Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter audio problems

Discus and support Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter audio problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; its working fine, but 5-10 seconds after plugging in the mic, the game audio becomes very loud and stereo, I've tried rebalancing the volume but it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Top Snek, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Top Snek
    Top Snek Guest

its working fine, but 5-10 seconds after plugging in the mic, the game audio becomes very loud and stereo, I've tried rebalancing the volume but it doesn't do much. When I unplug the cable it takes about 5-10 seconds for the audio to go back to normal. (im
    using a turtlebeach headset, I just want to use the mic, I have optical audio)

I thought that the audio was coming through the cable, but after unplugging the bad audio continues... I couldn't find any options.

I have updated my controller, should I try again?

Guess im still using kinect for a while.

:)

Top Snek, Mar 14, 2014
  2. Need help with lagging/hacking sound on my headset

Hello, I got this from the stereo headset support page
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/stereo-headset-set-up-troubleshoot#97a11841b62c4433bb7f4d44ac146d0a

Also have you updated your controller and the headset adapter ?
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

FearedNightmare, Mar 14, 2014
  3. TobyHoover
    TobyHoover Guest
    Headset ?

To answer your question yes, but please read the whole post: Turtle Beach said:

Please note that you will need to connect this headset to the stereo outputs from your TV or audio receiver for game audio and use the Kinect® for game chat with Xbox One.

www.turtlebeach.com/.../344

Microsoft says:

The following 3.5-mm audio headset types are supported:

A single 3.5-mm audio cable headset.

A dual 3.5-mm audio cable headset with 3.5-mm CTIA audio cables.

A headset with chat audio provided by a 3.5-mm audio cable and game audio provided by a separate cable with RCA or optical connectors. (Only chat audio will be enabled through the Stereo Headset Adapter. For RCA/optical connectors [game audio], follow the
    manufacturer’s instructions to connect to the console.)

An Xbox 360 Wired Headset with a 2.5-mm audio cable. Connect to the Stereo Headset Adapter by using the 2.5-mm-to-3.5mm adapter that’s included with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

See:
    support.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset-adapter

TobyHoover, Mar 14, 2014
  4. Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter audio problems

I am having the same problem. I was on Titanfall. TB x41's I use. The game audio was loud and I could not hear my party. Now the adapter is in place there is 3 volumes and I can not balance them.

lighthouseman-9A5BCC97-6B18-4E82-A146-7CB957426EBF, Mar 14, 2014
  5. EddieHendrickson Win User

Please explain the headphone situation for me

This is correct. Using the Xbox One Stereo Adapter (support.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset-adapter), you can use any of the following types of headsets:

◦A single 3.5-mm audio cable headset.

◦A dual 3.5-mm audio cable headset with 3.5-mm CTIA audio cables.

◦A headset with chat audio provided by a 3.5-mm audio cable and game audio provided by a separate cable with RCA or optical connectors. (Only chat audio will be enabled through the Stereo Headset Adapter. For RCA/optical connectors [game audio], follow the

◦An Xbox 360 Wired Headset with a 2.5-mm audio cable. Connect to the Stereo Headset Adapter by using the 2.5-mm-to-3.5mm adapter that’s included with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

As far as suggestions, that is a little harder for me to do. I am a huge gamer on console and PC and I strongly recommend Steelseries headsets, however, if you are an audiophile or use them for more multimedia related things, someone may be able to suggest
    a better headset/headphones.
  6. TobyHoover Win User

Will The Turtle Beach X32 Be Compatible with the new Xbox One Headset Adapter?

If you do not have the RCA out, the only way this would work is if the Headset uses the Optical Out of the ONE

To get in to details Turtle Beach Says: Please note that you will need to connect this headset to the stereo outputs from your TV or audio receiver for game audio and use the Kinect® for game chat with Xbox One.

www.turtlebeach.com/.../58

Microsoft Says:

A headset with chat audio provided by a 3.5-mm audio cable and game audio provided by a separate cable with RCA or optical connectors. (Only chat audio will be enabled through the Stereo Headset Adapter. For RCA/optical connectors [game audio], follow the

An Xbox 360 Wired Headset with a 2.5-mm audio cable. Connect to the Stereo Headset Adapter by using the 2.5-mm-to-3.5mm adapter that’s included with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

7. TobyHoover Win User

Headset ?

To answer your question yes, but please read the whole post: Turtle Beach said:

Please note that you will need to connect this headset to the stereo outputs from your TV or audio receiver for game audio and use the Kinect® for game chat with Xbox One.

www.turtlebeach.com/.../344

Microsoft says:

See:
  8. FearedNightmare Win User

Need help with lagging/hacking sound on my headset

Hello, I got this from the stereo headset support page
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/stereo-headset-set-up-troubleshoot#97a11841b62c4433bb7f4d44ac146d0a

I also hear audio through my TV

The Stereo Headset Adapter doesn’t know if you’re using your headset just for chat or for all audio, so TV audio is not automatically muted when you’re using the adapter. You must manually adjust your TV audio volume
    Also have you updated your controller and the headset adapter ?
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter
  9. Mister Beep Win User

Stereo Headset Adapter as Audio Source only

Hey there beni spller!

With the Stereo Headset Adapter for Xbox One, most headphones with a 3.5mm headphone jack will play game audio! :)

For all of the detailed information, check out the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter page!
Thema:

1. Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter audio problems - Similar Threads - Stereo Headset Adapter

2. STEREO HEADSET ADAPTER DOESNT WORK ON MY CONTROLLER

in XBoX on Consoles
    STEREO HEADSET ADAPTER DOESNT WORK ON MY CONTROLLER: I bought this brand new Turtle beach earforce stereo adapter for xbox one (I have a day one controller) . When i plug it in all it does is give a continous ear piercing sound. When i press any...
  3. Stereo headset adapter stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stereo headset adapter stopped working: It was working fine last night but now it wont come on at all. the light flashed on it a couple times but nothing else happened. I've already tried a controller update and a hard reset and those...
  4. XBOX HEADSET STEREO ADAPTER

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    XBOX HEADSET STEREO ADAPTER: I am, furious with Microsoft. I went through 5 chat support sessions just trying to buy 1 Xbox one headset adapter, because they’re out of stock. And what do their support team tell me to do. Buy...
  5. Xbox one Stereo Headset adapter quit working ob me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Stereo Headset adapter quit working ob me: I got the xbox one wireless stereo headset and had no problem using hooking it up and using it for about the first 3 months. Then one day it just quit working none could hear me at all. I have...
  6. Stereo headset adapter integrated with Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stereo headset adapter integrated with Bluetooth: It will be nice to have a Stereo audio adapter integrate with a Bluetooth so you can connect a wide variety of Bluetooth devices to it and control the devices through Xbox settings like if you...
  7. Mic not working when I use the stereo headset adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not working when I use the stereo headset adapter: When I plug in my stereo headset adapter to my wireless controller my friends in the party can’t here me even though I use the apple head phones with it. I’m really confused I also tryed keeping...
  8. HDCP content and Stereo Headset Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDCP content and Stereo Headset Adapter: I just bought the Stereo Headset Adapter for my Xbox One. I love it, since the only time I get to play is while my kids are asleep, and it frees me from constantly having to tweak the volume on...
  9. Xbox One S and Official Stereo Headset Adapter not recognized

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S and Official Stereo Headset Adapter not recognized: I recently purchased the official Xbox Stereo Headset Adapter for my Xbox One S. I was looking forward to managing the volume and mute buttons on the controller instead of through the awkward...
  10. No party chat, using headset with Stereo Headset Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    No party chat, using headset with Stereo Headset Adapter: I've been using a Turtle Beach headset for Xbox 360 for the Xbox One via a Stereo Headset Adapter. Recently I helped someone configure the same setup that I had by taking mine apart and showing...