Xbox one switches on but then shuts down

Discus and support Xbox one switches on but then shuts down in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Please can someone help xbox one switches on then off again what causes this? a4b41896-5a76-4f19-bd93-af3368952c1b Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LiezlRogers, Oct 20, 2019.

1. LiezlRogers
    LiezlRogers Guest

Please can someone help xbox one switches on then off again what causes this?

:)

LiezlRogers, Oct 20, 2019
  2. T3chnlgydude Win User

3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Liezl,

Thanks for coming to the forums. There could be a few causes to this issue. One is the console is overheating. Be sure to check out he guide for

ventilation
    . Other could be an update issue where the OS is corrupt a factory reset can help with this. We recommend trying the

soft factory reset
    . If the console will not stay on long enough to get to settings can try step 4 in the

offline update
    for the troubleshooter.

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    3. Press and hold the BIND button (located below the Xbox button on the console) and the
      EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the
      Xbox button on the console.
      Note The Xbox One S All-Digital Edition does not have an
      EJECT
      button. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the
      BIND button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button
    4. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
      BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.
    Hope this helps.

Brad
  4. Malacath Win User

Strict NAT - is it me or is it live?

@Anthony nolan

Try doing a full shut down of the xbox. Press and hold the power button for about 5-10secs until the console shuts down.

Once console has fully shut down and the light on the power brick is orange disconnect the power

Next unplug your router and wait a minute before switching back on.

Once router has fully booted up and connected to the internet switch the xbox one back on and check the NAT. If it's still strict do the multiplayer test trick I mentioned earlier.
  5. robnyack Win User

Finally picked up the xbox one

One of the odd things about the one..... you really don't shut down games and apps.... you just switch
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox One turning off when switching between applications

Hi, it is a known issue, and the Xbox team are working on it. For now it's best to quit the application or game before switching to another one. That will stop the console from shutting down.
Thema:

1. Xbox one switches on but then shuts down - Similar Threads - switches shuts down

2. Via the streaming app it allows me to stream my xbox games but when I try and switch it to...

in XboX Insiders
    Via the streaming app it allows me to stream my xbox games but when I try and switch it to...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Coast_Legal [link] [comments]
  3. Via the streaming app it allows me to stream my xbox games but when I try and switch it to...

in XboX Insiders
    Via the streaming app it allows me to stream my xbox games but when I try and switch it to...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Coast_Legal [link] [comments]
  4. Switching to delta - risks and implications

in XboX Insiders
    Switching to delta - risks and implications: So im finally able to switch to delta, which means new UI time!!! What are the risks of console breaking bugs submitted by /u/Josephoidy20 [link] [comments]
  5. Home xbox switches

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home xbox switches: Do to the whole Xbox one X acting up the last bit... I have ran out of switches... went and borrowed a Xbox S from my daughters and when i went to transfer my profile over to it to start...
  6. Is it possible to switch an xbox gamepass subscription to another account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to switch an xbox gamepass subscription to another account?: I redeemed a three month xbox gamepass code this morning and only after using it, realised I put it onto my school microsoft account which I was using for online school on this computer. This...
  7. Nintendo Switch Microsoft Account Login Fails

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Nintendo Switch Microsoft Account Login Fails: Hi all, So I'm here at Microsoft Forums because Mojang support said I needed to contact Xbox support but I can't for the life of me get to a person. Anyway, my issue is that my daughter is...
  8. Switching Organizer to Member?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching Organizer to Member?: I have found myself playing a bit too much during the week and would like to use parental controls to limit my own screen time. It's become a huge pain changing such a simple setting. I added...
  9. My switch disappear?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My switch disappear?: So i ran out of switches, so i noticed i could take a survey for one more. I did the survey and try to make my home xbox but it just keep giving me an error so, i restarted my console came back to...
  10. Can I have one more home switch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I have one more home switch: Need one more switch please d1caeeb8-4fa8-4561-a51a-e8e0ed5c1841