XBOX One user settings

Discus and support XBOX One user settings in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Could anyone please tell me if the settings on the console, such as headset volume and accessibility features are meant to be user specific or global?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by tedium, Sep 19, 2019.

1. tedium
    tedium Guest

XBOX One user settings

Could anyone please tell me if the settings on the console, such as headset volume and accessibility features are meant to be user specific or global?

I am trying to setup profiles for my family and not everyone has the same requirements, but whatever I do, the settings are applied across the board, even to my own profile.

For example, children should not be exposed to high headset volumes for extended periods, too late for me, but I cannot seem to be able to set different volumes for each individual. In addition, one user needs to have a mono audio output, but not everyone
    wants this. Unfortunately, it's all or nothing it seems, unless I'm missing something.

:)

tedium, Sep 19, 2019
  2. tedium Win User

XBOX One user settings

I have many headsets, most, if not all have integrated volume control.

What I would like to know is what settings are global and which are user configurable.

Does anyone know this?

It would seem odd to have ease of access settings configured globally.

Thanks
  3. Jurgen1488 Win User

XBOX One user settings

Hello.

Your question about the headset.
    If you have an XBOX headset or if you have a compatible Xbox Headset, the compatibility label is always on the product packaging.

So such devices can be set up in the console after pressing the XBOX button on the gamepad, in the gear panel there is the AUDIO tab, where you will find a quick Headset setup when you have it connected.

Otherwise, if the Headset is not compatible with the XBOX console, in most cases this setting is missing. Also, the headset may not work properly.
  4. MightyQuinn75 Win User

XBOX One user settings

Sadly you arent missing something. Those sort of settings are console wide as you suspected. I understand your frustration on this. You can make suggestions to the team for future features and I think this is a great candidate. You can do that here: Xbox
    Ideas
  5. tedium Win User

XBOX One user settings

In the case of selecting mono audio in ease of access settings, any user logged in can change the setting on or off and it will affect all users globally. It is the same situation when setting headset volumes.

Ultimately all users then have to use whatever was the last headset setting by default, unless each user individually resets their preferences every single time they log back into the console, sometimes this is several times a day.
  6. tedium Win User

XBOX One user settings

I stated in my earlier post that you referenced that they are global.

"Some settings are indeed console wide like the sound settings."
    That's great, but do you know specifically what settings are global or otherwise?
Thema:

XBOX One user settings

1. XBOX One user settings - Similar Threads - user settings

2. How to set a custom Xbox user images (using Xbox App Beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    How to set a custom Xbox user images (using Xbox App Beta): How to set a custom Xbox user images on windows 10 (I'm using Xbox App Beta) 306768ae-1136-4d25-8d0b-205415efc14f
  3. setting up new user on xbox and transfering profile without disturbing main xbox ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    setting up new user on xbox and transfering profile without disturbing main xbox ...: a while ago I got an xbox for my son. It required an email address to sign up and so I entered my email address and password of my Microsoft live account. time has passed and I want to change my...
  4. How to set up family account for multiple users?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to set up family account for multiple users?: Hello, we are new users and new to the XBox platform. 1. How do we set up a family account with multiple members, so the family member can just select their profile and begin playing? It asks for...
  5. Setting up for my kids to play. I added me as a user already. I can't add more It is just in a ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Setting up for my kids to play. I added me as a user already. I can't add more It is just in a ...: I have set myself up as a user by I can't get past the screen for setting my kids up to play. If I wanted to play I can't get past the screen to let me play anything. It did charge my account .50...
  6. 1st time user of Xbox live - my account was set up on my Mac but its not bringing my payment ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    1st time user of Xbox live - my account was set up on my Mac but its not bringing my payment ...: first time creating an xbox live account. I was able to login to my microsoft account on my Mac & attached my Paypal account but when I go to my Xbox and log in with this same account it isnt...
  7. Unable to access profile settings on a local user

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to access profile settings on a local user: Hello, I'm trying to link my Xbox live account with my Xbox 360. I tried to follow instructions given online and went to the settings page but I can't access any profile settings at all. I am...
  8. Disaster First Time User Set Up Experience - HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disaster First Time User Set Up Experience - HELP: I'm truly shocked how bad the XBox One set up experience is for a first time XBox customer like me. I just purchased this new yesterday with Kinect bundle at my local Game Stop. The horrible...
  9. Child user on Xbone with no parental account to change settings....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child user on Xbone with no parental account to change settings....: I just bought the Xbone and have had a "child account" due to a accident when initially creating my account 7 years ago... I had that issue resolved on the xbox360, but now I am experiencing the...
  10. View User Generated content setting

in XBoX on Consoles
    View User Generated content setting: How do I enable viewing user generated content. I am trying to go to the Marketplace in NHL15 Ultimate Edition and when I click on the link in the NHL15 dashboard, I get an error message, "You...