Xbox One, Turns off at random

Discus and support Xbox One, Turns off at random in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello I have had my Xbox one since 2015 and recently it has been turning off at random I first I thought it was a heat issue (after 5 mins on a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DaSquidGaming, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Xbox One, Turns off at random

Hello

I have had my Xbox one since 2015 and recently it has been turning off at random

I first I thought it was a heat issue (after 5 mins on a total screen of a game my Xbox is extremely hot) my Xbox would turn off after 5 mins on the home screen and after 6 hours of playing a game

I'm thinking its because its getting old so can I please get some help

TY <3

:)

DaSquidGaming, Nov 26, 2020
  2. The L0GANATOR Win User

Xbox Turns on and Off At Random

This issue is unusual never heard of it, you might try and contact XBOX support at 1-800-4my-xbox
  3. ElPandaXpress Win User

This happens to allot of the other versions of Xbox360. I have your problem. All I do is check the back heater every once in a while. If it gets to hot I would turn it off for about 5 minutes then turn it back on. Or get the extra fan at GameStop or any
    place that sells Xbox360s.

-xXweirddudexX
  4. XkomX Win User

It could very well be an issue with your powerbutton stuck in place however I wouldn't poke and prod it as any tampering of the system will void it for warranty =/

I would check it though, possibly pop off the face plate and take a look and try playing without using the faceplate. If the button seems to be stuck in then you found the issue ^^ lol
  5. XkomX Win User

Wow, that is a very odd issue. I've never heard of nor had this issue my self but it sounds like a hardware issue.

In your post I can see you've checked the cabling and stated that it was all done properly, so the only thing left to assume is possibly a hardware issue.

Could you check the faceplate? It may possibly be on wrong and pushing up against the power button as you play causing it to turn off. If this is not the case then I would suggest calling the support line at 1-800-4-myxbox and ask to talk to a hardware representative.
    If your console is still under warranty then you have nothing to worry about! However if you just ran out of warranty and the console has to be repaired you will have to pay a small fee but it's worth getting your Xbox back! lol
  6. ElPandaXpress Win User

Okay. Your welcome. Thank you for using the Xbox.com's Support Forum. Please come back soon!!

- xXweirddudexX
Thema:

Xbox One, Turns off at random

1. Xbox One, Turns off at random - Similar Threads - Turns off random

2. Can't turn off random game invites in windows 10 game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't turn off random game invites in windows 10 game bar: Hi all, I'll just keep it simple, I just want to get rid of game invites from people I don't know. I keep getting them when playing Forza, invites to play Forza Horizon 4 (when I'm already in the...
  3. XBOX ONE S TURNING OFF RANDOMLY

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE S TURNING OFF RANDOMLY: Good day all. Ive read through forums regarding potential overheating issues, power supply issues, etc. I replaced power supply and power cord, still turning off. Have reset and tried but nothing....
  4. New Xbox series x controller randomly turns off and then back on

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox series x controller randomly turns off and then back on: I have the origional xbox one and recoently got a new xsx controller. When i use it itwill randomly just shut off and then turn right back on again. I was wondering if there was a fix or if others...
  5. My series x randomly turn off

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x randomly turn off: 3 defaults turned off automatically when playing nba2k21 next gen with the console. 9f5f281a-cd3b-49f8-a57a-26a0ff0571c9
  6. xbox series x turns off randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x turns off randomly: My Xbox Series X will randomly turn off when i am playing a game. I will play a game for about an hour and then it shuts off. I do not have anything covering the vents and I don’t understand why...
  7. Xbox Turning off randomly through a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Turning off randomly through a game: Anyone have an idea why the xbox one series X randomly turns off half way throgh a game 799b7329-a1b9-4d04-9ee1-01e4761f221c
  8. Xbox series X turning off randomly only for next gen games ?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X turning off randomly only for next gen games ?: So my Xbox keeps turning off randomly while playing the next gen version of Cold War , but before this I was playing rocket league which obviously isn’t next gen enhances and had no turn offs...
  9. Xbox series S dashboard lag and freezing/ Also the console randomly turned off while...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S dashboard lag and freezing/ Also the console randomly turned off while...: My Xbox series s console keeps lagging and freezing when going in and out ofbthe dashboard and back into games. It also shut down by its self while playing a game what's going to on with these...
  10. Xbox Series X Randomly Turning Off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Randomly Turning Off: I have a Series X and I am having the same issue with the entire console randomly shutting off when I am in a game, and also when no app is open at all and I leave the controller untouched for...