Xbox One starts clicking during call of duty then completely freezes after Match is over

Discus and support Xbox One starts clicking during call of duty then completely freezes after Match is over in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So when I start a game of call of duty my xbox begins clicking every half a second and then when I finish the match the entire system freezes but I can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AlanOchoCinco, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Xbox One starts clicking during call of duty then completely freezes after Match is over

So when I start a game of call of duty my xbox begins clicking every half a second and then when I finish the match the entire system freezes but I can still hear people talking and my controller vibrating. It still clicks when I reboot the system. What
    should I do!?

:)

AlanOchoCinco, Nov 10, 2015
  2. Dano608
    Dano608 Guest
    xbox has power but no picture

ok so i got it to start up and finish the setup after the reset but after that i would play a match of call of duty and it would freeze after the match was over and now i'm getting the startup error screen again and now it wont let me factory reset

Dano608, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Bouchard96
    Bouchard96 Guest
    Multiple Games Freezing

I did a few testing of my own with different games. Here are the results. Is it possible these games are freezing because they are related in some way? (ie: use the same engine, graphical tools, or disk format)

1. Games that Freeze:

a. FIFA 10 - Freezes at start

b. Call of Duty: Black Ops - Freezes few minutes after gameplay

c. UFC Undisputed 2010 - Freezes at start

d. EA Sports MMA - Freezes at start

e. Halo Reach - Freezes after game loading, gives “Disk is unreadable” message and allows me to return to dashboard

f. Mortal Kombat - Freezes right after match loading with sound glitches

g. Read Dead Redemption - Freezes after game loading

h. Call of Duty 2 - Freezes after game loading

i. Fallout: New Vegas - Froze after about 10 minutes, but I hear freezing is common with this game

j. Grand Theft Auto IV - Froze after just a minute in the game

k. Crackdown - Freezes during game loading

l. Crackdown 2 - Freezes at startup

2. Games that don’t freeze:

a. The Orange Box

b. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

c. NBA 2K11 - Works, but has major graphical glitches

d. Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - Works, but has graphical glitches

e. ESPN NFL 2K5

f. NHL 11

g. Gears of War

h. Borderlands

Any help would be appreciated.

Bouchard96, Nov 10, 2015
  4. Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Guest

Xbox One starts clicking during call of duty then completely freezes after Match is over

Try going to Settings, Power, Restart Xbox. This will perform a full shutdown, instead of the hibernation state that a normal power down in Instant On mode will cause. If you aren't in Instant On mode, or if that doesn't work, in Power, go to Turn Xbox off,
    and then unplug the power cord from back of the console for 5 minutes. If it still doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall the game.

Please let everyone know if this works.

Kenny H., Nov 11, 2015
  5. I tried all of these and it is still clicking

AlanOchoCinco, Nov 11, 2015
  6. Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Guest
    Does the clicking seem to be coming from your speakers, our the console itself?

Kenny H., Nov 11, 2015
  7. It is coming from the console itself. It's not the normal clicking that people complain about that sounds like a fan, it's more of a clunking type noise. I was hoping it would be fixed today after leaving it unplugged all night but I turned it on and uninstalled
    COD with no problem, reinstalled it and at about 75% the Xbox shut off and when I turned it back on it froze on the green screen and began clicking again

8. Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Guest

That doesn't sound normal at all. There are many possibilities, but as far as I know, there is nothing you could do to fix it. I would recommend setting up a console repair at
    http://myservice.xbox.com

Kenny H., Nov 11, 2015
  9. Luckily, the guy I traded my ps4 with it for is going to take responsibility and trade it back

10. Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Guest
    That really is luck! Most people would just run off. Please don't hesitate to post any issues you have in the future!

Kenny H., Oct 31, 2018
  11. Kenny H. Win User

Does the clicking seem to be coming from your speakers, our the console itself?
  12. Kenny H. Win User

Try going to Settings, Power, Restart Xbox. This will perform a full shutdown, instead of the hibernation state that a normal power down in Instant On mode will cause. If you aren't in Instant On mode, or if that doesn't work, in Power, go to Turn Xbox off,
    and then unplug the power cord from back of the console for 5 minutes. If it still doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall the game.

Please let everyone know if this works.
  13. Kenny H. Win User

That really is luck! Most people would just run off. Please don't hesitate to post any issues you have in the future!
  14. Kenny H. Win User

That doesn't sound normal at all. There are many possibilities, but as far as I know, there is nothing you could do to fix it. I would recommend setting up a console repair at
    http://myservice.xbox.com
  15. AlanOchoCinco Win User

It is coming from the console itself. It's not the normal clicking that people complain about that sounds like a fan, it's more of a clunking type noise. I was hoping it would be fixed today after leaving it unplugged all night but I turned it on and uninstalled
    COD with no problem, reinstalled it and at about 75% the Xbox shut off and when I turned it back on it froze on the green screen and began clicking again
Thema:

1. Xbox One starts clicking during call of duty then completely freezes after Match is over - Similar Threads - starts clicking during

2. I click call of duty Cold War start button but every time I click it it just goes back to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I click call of duty Cold War start button but every time I click it it just goes back to...: I click call of duty Cold War start button but every time I click it it goes back to the home page fec334bf-9822-4298-a420-dda2aebbabc9
  3. Cannot start Flight Simulator. Nothing happens after clicking "Launch" button in MS Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot start Flight Simulator. Nothing happens after clicking "Launch" button in MS Store: Hello, since January i cannot run the sim. After clicking “Launch” button in MS Store nothing happens.Sometimes it starts but it’s very random and let’s say it’s 1 time within 30 tries. When it...
  4. This mornings alpha update makes the xbox slow to respond to click to start applications.

in XboX Insiders
    This mornings alpha update makes the xbox slow to respond to click to start applications.: I'm sitting here clicking hulu or prime video or Netflix 5-10 times before it does anything. Was fine last night before update to 10.0.19041.4129 submitted by /u/cchadcc [link] [comments]
  5. XB1-S HDD started clicking had a spare 2TB to put in OS/Firmware reinstall?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1-S HDD started clicking had a spare 2TB to put in OS/Firmware reinstall?: So I decided to upgrade my Xbox one S internal drive from 500gb to 2TB... Reason 1 I can hear a slight clicking and will put money on it's the HDD. Reason 2 I have no space and wasted money on a...
  6. When I try to click on start update, nothing is happening, I’ve tried to restart my Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    When I try to click on start update, nothing is happening, I’ve tried to restart my Xbox...: [IMG] submitted by /u/TheUltimateRorro [link] [comments]
  7. The start party and invitations should be at the bottom I keep clicking it when I get a message

in XboX Insiders
    The start party and invitations should be at the bottom I keep clicking it when I get a message: [IMG] submitted by /u/MLGDOOD [link] [comments]
  8. I want to start a server on this pc and when i click start it instantly signs in to my...

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to start a server on this pc and when i click start it instantly signs in to my...: When i sign into microsoft store i sign into the right one and then i play ark survival evolved and i push start and it signs into my other account hoe do i change this because i cant find a way...
  9. I went my games and apps and clicked start on crackdown and clicked file info and this pops...

in XboX Insiders
    I went my games and apps and clicked start on crackdown and clicked file info and this pops...: [IMG] submitted by /u/MLGDOOD [link] [comments]
  10. Microsoft Sudoku is not starting up when clicked on my Microsoft games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Sudoku is not starting up when clicked on my Microsoft games.: Hello...I am a daily player of Microsoft games with the Klondike, Spider, Free Cell, Pyramid, and Tri Peaks. I also play the world wide game every other day. In addition down below these I have...