: XBOX ONE will not do system update

Discus and support : XBOX ONE will not do system update in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : XBOX ONE will not do system update Hello ChrisW-uk, Thank you for keeping us updated. When you stated that you completed a full reset on the... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by ChrisW-uk, Mar 29, 2019.

1. ChrisW-uk
    ChrisW-uk Guest

Hello ChrisW-uk,

Thank you for keeping us updated. When you stated that you completed a full reset on the console, did you mean a full factory reset?
    This is the type of factory reset that removes all games, profiles and downloaded applications. Is the Xbox One enrolled in the

Xbox Insider program
    ? The Xbox Insider program has been known to cause issues with the console. This is due to the Xbox Insider users utilizing the alpha and beta versions of the new operating system software. If your console is enrolled in the Xbox Insider
    program, we suggest submitting feedback through the Xbox Insider Hub application
    and through the Xbox Insider subreddit. Be sure to let us know the results.

:)

ChrisW-uk, Mar 29, 2019
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

XBOX 1 Something went wrong

3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello ChrisW-uk,

Thank you for keeping us updated. When you stated that you completed a full reset on the console, did you mean a full factory reset?
    This is the type of factory reset that removes all games, profiles and downloaded applications. Is the Xbox One enrolled in the

Xbox Insider program
    ? The Xbox Insider program has been known to cause issues with the console. This is due to the Xbox Insider users utilizing the alpha and beta versions of the new operating system software. If your console is enrolled in the Xbox Insider
    program, we suggest submitting feedback through the Xbox Insider Hub application
    and through the Xbox Insider subreddit. Be sure to let us know the results.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

XBOX ONE will not do system update

Hello Chris,

Sorry for the issue with updating the console. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps for the

error 0x80072F8F
    ? Also try rebooting all network hardware that you may have.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. aMexicanErb Win User

The Best thing to do is follow the
    troubleshooter
    for the specific error code. If you are still having trouble after that contact someone through the

Contact Us
    feature of the support site and someone will be able to direct you in what to do next.
  6. ChrisW-uk Win User

Hi Brad,

Tried all that, followed the troubleshooting. Even carried out factory resets on the router and full reset on the xbox. Still get the same error.

Will keep trying things.

Thanks
Thema:

1. : XBOX ONE will not do system update - Similar Threads - system update

2. New system update available to everyone. It's the one with the new UI (Feb. 24, 2020)

in XBoX on Consoles
    New system update available to everyone. It's the one with the new UI (Feb. 24, 2020): I’ll have to get on and check out all the new stuff, thanks for telling me what they added/changed so I know what to look out for. dd9fd934-2dd0-4d09-b29c-c0cf01e46431
  3. Problem with slow loading homescreen dashboard since last system update that went out for...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with slow loading homescreen dashboard since last system update that went out for...: I have started noticing an issue with the homescreen dashboard slow loading times for the homescreen dashboard takeing longer than normal to load everything thing up. when this issue started to...
  4. I cannot update my Xbox system and I'm not sure what to do

in XboX Insiders
    I cannot update my Xbox system and I'm not sure what to do: Hello there. So recently i haven't been able to play any games because my system won't update. I tried updating offline and even resetting my Xbox but nothing works. Xbox support says that I have...
  5. Xbox One S System Update And Startup Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S System Update And Startup Error: I’m having an Xbox one s system startup and update error. I was doing a system update for my Xbox one s console about 30 days ago and after the download was done and the update was being applied...
  6. Operating system update during a playtime

in XboX Insiders
    Operating system update during a playtime: Hi! First, sorry for my bad english. A couple hours ago I was playing GTA V with a friend and the game started sttutering and the controller stopped working so I checked the light of the...
  7. Way to get around System Update?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Way to get around System Update?: Recently my internet had to be turned off because of money issues. I found out that I could connect my Xbox to my mobile hotspot on my phone since I have an unlimited plan. It worked out...
  8. USB system update for xbox 360 console,downloaded to Win 10 PC first. help appreciated.

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB system update for xbox 360 console,downloaded to Win 10 PC first. help appreciated.: I need a system update to be downloaded on my PC, then plug USB Thumb drive into XBOX 360 console's port, to update Xbox 360 OS, and add updated apps to my xbox system,I'm having difficulty...
  9. Xbox had system update last night now it's not recognizing external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox had system update last night now it's not recognizing external hard drive: Had a system update last night. Since than it won't recognize my 2 tb xbox seagate external. Still recognizes my ssd. But not my main. Have followed all trouble shooting and tried different ports....
  10. OSU (Offline System Update)

in XBoX on Consoles
    OSU (Offline System Update): I have followed all the OSU steps for my Xbox One S (not an all-digital edition), it is still not working. This relates to my last post. I have followed the steps correctly and have the correct...