Xbox one sound, to 3.5mm (RCA) xrocker chair

Discus and support Xbox one sound, to 3.5mm (RCA) xrocker chair in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have an xbox one and I want to get sound from a connected xrocker games chair. ( X-Rocker-Junior-2.1, model 5119101 ) As far as I know this... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SpideryDude, Sep 15, 2018.

1. SpideryDude
    SpideryDude Guest

I have an xbox one and I want to get sound from a connected xrocker games chair.

( X-Rocker-Junior-2.1, model 5119101 )

As far as I know this xrocker chair has no wifi, and the only connection is a 3.5mm jack. After saying that I can think of at least 3 ways to connect the xbox one to the chair. Perhaps there's other ways ? (open to suggestions)

What I would like to know is what's the best way to do this for sound quality?

1. I can use the optical port (toslink), on the xbox one, then use a Toslink to RCA converter

2. I can use one of the hdmi ports, on the xbox one, then use an hdmi to RCA converter

Both of these would be a direct connection between the xbox one and the xrocker chair.

3. I can output the sound from the TV to the chair.

In any case the sound will be coming from the xrocker chair's speakers (2.1 surround sound) , VIA the 3.5mm RCA jack.

The question is will there be any sound benefit using either

1. the toslink, with adaptor or

2. the hdmi. with adaptor ?

Or is any sound benefit achieved, not worth it?

thanks for your time, and any advice is greatly appreciated

:)

SpideryDude, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Gaming chair help

Yeah the RCA red and white are what almost every TV uses for analog stereo output. It's pretty rare for a TV to have a 3.5mm stereo output jack. Just get a long enough 3.5mm male to male cable and you should be all set plugging your chair into your TV. Then
    just set the Xbox One to stereo out for HDMI and you should be all set. Getting a HDMI audio adapter to pull the audio signal out to 3.5mm or an optical to 3.5mm converter would really be overkill just for a stereo sound gaming chair.

One other way is if you have a headset chat adapter you can plug one end of the 3.5mm male to male cable into the chat adapter and the other into your chair. This way the audio would come wirelessly to the controller and then into the chair. Might not be
    as clear as a direct cable to your TV and will drain the battery on the controller a bit more since it's receiving audio.

Smiling Cat-FAB725BA-E75F-400C-9250-ECD9955C9C75, Sep 15, 2018
  3. HELP PLEASE READ!!

To hook up the sound you need a stereo female RCA to male 3.5mm cable

1. Unplug your speakers from your computer. ( If you do not know what the speaker cable looks like, it is green)

2. Take out your stereo female RCA to male 3.5mm

3. Plug the RED & WHITE plugs on the VGA cable into the stereo female RCA to male 3.5mm

4. Plug the speaker plug ( green plug ) into the stereo female RCA to male 3.5mm

And you are done!

DangerousBard, Sep 15, 2018
  4. pa1blo
    pa1blo Guest

pa1blo, Sep 15, 2018
  5. SpideryDude
    SpideryDude Guest
    Thanks for the link pa1blo, I contacted support, and they were able to tell me that the preferred connection on the xbox one S, would be the optical port.

But I was more wondering if the quality of the sound, would be a worthwhile expense, (I would need to buy an optical to RCA adaptor kit), then the xbox would be directly connected to the device.

The other option is to use the TV's RCA out, to the device. (not directly connected to the xbox) I was wondering if anyone had previous experience's of doing this, and if they knew how much better the sound quality would be. Or is it the case that there
    is not much difference?

SpideryDude, Nov 5, 2018
  6. SpideryDude Win User

Thanks for the link pa1blo, I contacted support, and they were able to tell me that the preferred connection on the xbox one S, would be the optical port.

But I was more wondering if the quality of the sound, would be a worthwhile expense, (I would need to buy an optical to RCA adaptor kit), then the xbox would be directly connected to the device.

The other option is to use the TV's RCA out, to the device. (not directly connected to the xbox) I was wondering if anyone had previous experience's of doing this, and if they knew how much better the sound quality would be. Or is it the case that there
    is not much difference?
  7. pa1blo Win User

8. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

Gaming chair help

Yeah the RCA red and white are what almost every TV uses for analog stereo output. It's pretty rare for a TV to have a 3.5mm stereo output jack. Just get a long enough 3.5mm male to male cable and you should be all set plugging your chair into your TV. Then
    just set the Xbox One to stereo out for HDMI and you should be all set. Getting a HDMI audio adapter to pull the audio signal out to 3.5mm or an optical to 3.5mm converter would really be overkill just for a stereo sound gaming chair.

One other way is if you have a headset chat adapter you can plug one end of the 3.5mm male to male cable into the chat adapter and the other into your chair. This way the audio would come wirelessly to the controller and then into the chair. Might not be
    as clear as a direct cable to your TV and will drain the battery on the controller a bit more since it's receiving audio.
  9. RandyAU93 Win User

RCA stereo outputs

Xbox One does not have RCA plugs of any kind. It does feature optical out for stereo receivers. If the chair supports a 3.5mm jack for stereo audio, that might be your best option, routing it from your TV or even your controller.
  10. DangerousBard Win User

HELP PLEASE READ!!

To hook up the sound you need a stereo female RCA to male 3.5mm cable

1. Unplug your speakers from your computer. ( If you do not know what the speaker cable looks like, it is green)

2. Take out your stereo female RCA to male 3.5mm

3. Plug the RED & WHITE plugs on the VGA cable into the stereo female RCA to male 3.5mm

4. Plug the speaker plug ( green plug ) into the stereo female RCA to male 3.5mm

And you are done!
Thema:

1. Xbox one sound, to 3.5mm (RCA) xrocker chair - Similar Threads - sound 5mm RCA

2. Minecraft Windows 10 Sound problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Windows 10 Sound problem: I recently redeemed the Windows 10 edition of Minecraft, but I can't play it due to a really awful audio bug -- upon launching the game I hear a loud white noise / static buzz through my headset...
  3. Xbox One S ticking sound from fan

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S ticking sound from fan: I posted here earlier about an issue with my OG Xbox One. But, this is about a seperate issue to do with my One S. Because of the ahem, "fault", with my Xbox One, I bought an S. I've had 2 and...
  4. is it possible to record gta 4 with xbox dvr and have sound as well?

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it possible to record gta 4 with xbox dvr and have sound as well?: is it possible to record gta 4 with xbox dvr and have sound as well? why are you doing these to us? c808f506-4ec8-4367-a169-860c9bf364d2
  5. Xbox one X sound issues and video issues at the same time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X sound issues and video issues at the same time: Just this. All of this. Hard reset does not fix and unplugging all USB's does not fix. Anyone ever have this issue? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37QySCn4Zio 7bb971a3-c568-4754-9f46-e914a44d1c7e
  6. no sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    no sound: have completely lost sound from my xbox. it happened gradually, started by not working through the TV but still working through headphones. then I started losing it through my headphones - could...
  7. No sound mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound mic: Hi, i have a big problem with my xbox controller, to resume everything, when i plug in my mic. Which it actually works 100%, in my controller doesn't works, in a group chat it appears like if i...
  8. No sound from headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound from headset: Hey, any help would be great but ever since the last xbox one update on the 15/8/2019 i have not been able to get my headset connected? Tried all the "fixes" like update controllers, update...
  9. Xbox sound issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox sound issues: Xbox updated after I left this morning, was good before i left but now my sound is all distorted. Sound is normal when the xbox logo first appears but once it hits the home screen my audio makes a...
  10. Pas de son Forza Horizon 4 ( Pc ) [Mod Translation - No sound Forza Horizon 4]

in XBoX on Windows
    Pas de son Forza Horizon 4 ( Pc ) [Mod Translation - No sound Forza Horizon 4]: Bonjour , j'ai acheté Forza horizon 4 récemment mais lorsque j'y joue, aucun son ne sort du jeu mis a part les cinématiques ce qui n'est pas super dans un jeu de voitures :'(. J'ai déj BEAUCOUP...