Xbox One Standard not connecting to new controller

Discus and support Xbox One Standard not connecting to new controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok, so I will try to post as much information so that I don't waste anyone's time. My Xbox One is the Standard version and has not been used since... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JayMc1000, Jun 13, 2019.

1. JayMc1000
    JayMc1000 Guest

Ok, so I will try to post as much information so that I don't waste anyone's time.

My Xbox One is the Standard version and has not been used since 2015. It hasnt even been switched on, it's been in the box.

I pulled it out yesterday and wanted to use it but could find the original controller for it so I bought one from Argos (other shops are available) the controller is a Official Xbox One Controller Model 1708 compatible with Xbox One, Xbox One S and Windows

Now here's my problem, they will not stay connected.

I sync them together and nothing happens. I use a USB to Micro USB cable and it connects for half a second, enough for me to move the joystick to one place across the screen but then it stops working and I have to turn the Xbox off and on again for it to
    do the same.

I have tried offline system update using a USB drive formatted to NTFS and from the microsoft website, following the instructions to the letter, it crashes and says system error E101. I can get the Xbox on again as if I never tried to update by just turning
    it off and on again so the error hasnt completely messed the Xbox up, but the controller and xbox still wont connect and I about 24 hours awayfrom smashing it all up.

Someone please give me a solution that doesnt require paying for it to be repaired.

Thank you in advance.

:)

JayMc1000, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Airyrose666 Win User

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/browse/xbox-one/controllers

hope this helps if not then please contact us again
  3. Porschesgt10 Win User

I have tried this page a few times and it keeps saying I need to replace the controller, but it is a brand new one.
    have a go at this web page.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/controllers/wireless-controller-solution

also is the console on the ready now power as if so then you can possible link it to the pc and do the updates through that using the mobile app to navigate around to try to update.

just think out aloud
  4. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Hello

Sounds like it might be an issue with that controller. I would try to see if I can get my hands on a different controller just to test it. If the next controller doesnt work it could be console. I would unplug console from wall for 5 mins. Replug make sure
    console is all up to date then try again.
  5. JayMc1000 Win User

I have tried this page a few times and it keeps saying I need to replace the controller, but it is a brand new one.
  6. JayMc1000 Win User

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/browse/xbox-one/controllers

hope this helps if not then please contact us again
    This doesn't help, just says I need to replace my brand new controller.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Standard not connecting to new controller - Similar Threads - Standard connecting controller

2. Forza horizon 4 édition standard Probléme au lancement du jeu [Translation - Forza horizon...

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza horizon 4 édition standard Probléme au lancement du jeu [Translation - Forza horizon...: Bonjour j'ai un souci j'ai pris le Game Pass sur windows 10 j'ai installer Forza Horizon 4 édition standard et quand je le lance et que je veux jouer il me met comme erreur : échec du chargement :...
  3. Xbox One S standard controller = what is the standard warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S standard controller = what is the standard warranty?: Hello, I purchased an Xbox One S bundle, which includes the console and two standard controllers, on December 5, 2018. I have noticed a consistent problem with only one of the controllers, where...
  4. Fifa 20 Standard Edition without the game itself?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fifa 20 Standard Edition without the game itself?: Hello guys, I just got a key to install Fifa 20 Standard Edition on my Xbox but when I entered the key it only installed 3 dlcs (the FUT packs & the icon on loan). There's no sign of the game...
  5. Xbox is deviating form the DVD / Blu Ray/ 3D Disc playback and closed captioning standards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox is deviating form the DVD / Blu Ray/ 3D Disc playback and closed captioning standards: I was wondering why only certain 3D Discs get rejected by my Xbox One, but play perfectly fine on my Playstaiton 3. I would tewast dad's 3D + 4KD + network TV player upstairs but it doesn't have...
  6. Xbox Live Ban Standards

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live Ban Standards: Recently banned and completely ignored by all xbox services. Hi all, So as a loyal 10+ year xbox subscriber I was recently banned for using an inappropriate term that could also be used to...
  7. Xbox One S Disc Drive Problems: I have found a method that works for standard DVD's not loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S Disc Drive Problems: I have found a method that works for standard DVD's not loading: Firstly, hello people I'm back again and this time with some good news that I know some of you will desperately be needing since the last youtube video I posted got a tonne of hits on this...
  8. Kontroler standard czy pro?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kontroler standard czy pro?: Witam. Czy na rynku sa dostepne kontrolery do XboxOna ktore procz różnicy wygladu(koloru/designu) różnią sie budowa wewnetrzna i rozwiązania techniczne sprawiają że sa padami mocniejszymi a ich...
  9. Xbox standard headset unable to connect properly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox standard headset unable to connect properly.: When I plug my headset into my controller, it works and I can mute it and change the volume but when I go into a party, it just says unable to find microphone. My console and controllers are both...
  10. Cant connect to my Basic XBox Live accounts, it say's I must pay for standard XBox Live ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to my Basic XBox Live accounts, it say's I must pay for standard XBox Live ?: I can't use my Netflix account anymore from my XBox 360. I thought Standard XBox Live was free (NOT GOLD) I dont want gold. I just want to watch youtube and play my local games. It's telling me...