XBox One Tiles Not Avialable When No Internet... STILL

Discus and support XBox One Tiles Not Avialable When No Internet... STILL in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; First, I apologize for not putting this with the first thread I started on it. That thread was locked with a message that my original information was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HyJax LTD, Sep 3, 2019.

1. HyJax LTD
    HyJax LTD Guest

First, I apologize for not putting this with the first thread I started on it. That thread was locked with a message that my original information was not detailed enough. It had all relevant information in it as well yet some mod just decided to lock it
    even though others were also noticing the same issue.

So... here I go again with as much detail as I can offer:

When my Xbox loses internet or Xbox Live connectivity then none of my tiles work and I am not able to even get to my games. This happened yesterday, to the most extreme so far, when the Xbox Live Core service went offline (see pics). Some of the times
    it will give us the tiles for the most recent row (as it did this time) and other times there wont even be that... just the top section and then the default XBL tiles that show up when you just have a blank profile setup.

In checking things to see what might be the cause as to why I could not play ANY games (even the most recent that was showing would not start) on my console until I got it to connect with XBL. My Netflix wouldn't even load and would give the error showing
    in Pic 1 (which would also get when I would restart and the HOME menu would appear).

What I have done to repeat the issue:

1- Restarted the console with no effect.

2- Power-cycled the console by holding the Xbox button for 10 seconds until it shut off completely, removed power source for 1 minute, plugged back in and turned on.

3- Unplugged my router from the internet and the console continued with the same issues.

4- Turned off the router all together and re-started the console and this time my tiles and groups came back and I was even able to view the section for 'My games and apps'

5- Plugged router back in without internet and it went back to not allowing me to access any games or start the game in my most recent list.

6- Plugged internet back in to router and restarted console but no effect. Still un able to use ANY content regardless of it being local play only or not.

7- Power cycled Xbox again and this time it came back up with my tiles and groups and I was able to start using content again.

I now understand the complaints of others wanting refunds when XBL goes down saying they cant even use their Xbox... BECAUSE WE CANT! Nothing... no games, no apps, NADA! As I read through the tweets and comments on DownDetector it became obvious that this
    is an issue happening to many folks yet being ignored or played off because it sounds silly that we cant use
    ANY of our content (local or not) or whatever other reasoning.

There is a serious issue being ignored as threads get locked because of someone deciding we aren't giving more info without actually telling us what more we do need. It seems to act like we have all our content on-line with nothing locally installed. It
    is somewhat difficult to repeat but then I got lucky through my steps somehow. It acts like are content is all remote when it occurs, even being able to access what games/apps we even have installed.

OS Version: 10.0.18362.6065 (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1908.190807-1720)

Xbox One Original Console (Not Slim or XB1 X)

Games/Apps Affected: ALL

XBox One Tiles Not Avialable When No Internet... STILL [​IMG]

Code:
    [i]***To any MODS. Please dont lock this thread simply because you might not understand it or think there is info we can give that we haven't or that we just dont know what we are doing on our systems. 
    That is not fair. To me... To Others... Or to Microsoft when we take this complaint to social avenues because of it being unduly locked. If you decide this needs more information, tell us what info you think we are missing and leave the thread as some
    of us have working lives and dont always get the chance to come back every day. Thank you!***[/i]
    :)

HyJax LTD, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Lunatic LK47 Win User

If they are Digital Purchases it needs to communicate online, you can not play them offline
    This is incorrect. Once I get the issue to stop happening, all my games become playable. Just offfline. No online play.

If you are using your HOME Xbox then your digital purchases have a 'stamp' on them that lets the system know they are able to be played even if OFFLINE.

How do you exactly get to stop the problem when your internet service is out (My console has been set to Home ever since I received the damn thing)? I should be forced to unplug my ethernet cable on EVERY single occurrence? Hate to say it, but how Microsoft
    designed it is completely ****
  3. HyJax LTD Win User

What @StuartATrueARed said pretty much covers it, but I would want to add that there is a difference between loss of internet, using the Xbox Offline, and Xbox Live Services going down. It's possible that even if you have internet, that if services are
    down, and it is at a point where it needs to authenticate your account or the game/purchase, it's possible that it still wouldn't let you play due to that outage.

I, personally, am also not a fan of that system, but that's the way it is right now, and best you can hope is to make your voice heard and let others support your ideas posting somewhere in hoping it changes next cycle. The first 100,000 or so Gamerscore
    I got on my Xbox 360 was when I was deployed to Iraq, where I didn't have any internet service for 90% of the time, meaning that I would never have been able to play an Xbox One and form bonds over Halo 3 like I did on my Xbox 360. Realizing that potential
    is lost for others that might be in a similar situation to what I was in makes me a bit sad, but there are alternatives for them, such as the Nintendo Switch, would be great and fill that space, but I do love getting achievements, so it's not a perfect solution.

I would like to see the offline functionality improve as well.
    Although this isn't quite answering the issue, it does cover quite a bit. It also had me realize that, of course, I will get the error shown in the first pic when I tried to start Netflix as there was no internet but doesn't address why it was coming up
    as soon as my Xbox started up. I dont get that message when I just turn off the router and most the times I can also play my games.

Anyhow, I dont think it is an Xbox issue or it would be more repeatable through steps with the console or my own internet yet this is random. It seems something else is occurring, and I will be honest it seems something illicit that perhaps isn't being studied
    enough or those saying it is happening are being blown off as 'not knowing what we are doing'.

So... as I cant mark any reply as an answer I will give you Kudos for addressing something close to what most likely is the answer and just waiting for someone with more equipment than I have to show it.

Oorah and Semper Fi!
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

It's usually caused by a couple of reasons.

1. Your Home Xbox is not set as your console. If it isn't, that is one reason you cannot play your games while offline.

2. You haven't put your console in offline only mode.

To make your console the home xbox, follow the instructions on here
    https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

To put console in offline mode, have a look here
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/using-xbox-one-offline

Also if you cannot make the console go offline, pulling the network cable out (if wired) or turning off the internet can help (if wireless).
  5. Jurgen1488 Win User

Hello.

For digital games you need internet connection everytime. For games on disc you not need internet.
  6. HyJax LTD Win User

1. Your Home Xbox is not set as your console. If it isn't, that is one reason you cannot play your games while offline.

2. You haven't put your console in offline only mode.
    Okay... so that is the fix for when it happens, but we aren't covering WHY it is happening.

If my Xbox is set to HOME and I dont have internet, the system should recognize this and go into OFFLINE mode. Also, it isn't addressing why I can get work arounds that are not the options above to get it working.

I cannot mark this as the answer as it is not addressing the actual question... 'why'. Nor does it cover the sometimes randomness of it and why the steps I can take can get it to start working correctly.
Thema:

1. XBox One Tiles Not Avialable When No Internet... STILL - Similar Threads - Tiles Avialable Internet

2. Xbox mobile app (v.1909 Google Play) not displaying tile images

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mobile app (v.1909 Google Play) not displaying tile images: [IMG] submitted by /u/Leo_Ascendent [link] [comments]
  3. Tiles have no images? Data, wifi, nada

in XboX Insiders
    Tiles have no images? Data, wifi, nada: [IMG] submitted by /u/Leo_Ascendent [link] [comments]
  4. Settings app won’t load on my Xbox one s. Furthermore the app tiles won’t load either.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Settings app won’t load on my Xbox one s. Furthermore the app tiles won’t load either.: Yes i have done a power cycle yes i have done a system cycle no my network isint having problems (i have and xbox one and and xbox one x both on the same network and am not experiencing issues...
  5. Xbox S not displaying preview tiles/images using BT Internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox S not displaying preview tiles/images using BT Internet: I am experiencing this issue with the XBox S on the dashboard and I'm using BT internet with Home Hub 5. I believe this is a known issue as on a previous older thread, there was this link:...
  6. After Beta ring update on 6/30 many of my games lost the picture for their game tile.

in XboX Insiders
    After Beta ring update on 6/30 many of my games lost the picture for their game tile.: After the 6/30 beta ring update several of my games lost their picture tile and have become blank blue tiles. Redownloading fixed a few, some never came back. Has anybody seen this or have a fix...
  7. Store unable to load individual game/app tiles

in XboX Insiders
    Store unable to load individual game/app tiles: [IMG] submitted by /u/Spectre696 [link] [comments]
  8. Game tiles in ready to install greyed out and won't download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game tiles in ready to install greyed out and won't download.: I bought a bundle of battlefield hardline and battlefield 4. Hardline has an icon and full cover art inside my ready to install list, battlefield 4 has a greyed out box with the xbox logo. I am on...
  9. XBox One Tiles Not Avialable When No Internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Tiles Not Avialable When No Internet: Split from this thread. Yeah, same here like my Home Dashboard icons light up but when i go to those sections it says Xbox Lice connection required. And my tiles do light up with what evers on...
  10. XBox One Tiles Not Avialable When No Internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Tiles Not Avialable When No Internet: Hey, I have been experiencing some internet issues and for some reasons when it happens I cannot access any of my tiles. When I get the internet back up the tiles are then available. Is my...