Xbox one switches on but then shuts down

Discus and support Xbox one switches on but then shuts down in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Please can someone help xbox one switches on then off again what causes this? a4b41896-5a76-4f19-bd93-af3368952c1b Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LiezlRogers, Oct 20, 2019.

1. LiezlRogers
    LiezlRogers Guest

Please can someone help xbox one switches on then off again what causes this?

:)

LiezlRogers, Oct 20, 2019
  2. T3chnlgydude Win User

3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Liezl,

Thanks for coming to the forums. There could be a few causes to this issue. One is the console is overheating. Be sure to check out he guide for

ventilation
    . Other could be an update issue where the OS is corrupt a factory reset can help with this. We recommend trying the

soft factory reset
    . If the console will not stay on long enough to get to settings can try step 4 in the

offline update
    for the troubleshooter.

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    3. Press and hold the BIND button (located below the Xbox button on the console) and the
      EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the
      Xbox button on the console.
      Note The Xbox One S All-Digital Edition does not have an
      EJECT
      button. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the
      BIND button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button
    4. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
      BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.
    Hope this helps.

Brad
  4. Malacath Win User

Strict NAT - is it me or is it live?

@Anthony nolan

Try doing a full shut down of the xbox. Press and hold the power button for about 5-10secs until the console shuts down.

Once console has fully shut down and the light on the power brick is orange disconnect the power

Next unplug your router and wait a minute before switching back on.

Once router has fully booted up and connected to the internet switch the xbox one back on and check the NAT. If it's still strict do the multiplayer test trick I mentioned earlier.
  5. robnyack Win User

Finally picked up the xbox one

One of the odd things about the one..... you really don't shut down games and apps.... you just switch
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox One turning off when switching between applications

Hi, it is a known issue, and the Xbox team are working on it. For now it's best to quit the application or game before switching to another one. That will stop the console from shutting down.
Thema:

1. Xbox one switches on but then shuts down - Similar Threads - switches shuts down

2. I found that the switch key of the second generation elite handle configuration cannot be...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I found that the switch key of the second generation elite handle configuration cannot be...: I found that the switch key of the second generation elite handle configuration cannot be customized. It would be nice if you could customize it, you can quickly switch the configuration. I hope...
  3. [翻译] I found that the configuration switch key could not be customized. It would be nice...

in XBoX on Consoles
    [翻译] I found that the configuration switch key could not be customized. It would be nice...: [翻译] I found that the configuration switch key could not be customized. It would be nice if it could be customized, and the configuration could be quickly switched. I hope this function can be...
  4. Can I switch over data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I switch over data?: Hi, So my brother has been using my account until he was old enough to make is own. Is it possible for him to make an account and transfer all his data, games and achievements or will he have...
  5. Minecraft switch issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft switch issues: In the most recent update, 1.13, it has become impossible to log in to the Microsoft account on Switch and when you go to login again at remote connect, nothing happens! Please fix this as I have...
  6. Dolby Atmos Upmixing switch

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos Upmixing switch: It seems a bunch of people across all insider levels have upmixing available as a switch , care to share your geo and rings? submitted by /u/ThomasJohann [link] [comments]
  7. Nat Type Switched From Moderate To Strict... Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Nat Type Switched From Moderate To Strict... Why?: Hi. When my XBox usually shows my NAT type, it is set as 'moderate', as I do not use PnP. Today its showing as 'Strict'. I noticed the change as I was in a COD:MW game and could not get my...
  8. Atmos switching to Sonic

in XboX Insiders
    Atmos switching to Sonic: Noticed there was a shift in sound while on the dashboard. Checked my audio settings and noticed that Sonic was enabled and not Atmos. I had not changed this setting. Changing back to Atmos and...
  9. Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Switch: Whenever i get off minecraft switch edition, i get back on hours later and it keeps logging me off. Any solutions? 98aabc0d-583d-4d28-b9c9-1ff006b4edf3
  10. Minecraft: Bedrock Edition for Switch/Phone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft: Bedrock Edition for Switch/Phone: How do I move my purchases from my phone Minecraft (A.K.A Google Purchases) to my Switch Minecraft? 85df30d4-ebe7-416d-89ab-3c55b039ed2d