Xbox one to xbox 360 party chat compatibility

Discus and support Xbox one to xbox 360 party chat compatibility in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hello sir or miss if you are reading this i would like to recommend something for the Xbox one compatibility its nice that we can play Xbox 360 games... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Yellowbelt421, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Xbox one to xbox 360 party chat compatibility

Hello sir or miss if you are reading this i would like to recommend something for the Xbox one compatibility its nice that we can play Xbox 360 games alone or with a friend but it would be nice to be able to have a Xbox live party while you play i know that
    will be hard but it would be amazing because once i heard that you could play i wanted to sell my 360 to get an Xbox one but now ill only be able to talk to them through Skype or something else so if you guys can work even harder i know that lots of customers
    will be happy especially my friends because they have been struggling with the same problem as me thank you so much for reading this have a wonderful day sir or miss

:)

Yellowbelt421, Jul 17, 2015
  2. Xbox One and 360 communications

With backwards compatibility Xbox One will play 360 games on a 360 server, but can we also chat in a party with 360 games on our Xbox One

Johnathan0506, Jul 17, 2015
  3. KN1GHTMARE
    KN1GHTMARE Guest
    Xbox Live on Xbox One and Xbox 360

No. That was confirmed already. Not even party chat because of the difference in codec. Also confirmed. The source article is also posted somewhere in the forums.

KN1GHTMARE, Jul 17, 2015
  4. ZyNLeX
    ZyNLeX Guest

Hello,

Yes, I agree with you and so do many other people.

You can vote on the feature here via the
    Xbox Feedback
    site.

Phil Spencer also commented about it on twitter, saying they are working on it across Xbox One and Windows 10:
    Link

ZyNLeX, Jul 17, 2015
  5. Bazajaytee Win User

xbox one and joining a party

Xbox One and Xbox 360 party systems are not compatible with each other. You can only join other Xbox One players in party chat.

You can chat with Xbox 360 friends using Skype though.
  6. WoolDock4 Win User

Cross game chat Xbox 360 with Xbox One.?

7. XBF Erick C Win User

Cross compatibility xbox one/360

Hey there NicoleVacca,

As long as the game is backwards compatible you should be able to play with your friend even if he is on the Xbox One and you are on the Xbox 360. Unfortunately you would not be able to actually join each other through a party chat being that you are playing
    on different platforms. The Xbox One party chat would only work with other Xbox one consoles and same for the Xbox 360.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility FAQ

One thing you can always do to bypass this is to download the Xbox app through your mobile device and start a party through that with your friend through the app.

I hope this helps.
  8. Zaro Moramee Win User

Astro A50's not working in party chat or game chat on Backwards Compatible games

Does the headset work on Xbox One Party chat (i.e. do you see a circle around your gamerpic in the party chat on Xbox One)?

Are only Backwards compatible games affected? If so, it might be that the Astro A50 base station acts as a USB microphone, which doesn't work as Chat microphone on the Xbox 360.

You might have to contact the Astro A50 support for information on how to use that headset on backwards compatible titles.
    Yeah it works on the Xbox One party chat but yeah that's what i was thinking i might just have to get a old Xbox One chat headset for it to work.
  9. ArminatorX Win User

Astro A50's not working in party chat or game chat on Backwards Compatible games

Does the headset work on Xbox One Party chat (i.e. do you see a circle around your gamerpic in the party chat on Xbox One)?

Are only Backwards compatible games affected? If so, it might be that the Astro A50 base station acts as a USB microphone, which doesn't work as Chat microphone on the Xbox 360.

You might have to contact the Astro A50 support for information on how to use that headset on backwards compatible titles.
Thema:

1. Xbox one to xbox 360 party chat compatibility - Similar Threads - 360 party chat

2. Xbox 360 Minecraft. 16+ Girl gamers. Must have mic for party chat. Drama Free/Mature

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Minecraft. 16+ Girl gamers. Must have mic for party chat. Drama Free/Mature: Too many guy friends for my server, have a couple girls that play, just slimmed my list last night. All I ask is I just started this survival server 2 days ago, ive played on pc, ps3, an now on x...
  3. XBOX 360 CHAT HEADSET ON XBOX ONE WITH 3RD PARTY ADAPTER?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 CHAT HEADSET ON XBOX ONE WITH 3RD PARTY ADAPTER?: Does anyone know if the xbox 360 official chat headset would work on xbox one with a third party 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter. ea83d2e1-afc0-484a-ab15-729bc105219b
  4. Unable to join Parties, and Private Chat - Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to join Parties, and Private Chat - Xbox 360: Alot of people are having a issue with joining xbox live parties; When is this issue going to be fixed? This is getting absurd for us users who pay money for "GOLD" when we can't even party, or...
  5. Whats is up with the xbox 360 no private chat or party chat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whats is up with the xbox 360 no private chat or party chat?: Recently we are not able to connect with party chat but xbox one we can. The problem is we have family across the country that are not able to go to xbox one yet. This is wrong if you pushing...
  6. Xbox 360 party and chat issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 party and chat issue: Joining party's and accepting invites For the past week of me playing on Xbox 360 every time me or my friends accept an invite to a private chat it says there is a problem while trying to join...
  7. can't connect to Xbox live party chat for Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't connect to Xbox live party chat for Xbox 360: i have reset my router, unplugged the power cord, cleared the system cache, deleted and redownloaded my profile, cleared my IP, and deleted and redownloaded the Xbox live update and still can't...
  8. Cant use party chat with microphone after update on Xbox 1 for 360 games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant use party chat with microphone after update on Xbox 1 for 360 games.: Microphone not working after taking the update for playing 360 games on Xbox 1. I keep getting error message 0x89231806 that says go to network settings, well nothing there, shows network is fine...
  9. Xbox 360 wired headset works with messaging and private chat but not in game or live party.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired headset works with messaging and private chat but not in game or live party.: Hi, I have not long bought a new Xbox 360 (2013 version). When playing Forza Horizon on Multiplayer, I found that no body could hear what I was saying through my headset, yet it was not muted....
  10. Private and Party Chat does not work after latest 360 update (asumption)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Private and Party Chat does not work after latest 360 update (asumption): After the latest xbox 360 update I can't connect to or invite others to party chat (not possible at this time try later). Its the same for private chat. Only game chat works (TW14). Any solution...