvement of existing features. The updates will be downloaded from the Xbox Live service directly to your Xbox One and subsequently installed.

For more info: Learn About Xbox Updates on Xbox One | System Updates

M3tal Daz3, Apr 4, 2014
  4. Bazajaytee
    Bazajaytee Guest

The updates are system updates and the latest one that went out last night resolves just the issue you are raising. The update will apply itself rather than waiting to be turned on again to complete the update.

majornelson.com/.../new-xbox-one-system-update-begins-rolling-out-tonight

Silent reboot after system updates and system update on demand now available. If your console is in Instant On mode, the update will happen automatically and return to standby upon completion. This means you won’t need to power on your console after an update
    moving forward. If you want to take future updates when available without waiting for your console to do it on its own, we’ve added this option under system settings and you’ll be able to use it next update. It will only show as available when there is an
    update to take.

Bazajaytee, Apr 15, 2014
  5. Bazajaytee Win User

The updates are system updates and the latest one that went out last night resolves just the issue you are raising. The update will apply itself rather than waiting to be turned on again to complete the update.

majornelson.com/.../new-xbox-one-system-update-begins-rolling-out-tonight

Silent reboot after system updates and system update on demand now available. If your console is in Instant On mode, the update will happen automatically and return to standby upon completion. This means you won’t need to power on your console after an update
    moving forward. If you want to take future updates when available without waiting for your console to do it on its own, we’ve added this option under system settings and you’ll be able to use it next update. It will only show as available when there is an
    update to take.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Console asks to update randomly

The Xbox One console features updatable software. This software includes the operating system as well as many system, game, and media apps for the Xbox One. During a system update, the software on your console is updated through a download-and-install
    process. The system software updates may sometimes update the system’s firmware, but this is not common for most updates.

System updates help improve your experience with the addition of new features as well as improvement of existing features. The updates will be downloaded from the Xbox Live service directly to your Xbox One and subsequently installed.

For more info: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-update-overview
  7. MB5656 Win User

Xbox wont start

8. The General Win User

Updating the xbox software

Those are great suggestions to do if all else fails reset the dashboard
  9. SatiricalTen725 Win User

Updating the xbox software

Thanks taidara .. but i dont think there is any problem with the connection any way i live lebanon and i have a tp-link router and i'm normally connected bit i cant understand why does the update stops at the end and give me the error code ... some people
    recommended to update using a cd or a usb flash device ... i tried but when restarting the console no update starts .. please help
Thema:

1. Xbox one software updates - Similar Threads - software updates

2. How to reinstall the control software already turns on after updating

in XBoX on Windows
    How to reinstall the control software already turns on after updating: Good, my Xbox One controller tried to update it through the "Xbox Accessories" application in windows 10 and I got an error and the controller was not updated, and it does not turn on. How to...
  3. : Failing to update xbox 360 software

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Failing to update xbox 360 software: : Failing to update xbox 360 software Hi SM Enayet Mahmood, Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing issues with updating your console. You may want to try Clearing your Xbox 360...
  4. Most recent software update won't load

in XBoX on Consoles
    Most recent software update won't load: Hi community. I'm trying to get a 2015 X-Box 360 to update to the latest software. The automatic update that it loaded doesn't include things like the Microsoft Store in the task bar. I've tried...
  5. Xbox bricked after software update: 19h1_release_xbox_dev_1904.190224-1940

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox bricked after software update: 19h1_release_xbox_dev_1904.190224-1940: My Xbox one is enrolled in the Xbox insider program (to test out new updates before they are released to the public). The last update: 19h1_release_xbox_dev_1904.190224-1940 bricked my Xbox. It...
  6. Xbox 360 Software Update Keeps Failing to Proccess

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Software Update Keeps Failing to Proccess: I have an Xbox 360 Slim Gloss console, that will not let me connect to xbox live because it says that I have a system update, but once the update completes it says Update failed, Can’t process the...
  7. xbox one x 8K free software update coming soon?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x 8K free software update coming soon?: will this free update be coming for the spec HDMI 2.1 soon? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkC7Fo6ObUU 30114122-74f5-45f9-af95-f9372b27292c
  8. Gears of war 2: User data lost after software update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of war 2: User data lost after software update: Gears of war 2: User data lost after software update. Hi, I lost my user data after a software update. I was level 80 in multiplayer I lost part of the statistics But I have the goals...
  9. Xbox one New software update December 2018 broke my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one New software update December 2018 broke my console: Hello Gamers This morning i turned on my xbox one x and had to download a update and it download the update but when hit 30% on veritfying update it just stop the update it showed my console id...
  10. software update

in XBoX on Consoles
    software update: when does the Xbox software update with Alex controls and Dolby vision come out 0e134293-cf6e-4bc4-b122-84de9c97d15c