xbox one transfer via firewire to xbox one s

Discus and support xbox one transfer via firewire to xbox one s in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I want to transfer game data etc. from xbox one to xbox one s. I am currently using network transfer over wireless which is very slow. Both consoles... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JonGregory3, Aug 27, 2019.

1. JonGregory3
    JonGregory3 Guest

I want to transfer game data etc. from xbox one to xbox one s. I am currently using network transfer over wireless which is very slow. Both consoles have a port for firewire connection. Can I connect the xbox one directly to the xbox one s to facilitate
    what I hope is a faster transfer?

:)

JonGregory3, Aug 27, 2019
  2. JonGregory3 Win User

Thank you HackingSpartan8. I am new to the community, and am not sure I got your complete answer to my question. So perhaps this will help me clarify your answer-just reply yes or no if you don't mind-can I use the firewire between the two consoles or
    not?
  3. ArminatorX Win User

If you mean an
    Ethernet port that looks like this
    , then you can transfer games with speeds up to 1000Mbit/sec, if your network allows for that, which might be faster than WiFi (which usually has between 50-300 Mbit/sec).

The Xbox One does not have
    Firewire ports, which look like this

You might mistake the
    Kinect Port on the original Xbox One
    for Firewire. Or the multiple USB Ports on the console.

Other than that, the only way to transfer games between consoles would be the network transfer either via WiFi or Ethernet cable, or by copying the desired games to an external USB3.0 compliant hard drive, and moving that to the other console.
  4. ngocphi Win User

U.m. xbox nor sony have firewire ports

They use usb only
  5. HackingSpartan8 Win User

6. HackingSpartan8 Win User

No, the only way to transfer files between two Xbox's is by doing a network transfer or by using an external HDD.
Thema:

1. xbox one transfer via firewire to xbox one s - Similar Threads - transfer via firewire

2. Downloading a Game via XBoxLive from one PC, saving it to a HDD and transfering it to another ...

in XBoX on Windows
    Downloading a Game via XBoxLive from one PC, saving it to a HDD and transfering it to another ...: Ladies and Gentlemen, I am living in a student accommodation and we have a monthly internet data limit of 70 GB and it is already hard to get on with it without huge Game Downloads....
  3. Bedrock to Bedrock transfer via Minecraft Realms "stalls" during replace world/upload attempt.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bedrock to Bedrock transfer via Minecraft Realms "stalls" during replace world/upload attempt.: I have a world on my Kindle Fire copy of Minecraft Bedrock and want to use Realms to transfer it to my Nintendo Switch copy of Minecraft Bedrock. When I go to use the replace world option the...
  4. Unknown Error. Bedrock to Bedrock transfer via Realms "stalls" during replace world/upload ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unknown Error. Bedrock to Bedrock transfer via Realms "stalls" during replace world/upload ...: I have a world on my Kindle Fire copy of Minecraft Bedrock. I want to upload that world to Realms so I can download it onto my Nintendo Switch copy of Minecraft Bedrock. Whenever I try to use the...
  5. Sharing games via network transfer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sharing games via network transfer?: sorry if this was mentioned but couldn't find.exact answer. If i copy games via network transfer to another console in the same household/Network are the games playable at the same time? Or do...
  6. Can you transfer saves from Xbox 360 to Xbox One via USB?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you transfer saves from Xbox 360 to Xbox One via USB?: I'm finally upgrading to the Xbox One console and was wondering about this. Can I use a flash drive to move my saves from my 360 to the new console? 5ba6b6ed-3f04-4607-86e7-2c536d5b0aaf
  7. Cant access map packs for bo1 xb1 via license transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant access map packs for bo1 xb1 via license transfer: Cant access map packs for bo1 xb1 via license transfer can you fix this please 09fe6394-6ba7-47fb-beac-b272202823fe
  8. Transfer games and data via my network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer games and data via my network: I have recently bought a second XBox One S and have successfully transferred most of the games and data via my home network (wired ~ 270GB). However, Forza Horizon 3 stops after ~3.65GB and Halo...
  9. Transferring profile to new xbox via usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transferring profile to new xbox via usb: My brother and i recently got a new xbox, the old one is going into my room and the new one into his, but both of our accounts are on the old xbox. We of course don't want to lose any save data,...
  10. Can you transfer saves from Xbox 360 to Xbox One via USB?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you transfer saves from Xbox 360 to Xbox One via USB?: I'm finally upgrading to the Xbox One console and was wondering about this. Can I use a flash drive to move my saves from my 360 to the new console? 434f1e28-f818-4f0c-90d8-7d08745e060b