Xbox One-Video Trim Issue

Discus and support Xbox One-Video Trim Issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft/Xbox Devs, I have viewed multiple forums and discussions on the issue and many are experiencing the same issue going back 5 years and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PuddlesOfCuddls, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Xbox One-Video Trim Issue

Dear Microsoft/Xbox Devs,

I have viewed multiple forums and discussions on the issue and many are experiencing the same issue going back 5 years and more. Unfortunately there seems to be no real/viable feedback, solutions or clear intention to address the issue.

When attempting to trim captured videos on my Xbox One, 7/10 times the trim cannot be completed and a message appears prompting the user to try again. The trim process gets to about 60%, stalls, then quits after 4min and produces the error message.

The only “answers” and “resolutions” present are to either hard reset (or full shutdown) the xbox or to choose to delete all content minus the games and apps downloaded. The first option has never worked for me (or most others that I have observed online).
    The second option involves deleting the data I am attempting to trim and share; this option is not something I am interested in.

I previously resorted to using Upload Studios, which required 8 minutes of my time per video to trim 1:20 min of video content. This option has now been removed and video editing is not possible without sending the content to other devices to use other
    editing sofware.

***Please provide an adaquate solution to a simple issue that has been ongoing for 5+ years.

I do not have much hope at the moment for newer Xbox consoles that already have blatant issues yet cost hundreds of dollars.

:)

PuddlesOfCuddls, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Wildboy Wiley Win User

Having trouble trimming a clip

I have now uploaded a video focusing on this issue, it shows me trimming the clips and the issues leading after that, I would hope if someone could watch it and give me some help related to the issue so I can fully trim this clip without any errors occuring,
    thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r2-yKb3D34
    After examining your video, and looking at it from my console, The "Trim" option you have available on that bar, isn't available in my app strangely. Not sure why that trim option is there, have you checked to see if the Xbox DVR has been updated recently?

Alternatively (as a work around) to trim your clip, you can "edit in Upload Studio" which will allow you trim the clip in that app (Simply pushing the left stick to move the starting point, and the right stick to move the ending
    point) and will allow you to save and upload the trimmed clip to xbox or onedrive as well.
  3. Hachodo Win User

Windows 10 Xbox App Crashes When Uploading an (in-app) Trimmed Game Capture

I appreciate your reply. Can you tell me if the issue occurs everytime you upload any trimmed videos on the Xbox app? Also, have you checked if your Windows 10 is updated? It is possible that you need to update your Windows 10 to eliminate this issue. To
    check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to
    Settings
    > Update & security > Windows Update, and select
    Check for updates.

We look forward to your reply.
    Sorry for the late response, life got in the way.

My Windows 10 is updated as of today. Same issue (and a new one), trying multiple clips. When I download the original capture (so that I can trim it), it crashes. Then I reopen the app and try trimming the video. It either proceeds to crash at 99%, or trims,
    and then when I try to upload it, a new error appears, and it says "Sorry, this capture can't be shared We don't recognize this game". This new issue is happening with both Ghost Recon Wildlands and Gears of War 4.

I also tried to utilize the trim functionality on my Xbox One X, and it alternates between crashing the game 'capture' app or it simply freezes the progress bar.

I was able to use the trim functionality on my friends Xbox One S a week ago with a game clip the same age.

All the games I tried to trim on my Xbox that are over a month old.
  4. Joc Holliday Win User

Using upload studio to splice videos not just trim

Currently you can only trim videos but you can add multiple sections and trim the clip in multiple ways to mirror a splice.
  5. OnshoreTempest Win User

Trimming Clips doesnt work properly in Windows 10 Xbox App

I've had the trim feature cause a distorted image (on 2011 dell laptop on board GPU, 8GB RAM), or pauses/skips (2013 IMAC 8GB, running bootcamp/windows10). I have not had problems when I trim videos using the xbox one hardware + game dvr app.
  6. PhilParry Win User

Having trouble trimming a clip

I am having an issue with trimming clips too but not the same as you. When I trim my clip and play it back the audio is off sync from the video. So I am sniping someone on BF1 and the sound of the gunshot is like 5 secs later.
Thema:

Xbox One-Video Trim Issue

1. Xbox One-Video Trim Issue - Similar Threads - Video Trim Issue

2. No video captures are showing up when going into Captures Manager

in XBoX on Consoles
    No video captures are showing up when going into Captures Manager: Today I went into Manage captures and none of my video captures are showing up even though they were before. None show up in On this Xbox or On external drive when Game clips is selected. Only...
  3. How Much is Tax When Gifting a Video Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How Much is Tax When Gifting a Video Game: I am planning to gift my brother Call of Duty: Cold War (Cross Platform Edition) for Christmas, I am planning to buy $65 in Xbox Gift Cards ($50 card and a $15 card), and redeem a $5 or $10 Xbox...
  4. Prime Video is making Xbox not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prime Video is making Xbox not work: I have had to uninstall Prime Video to make the rest of the apps work such as Netflix. You Tube and others. What's UP? 4f56015b-a12a-4876-811f-a087944f016b
  5. Xbox Video Capture's Aspect Ratio is not functioning as hoped while recording.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Video Capture's Aspect Ratio is not functioning as hoped while recording.: When I capture gameplay of Dead By Daylight the aspect ratio of the final video product is bugged and converts the usual aspect ratio with a smaller version of what I want. I could not find...
  6. When will you fix video trimming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will you fix video trimming?: Using the trim function has been broken for a very long time. You can find many people saying exactly the same thing. It gets to about 75% and just stalls. Upload Studio used to be the answer to...
  7. Upload Studio Trim Video Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upload Studio Trim Video Not Working: Whether from the Xbox clip review or Upload Studio App I can't trim video. The process locks up after about 3/4 of the rendering after I select "Save" and then times out after several minutes. I...
  8. Unable to trim video clip on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to trim video clip on xbox: Tried to use the trim feature accessed by clicking the guide button, going to recent captures and selecting the clip to trim. I set my in and out points, press X to save and am brought to the...
  9. Using upload studio to splice videos not just trim

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Using upload studio to splice videos not just trim: Hello, new to making vidieos is there a way to splice your clip to remove unwanted content in the middle of ur vidieo? I can trim but that just goes from end or beggining not the middle of your...
  10. How do I trim a recorded video clip?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I trim a recorded video clip?: I recorded a clip, and I want to trim it down. It kept wanting me to download a separate app called Upload Studio. I couldn't find anything on the Xbox to trim it, so I ended up just downloading...