Xbox one turns itself on

Discus and support Xbox one turns itself on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I've had this problem for a while now. My xbox would turn on on its own. My xbox would do that even if there's nobody home or during the night. My... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Thik79, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Thik79
    Thik79 Guest

Xbox one turns itself on

Hi,

I've had this problem for a while now. My xbox would turn on on its own. My xbox would do that even if there's nobody home or during the night. My xbox used to start alone one or two times a day, now its more like nine or ten times a day. So my xbox one
    is plug to the wall directly, it as a kinect and an external drive connect to it and it connects to my tv (which doesn't have a HDMI-CEC option).

I tried a few things I found on forums but nothing worked so far. Here is a list of what I tried:

- I cleaned the xbox logo.

- I disabled the "Wake up xbox by saying Hey Cortana, Xbox on."

- I disabled the automatic update. (But I check manually for update every week.)

- I removed all the batteries from all my controllers.

- I changed the power mode from "Instant-on" to "Energy-saving".

- I plugged it in another power outlet.

- I did a full power off of my xbox.

Can anybody help me with that problem? Its getting annoying to hear the sound the xbox make everytime it turns on and I can't leave it unplugged because the plug is behind the tv stand (i can't access it easily).

Thank you!

:)

Thik79, Nov 18, 2018
  2. nr96
    nr96 Guest
    Xbox One Turns Itself On

My Day One console keeps turning on by itself at random times. I do leave the kinect connected and have it on quick start up and have it set up to turn on my tv when its on. It usually happens in the middle of the night when im asleep which frustrates me
    because i am a light sleeper and wake up early so i dont appreciate seeing my bright tv screen light up at 2am every morning then again at 4am. My room is dead quite and have even been awake when it has gone on randomly so i know for a fact its not hearing
    an Xbox On command. I know i could just unplug the power supply but i will forget to plug it back in and dont really want to do that since i use it almost every day for netflix. It has been doing this for a couple of weeks and is really beginning to get on
    my nerves so can anyone help me understand why it keeps turning itself on and how i could fix it (preferably without unplugging anything or taking of tv commands).

3. Xbox one turns on itself??

Thanks for your reply so you mean that another device like my router for example may cause this problem. I can also tell you that this issue does when I turn on the current of my multimum adapter for the first time. Then, when I manually turn off my console,
    it does not turn on anymore.

LuigiGiorgetti, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Ackis
    Ackis Guest

Xbox one turns itself on

Do you have a friend with an XB1 that you can try their power supply out? Unless you have the S or X.

Ackis, Nov 18, 2018
  5. XBF Amber M
    XBF Amber M Guest
    Hi Thik79,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this issue. It seems you've done an awful lot of troubleshooting already, but I did notice that you said you have an external drive connected to your console, which may be the culprit that keeps turning your console on.
    If you haven't already adjusted the power mode settings for that particular storage device, here are the steps to follow to do so:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Power & startup >
      Power mode & startup.
    3. Select the option When Xbox is off, turn off storage.
    4. Restart your Xbox to ensure that the selection is recognized.
    I hope that this helps out and please let us know the results!

XBF Amber M, Nov 18, 2018
  6. Thik79
    Thik79 Guest
    I will try it and see what happens, thanks!

Thik79, Nov 18, 2018
  7. Thik79
    Thik79 Guest
    Hi,

I tried to change that setting, but I don't find the option "When Xbox is off, turn off storage". I followed your steps but the option just isn't there... Is that normal? What I have
    is a Seagate Game drive, I don't know if that helps...

Thanks!

Thik79, Nov 18, 2018
  8. XBF Amber M
    XBF Amber M Guest

Xbox one turns itself on

Hi Thik79,

Thanks for replying so quickly and keeping us updated. The option "When Xbox is off, turn
    off storage" is located in your Settings under Power & Startup. It is located on the right hand side of the screen in the 3rd column, the same area where you would have the Power Mode selection. There is a check box located next to it that
    you can check to enable it.

Hope this helps!

XBF Amber M, Nov 18, 2018
  9. It could potentially be the power brick, try to use another one for a test, if you can.

Gamingboy177 (Sam), Nov 18, 2018
  10. Thik79
    Thik79 Guest
    Hi XBF Amber M,

Like I said before this option jut doesn't exist for me. Here is a picture to show you.

Xbox one turns itself on [​IMG]

Is it normal that I don't have this third colomn?

I changed my power supply totay with somebody else's to see if that changes anything.

Thanks.

Thik79, Nov 19, 2018
  11. Hey there Thik79,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with power settings for the Xbox console. In reference to your question, try checking to see if you console is up to date. Check out this article:

About system updates on Xbox One

Keep us posted with your current test with another power supply. Hope this helps.

XBF Crystal P, Nov 19, 2018
  12. XBF Javier R
    XBF Javier R Guest
    Hello Thik,

Our suggestion for not being able to see the 3rd column is simple, the console is currently set to Energy Saving, the 3rd column will appear when set to
    Instant On.

Another inquiry here, is there currently an external hard drive connected to the console, or is the console using only the internal it came with as this may be another reason for this 3rd column not appearing.

Some other suggestions we have are as follows:

• Some TV sets when turning on will also turn the console on due to the HDMI-CEC connection
    • If the console has dust or any other bits surrounding it, the console will detect this and begin turning on the console due to a static recognition
    • In some cases, this may be related to the controller, attempt to remove the batteries from the controller to see if the console still turns on by itself

Try the suggested options and let us know what worked, or if further assistance is needed.

Best wishes!

XBF Javier R, Nov 19, 2018
  13. Thik79
    Thik79 Guest

Xbox one turns itself on

Hi,

First, my xbox is up to date. I check every time I open it. Second, thank for explaining the third column. My xbox as always been on Energy Saving so I had never seen it. Third, like I said in my first post, I have an external drive, that's why someone told
    me to change a setting in the third column. Finally, like i said in my first post, my TV doesn't have a HDMI-CEC connection, i already clean my xbox and I also already tried removing the batteries from all my controllers. Doing all that didn't change a thing.
    I tried a bunch of things already, everything is listed in my first post.

I will keep you up to date about the other power supply I'm trying.

Thanks

Thik79, Nov 19, 2018
  14. Hey there Thik!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this kind of issue. I can totally understand how that could be frustrating. I see that you've done a good amount of troubleshooting already but I was gonna say if you haven't yet for you to try a soft reset.
    It's a reset of your console back to factory settings but one that does not uninstall any of your games or apps and is a really good troubleshooting step for most issues.

Just make sure that before you go ahead with it, that you do know all of the sign-in information for any/all of your accounts(asthey
    will be removed) and have easy access to your internet network.

Also make sure that you select the option denoted
    reset and keep my games and apps.

Follow the steps here on
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    and let us know how that helps with the issue

Thanks

XBF Esteban R, Nov 6, 2018
  15. DHG Valiance Win User

XBOX ONE Turned on by itself.

If you have the Xbox set to instant on mode, and if it's not turning your TV on, it might just be your Xbox checking for and/or downloading the available updates. It checks for and installs them nightly if available.
  16. Luke Nite Win User

Xbox one turns itself on

My xbox one also turns on at seemingly random times. It did it this morning while I was still in bed and last night while I was on a different floor of the house. No schedule that I can tell. Two changes that happened recently the fall update and I changed
    to energy saving setting.
  17. Mister Maka Win User

Xbox one turning on by itself.

Hey there there FranticMarker77!

Do you have any USB devices plugged into the console that you can remove to see if there's any change? Also, if you're plugged into a surge protector, try bypassing that and plug directly into a wall outlet to see if there's any change.
  18. abbjj Win User

Xbox One Turns Itself On

Came home from work and it was on. I did not touch it at all today. I have no idea how long it was on.
  19. REK 1 Win User

Xbox One turns on by itself

try to clean the front panel - power and eject areas with damp soft tissue, also make sure it is not close to things that can cause interference, like if console is next cell phone , house phone, audio receiver, etc, make sure it has some distance between
    console and other electronics. Also maybe move console and see if the same thing happens. ,
Thema:

Xbox one turns itself on

1. Xbox one turns itself on - Similar Threads - turns itself

2. Xbox one console unexpectedly turns itself on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one console unexpectedly turns itself on.: Thought that my Xbox one console unexpectedly turns itself on issue was solved. WRONG! Seems to be turning itself on at times that I would sometimes be playing. Just have to deal with it. Thanks...
  3. X box one not powering up - turns itself off straight away

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box one not powering up - turns itself off straight away: Hi, We are having problems with my son's X box one S - as soon as we try and turn it on - it shuts itself down within a second or two. We have tried turning it off and back on again (including...
  4. Xbox one power does not work when I touched it and turns off by itself and makes beep...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power does not work when I touched it and turns off by itself and makes beep...: My xbox power button not responding to touch and keeps making ejecting disc noise like crazy turns off as soon as it get to the menu or turn on right away with ejecting disc noises...
  5. Xbox one turning itself on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one turning itself on: So the last couple days my xboX one has been turning itself on and then my soundbar switches to bluetooth and starts playing the sound from a soccer game. Have i i beenhacked or is it some kind of...
  6. Mi Xbox One se apaga [Translation-My Xbox one turns itself off]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mi Xbox One se apaga [Translation-My Xbox one turns itself off]: Hola, he estado jugando al rainbow six en mi Xbox y se me apaga solamente al jugar a ese juego. Me recomendaron desinstalar y volver a instalar el juego pero no me funcionó, me gustaría que...
  7. Xbox Turning on by Itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Turning on by Itself: Hello Everyone, Just want to know why my xbox one turns on randomly and unexpectedly while it is off. I do not have kinnect for it and want to see if it's a defective xbox or if there is a fix...
  8. Xbox One is turning itself off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One is turning itself off?: Hi All Ive had a Xbox for 4 days and today it has started to turn itself off. Ive unplugged it and left it for 30mins but when I plugged it back in it and pushed the power button it turned itself...
  9. My xbox one x turns itself on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one x turns itself on: Can anyone answer this question? Already my old 3 year old xbox one 500 GB turned on myself, but I decided it was just a console's fault because it was years old. But it also started happening...
  10. Xbox one X crashing then turning itself off middle of games, updates and downloads

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X crashing then turning itself off middle of games, updates and downloads: Hi, got a brand new Xbox one X around 3 weeks ago from day 1 its been turning itself off when im playing games, on the store or even downloading/updating games. Its like a crash sound then turns...