Xbox One UK console is telling me that it will only play region 1 dvd's and region A blu ...

Discus and support Xbox One UK console is telling me that it will only play region 1 dvd's and region A blu ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; What is going on here? I bought my console in the UK from shopto on launch day and have only just gotten around to watching a movie on it. To my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by spikerules, Feb 2, 2014.

1. spikerules
    spikerules Guest

Xbox One UK console is telling me that it will only play region 1 dvd's and region A blu ...

What is going on here? I bought my console in the UK from shopto on launch day and have only just gotten around to watching a movie on it. To my surprise it is telling me my console is the wrong region for my discs... I am not impressed. Xbox support were
    useless as normal. Has anyone else had this issue and know of a fix?

:)

spikerules, Feb 2, 2014
  2. signs
    signs Guest
    signs, Feb 2, 2014
  3. lungwun
    lungwun Guest
    Xbox One from the US (Region free? Advantages? Disadvantages?)

The Xbox one is region free for games.

But for DVD's and Blu-rays, it is region locked. So your Xbox from the states would only be able to play region 1 discs

lungwun, Feb 2, 2014
  4. morpheus2n2
    morpheus2n2 Guest

Double check your location under settings this may be the course if not it is best to contact shopto as they may be able to exchange it.

morpheus2n2, Feb 7, 2014
  5. Kev McCaw Win User

Xbox One Region coding for blu ray and DVD

Ok just to update you guys.

My uk xbox wont play usa standard def region 1 dvds

It will also not play usa blu ray region A dvds

It will play region free blu rays and region B blu rays and region 2 standard def dvds.

So its basically same as a normal uk blu ray player.

I thought there was a rumour that the x1 was region free blu ray. Unless it means the games are region free and playable on any x1

Either way im happy coz ill only be using it as a games console
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox One imported from other region

Each Xbox One console is manufactured for a specific Blu-ray and DVD region, following international standards. The Xbox One console can play Blu-ray discs and DVDs that are sold in the same region as the console.

Some Blu-ray discs and DVDs are not region-encoded or are coded to all regions. Region-free Blu-ray discs and DVDs will play on any Xbox One console.

support.xbox.com/.../watch-bluray-dvd-movies
  7. Daft Badger Win User

Blu ray Region modify

You can't.The Xbox One isn't region free when it comes to blu-ray,dvd etc as far as i know.

It will only play region 1 dvd's i'm afraid.
  8. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Games region locking

Game discs for the Xbox One console are
    not region locked. Each Xbox One console is manufactured for a specific region, following international standards, so the Xbox One console can only play
    Blu-ray discs and DVDs that are sold in the same region as the console unless they Blu-ray/DVD is not region coded.

Source.
    Hope this helps!
  9. M3tal Daz3 Win User

My Xbox One wont play DVD's

Each Xbox One console is manufactured for a specific Blu-ray and DVD region, following international standards. The Xbox One console can play Blu-ray discs and DVDs that are sold in the same region as the console. See the following tables for the countries
    in each disc region: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/apps/watch-bluray-dvd-movies

As you can see your console from region 4: Mexico, Central and South America, Australia, New Zealand, Oceania

can't play dvd from region 1: United States, Canada, Bermuda, U.S. territories
Thema:

1. Xbox One UK console is telling me that it will only play region 1 dvd's and region A blu ... - Similar Threads - console telling play

2. Console streaming keeps telling me I need to be an insider....Xbox says I am o e

in XboX Insiders
    Console streaming keeps telling me I need to be an insider....Xbox says I am o e: Need help getting console streaming to work. I'm an insider, don't need updates, and I have checked all of the threads on this subreddit. Game streaming app tells me I'm not an insider and I can't...
  3. Xbox companion app tells me "To continue, sign in your console using this account" even...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox companion app tells me "To continue, sign in your console using this account" even...: So, for 2 hours now, it keeps saying that, even though I am logged with the same account both on my xbox one and on the companion app. d7c48e00-3115-4cc7-87d2-63b3f0de4948
  4. Problem when turning on my console it keeps telling me to sign into my console when I get...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem when turning on my console it keeps telling me to sign into my console when I get...: I have started noticeing this issue 3 times now when I have font to press the Xbox button on the front of my Xbox when I’d get to the home screen dashboard of my console there has been a delay 3...
  5. My Xbox One console keeps telling me to "Please reconnect the controller or connect to a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One console keeps telling me to "Please reconnect the controller or connect to a...: My Xbox One console keeps telling me to "Please reconnect the controller or connect to a different controller and press any button" This has been happening while playing Red Dead Redemption II....
  6. cant access anything on the console. signed out and tells me to sign in with controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant access anything on the console. signed out and tells me to sign in with controller: so i was playing xbox one today. suddenly my profile signs out and tells me to sign in using the controller. ok sure.... problem is.. i only use a controller and for some reason i cant get...
  7. My console is banned and I have no email telling me when it will be lifted

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console is banned and I have no email telling me when it will be lifted: Hello ive been banned via xbox and I was ok I didn't complain about anything regarding that I accepted my ban and I was given a date and time when it would be lifted and its been that date and...
  8. I have been console banned for report me because I tell him to leave alone he say something ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been console banned for report me because I tell him to leave alone he say something ...: I have been console banned for no reason someone report me and I was being rude I did nothing wrong and know I been console banned can some plz help me e7bc5b02-53a3-46ab-ad79-ef90a71fbea6
  9. I got console banned for retaliating to someone telling me to ****

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got console banned for retaliating to someone telling me to ****: some guy I played against in a game and he told me I should go **** and I told him to go **** himself aa8b9c38-7f56-4a18-aa7f-74f2a5038a6b
  10. My Xbox one console tells me i dont have gold but i can play online? i have 12 months worth

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one console tells me i dont have gold but i can play online? i have 12 months worth: I can sign in with no problems or anything but when i load battle field 4 it tells me i need gold for some features of the game, (i activated a 12 month card about a month ago) when i go in to...