Xbox One turns on automatically every time I receive a message. More details inside!

Discus and support Xbox One turns on automatically every time I receive a message. More details inside! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. My problem is that my Xbox One turns on automatically every time I receive a message, like a Beta-invite or a Microsoft message of some sort, like... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LAUTREAMONT-E9B7C583-DAB8-4B8E-AF1B-5C58B49638F8, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Xbox One turns on automatically every time I receive a message. More details inside!

Hi. My problem is that my Xbox One turns on automatically every time I receive a message, like a Beta-invite or a Microsoft message of some sort, like offers to some products. I have the energy saving setting, so the Xbox power supply is orange when not
    using my Xbox.

This is SO annoying because I work most of the day and usually there is no one that can turn off my Xbox.

Enabling the option "Turn off after an hour of inactivity" is a pain in the ***, since I download full games and watch videos on my Xbox, and If you enable this sort of options, it will turn it off automatically if you don´t push a button on the controller,
    so this is not a real solution for me. Also, unplugging or disconnecting from the network are not practical solutions to me, so I wont do that permanently.

To stop this annoying feature, I disabled the auto sign-in on my profile and solved the problem, but this is kind of annoying because every time that I turn on my Xbox I have to manually sign-in. I know there is a practical solution, but I can´t find it
    by myself. I tried everything on settings, but only cancelling auto sign-in seems to have the desired effect.

Thanks for reading. Any advice?.

:)

LAUTREAMONT-E9B7C583-DAB8-4B8E-AF1B-5C58B49638F8, Mar 28, 2016
  2. IndieRock
    IndieRock Guest
    Fans Can Now Opt into the Xbox Insider Program

IndieRock, Mar 28, 2016
  3. Bushgamer43
    Bushgamer43 Guest
    WiFi

Every time I turn on my consol I ha e to reconnect to my WiFi. My old Xbox one automatically connect

Bushgamer43, Mar 28, 2016
  4. Xbox One turns on automatically every time I receive a message. More details inside!

Hey there, LAUTREAMONT

Have you reported this using the console. If your apart of the preview program, or another Xbox User, you should have the option to report a problem/bug to the development team through your Xbox One console. The option can be seen when you press and hold
    your guide button until the option to turn off you Xbox Console appears. When this option appears, the report bug option should be on the far right hand side.

Once you report this problem up to Xbox, they will then begin to investigate and try and fix this problem.

[quote user="LAUTREAMONT"]

To stop this annoying feature, I disabled the auto sign-in on my profile and solved the problem, but this is kind of annoying because every time that I turn on my Xbox I have to manually sign-in. I know there is a practical solution, but I can´t find it
    by myself. I tried everything on settings, but only cancelling auto sign-in seems to have the desired effect.

[/quote]

You could set the profile to automatically sign into your account when you walk into your room. Although, this will only work if you have a gaming room, and if you have a Kinect. I know it may not be a suitable option for you, but worth putting it down for
    other users who are reading this.

Hope this helps ,

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Mar 28, 2016
  5. You could set the option for the console to shutdown after an hour and also have background downloads enabled. This will mean the console will power off partially, still showing the white light on the power unit but continue to download the requested file
    until fully complete. Once downloaded the console will then shutdown fully showing the orange light on the power unit.

MeanMachine 47, Oct 31, 2018
  6. MeanMachine 47 Win User

Xbox One turns on automatically every time I receive a message. More details inside!

You could set the option for the console to shutdown after an hour and also have background downloads enabled. This will mean the console will power off partially, still showing the white light on the power unit but continue to download the requested file
    until fully complete. Once downloaded the console will then shutdown fully showing the orange light on the power unit.
  7. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Hey there, LAUTREAMONT

Have you reported this using the console. If your apart of the preview program, or another Xbox User, you should have the option to report a problem/bug to the development team through your Xbox One console. The option can be seen when you press and hold
    your guide button until the option to turn off you Xbox Console appears. When this option appears, the report bug option should be on the far right hand side.

Once you report this problem up to Xbox, they will then begin to investigate and try and fix this problem.

[quote user="LAUTREAMONT"]

[/quote]

You could set the profile to automatically sign into your account when you walk into your room. Although, this will only work if you have a gaming room, and if you have a Kinect. I know it may not be a suitable option for you, but worth putting it down for
    other users who are reading this.

Hope this helps ,

Regards,
  8. Christyna64 Win User

Xbox live gold Charged automatically

To avoid this in the future every time you add time to Xbox live it will automatically turn on recurring billing, every time. I just go in and turn it off when I add time to Xbox live.
  9. GolDiELoXXX54 Win User

System Update Stopped

The problem is that I can't get to the main menu. The Xbox automatically starts the update and freezes every time I turn it on.
  10. matty360 Win User
Thema:

1. Xbox One turns on automatically every time I receive a message. More details inside! - Similar Threads - turns automatically every

2. Netflix on our iPad turns on the Xbox and tries to connect automatically to cast via...

in XboX Insiders
    Netflix on our iPad turns on the Xbox and tries to connect automatically to cast via...: Not sure when this started but as soon as we try to stream on our ipad, it automatically tries to connect to our xbox one and cast there. Any idea on how to turn this off or just remove the...
  3. My home xbox automatically turned off

in XBoX Accessibility
    My home xbox automatically turned off: So I had my friends account as my home xbox to play 2 specific games, Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Modern Warfare 3. Yet June 8th, it all of the sudden isn't my home xbox and I can't play those...
  4. Automatic turn off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Automatic turn off: I moved my xbox while still on (which wasn't very smart) and accidentally bumped it on the base of my t.v. to which the xbox started making a noise like something had broke off in the fan and was...
  5. Xbox One automatically turns on and off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One automatically turns on and off: G'day! So i have recently just come back from a three week holiday, and when i went to turn my Xbox on, it wouldnt turn on. After figuring out was the issue was the xbox started repeatedly making...
  6. How to turn on the automatic saving function

in XBoX on Windows
    How to turn on the automatic saving function: I want to know if I can recover data that disappeared because I turned off the auto save function on the Xbox home page. Also, tell me how to turn on the automatic storage function so that this...
  7. XblSaveGame automatically turn off

in XBoX on Windows
    XblSaveGame automatically turn off: Hello, When i am trying enable XblSaveGame service ,it automatically turn off and startup type is changed to manual. How to fix it? cab2a5a5-1736-4e53-8660-435bfbe45657
  8. Xbox 360 turns off automatically

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turns off automatically: My Xbox360 is turning off while playing , no issue with my plug point ,what might be the problem ? f29e25ca-8d58-4ba2-8ce9-300ad24fe1f3
  9. Light on Xbox one will come on and will automatically turn off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Light on Xbox one will come on and will automatically turn off: Will try and turn the Xbox on, the light will show for a couple of seconds then will turn off and nothing will happen. Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it. Thanks...
  10. The game is automatically turned off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The game is automatically turned off: When I turn on the game (call of duty black ops 3) and I want to play a match, when I enter the match, the game closes, the bot is the same. I can not take part in the match, because each time the...