Xbox One Update Killed Microphones

Discus and support Xbox One Update Killed Microphones in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; With the new update pushed out yesterday, none of my mics work. The headsets are recognized by the system and mics too but input audio will not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Intrepid Rook, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Xbox One Update Killed Microphones

With the new update pushed out yesterday, none of my mics work. The headsets are recognized by the system and mics too but input audio will not transmit. I have updated each of the controllers with mics attached while plugged directly into the system with
    no change. The same issue has occurred on my Xbox One S and Xbox X.

Audio through headsets is working.

This is the case in game (HALO MCC) and chat.

Will try to do a system reset this weekend.

(Mics are definitely not muted)

:)

Intrepid Rook, Mar 5, 2020
  2. Intrepid Rook Win User

Hiya!!

I can understand your frustration in times like this. Anytime there is an update for XBOX, sometimes you might have to update the firmware for your accessories depending on manufacturer. I had to update my firmware for my Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset.
    After which everything was working perfectly again.. :)

Happy Gaming!!
    Thanks for the tip! I use simple Klipsch and Samsung headphones plugged into the controller. Too many bad memories from the OG Xbox to try anything fancier :)

Take care.
  3. Intrepid Rook Win User

I've actually notice now that you've pointed this out that my headset is having static issues and sound quality issues after the update as well.
    If it's wired, the wires might be going bad or are loose - my experience when I was an ambassador.

I suggest disconnecting everything from the box, running the console with a controller wired in, and a wired mic. Good luck!
  4. BigPigGaming112 Win User

Hello,

I have had issue like this in the past for me the issue the thing for me that fixed it was going to System > Settings > General > Volume & audio
    output, and then make sure that Headset mic is switched to On
  5. T0xicpezz Win User

Semi Related but I've been having problems with voice messages since the update, one guy on my friends list only sends voice messages he refuses to type and now I get these audio messages with no sound so I have no idea what he is saying. Hope it fixes
    soon.
  6. RawToastMmm Win User

Sounds like you've been able to rule out a lot of stuff; awesome troubleshooting!

I know this probably sounds silly, but have you checked your privacy settings and verified that you don't have your audio software muted somewhere on your account or in game?

Also, when you're in a party, does your account picture highlight when your speaking --showing that the mic is picking up audio? That would tell us if the Xbox is even detecting audio coming through the mic.

Another thing you can try is sending a voice message... does that work?

If those work fine, I'd just try a hard reboot: Hold down power button 10 seconds, then unplugged power cable, wait, then plug power cable back in and turn on.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Update Killed Microphones - Similar Threads - Update Killed Microphones

2. This update killed my x-box one S

in XBoX Accessibility
    This update killed my x-box one S: So you did this there are 3 Xboxes in my account. one died ………… how to fix? I have gone many times over the [Mod Removed- Profanity] you put on this site...… so how do I fix something that wont...
  3. new update killed my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    new update killed my xbox: My xbox one just did the most recent update, last week {first week of June 2018}. Afterwards I could not pull up my friends list or messages or shopping and very few games.. I was playing one of...
  4. Windows 10 Anniversary update killed MS Solitaire and XBOX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 Anniversary update killed MS Solitaire and XBOX: Installed the anniversary update on two different computers today. On both of them, the MS solitaire collection and XBOX sign in refuses to load. Uninstalled Solitaire and re-installed from the...
  5. Update killed my Xbox one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update killed my Xbox one.: Woke up to another update this morning and when it reached the verification stage my xbox turned off and never turned back on. Just wondering if there is anything I can do to fix it. I would call...
  6. XB1X Killing my home network when downloading/updating games

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1X Killing my home network when downloading/updating games: I previously had the original XB1 and had no issues still using my computer to browse the web while that xbox was downloading/updating. Since I got my X back in NOV if it's downloading/updating...
  7. Microsoft killed original Xbox one with update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft killed original Xbox one with update: Hello I just want to say that I believe Microsoft killed the original Xbox one with they’re update so you have to go buy the new one. Can anybody prove me wrong. 7ff19ac3-e750-4ac2-92e3-bd149df47dab
  8. May 16 2017 update killed my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    May 16 2017 update killed my console: After receiving the may 2017 update on the 16th my console restarted after dl of the update and now will not turn on after troubleshooting its determined not a psu issue but the console its self....
  9. Latest Update Killed TB x42 Transmitter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest Update Killed TB x42 Transmitter: After installing the latest update, my Turtle beach x42 transmitter is dead (does not turn on after being plugged in). I've heard of this problem before but have not experience it myself. Is there...
  10. The newest preview dashboard update had killed my system

in XBoX on Consoles
    The newest preview dashboard update had killed my system: Hello, When I turned on my console this evening I was greeted with the green Xbox One screen that usually displays after an update. Sadly after that my screen went black. Occasionally I will see...