Xbox one will not power up after a forced restart.

Discus and support Xbox one will not power up after a forced restart. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As the title suggests, when I enter the 'power and Startup' options and select restart now, the Xbox powers down but doesn't power back up, however it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Volcano Pete, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Volcano Pete
    Volcano Pete Guest

As the title suggests, when I enter the 'power and Startup' options and select restart now, the Xbox powers down but doesn't power back up, however it starts fine as soon as I manually press the power button or use my controller power button.

The reason this is bothering me is I'm trying to use the 'alternative Mac address' option for connecting to Xbox live as I'm at a hotel, but this requires a system restart to work and once it powers down, it doesn't automatically turn back on and when I
    turn it on it essentially forgets it was in the process of trying to connect to the wifi!

Any help would be appreciated as I've been looking for a fix for some time,

Cheers.

:)

Volcano Pete, Apr 6, 2015
  2. Blaqula
    Blaqula Guest
    Black screen unresponsive xbox

Xbox has worked fine for months but now getting black screen on startup.

Last thing I did on the xbox was:

Download and install the free gold game

install update for wrestling game

add a second controller and update both of them

after this was all done the xbox froze on the wrestling load screen and I was forced to restart it. On restart it took about 15 minutes to fully boot up. The performance was extremely slow and sluggish before locking up again after 2-3 minutes. I fully power
    cycled it again and now get nothing but a black screen.

Initially the power light on the xbox was solid white and the controller would turn off after about a minute but after restarting again the power light would pulse ( indicating an update in progress) but after 6 hours of this I gave up and powered off.

Any help?

Blaqula, Apr 6, 2015
  3. J864
    J864 Guest
    XBONE won't open anything unless I force shutdown/hard restart it EVERY TIME!?!?!?!

This is a stupid problem to have. Seems to be a recurring theme with the XBOX ONE.

When I start the XBONE nothing will open. I can scroll around but not open games etc. I have to hold the power button down until it does a forced shut down, then restart it. EVERY TIME?!?!

J864, Apr 6, 2015
  4. TheRealArg15 Win User

Xbox Party Connection

Try to Force Restarting your Xbox by Holding the Power Button until it fully shuts off then unplug your Power Switch for 15 seconds then plug it back in let me know if it works after
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Stuttering Dashboard Fix. + Possible game crash fix?

just bring up the side bar, go to the bottom and where it says power select restart, this then completely reboots the console, no having to hold the on off button to force it and no unplugging needed and then you know it has restarted cleanly.
  6. gds1972 Win User

Zoom

Hi

Can you try carrying out a full console restart by pressing and holding the power button on the front of the console for 5-10 seconds to force the console to shut down, after the console has shut down can you also remove the power cable from the wall outlet
    for two minutes and then reconnect everything and power the console back up to see if this resolves your problem.
  7. Eggnogga Win User

Minecraft crashes only minutes after loading world

Have you tried completely turning the power off of your Xbox One, powering it back up and restarting?
  8. Hex Ray Win User

COD:Ghosts - on launch it is VERYU slow and often freezes for 60 seconds

i ended up turning off that "fast game launch" option in settings / power up

(apologies, i cant remebmer the exact option name)

which forces a clean game restart every time.
Thema:

1. Xbox one will not power up after a forced restart. - Similar Threads - power forced restart

2. How come sometimes I need to unplug my external hard drive for my xbox to start powering up...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How come sometimes I need to unplug my external hard drive for my xbox to start powering up...: This is a problem that I have noticed within the past week or two. If I have a power outage or try to reset my console, the power brick will go orange like it would if it was in energy saving...
  3. 3rd attempt to post, XBOX bricked will not power on following latest update June 4th

in XboX Insiders
    3rd attempt to post, XBOX bricked will not power on following latest update June 4th: Made a post yesterday, not sure where it went.. this is my third attempt to request help. I updated the xbox via the insider program yesterday. The update download and verification completed...
  4. There is a mod on xbox abusing his power

in XBoX on Consoles
    There is a mod on xbox abusing his power: I don’t know if he was abusing his powers or just straight up cheating he was playing with four other of his buddies and one of the four were trash talking me and I got him com banned because he...
  5. Xbox won't respond to power on commands, but the fan rages on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't respond to power on commands, but the fan rages on: I was just playing the red dead redemption 2 campaign when out of nowhere my xbox one original cut out. There was a very quiet pop sound as if a fuse or something had gone. But after it turning...
  6. My xbox wont work properly after power outage

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox wont work properly after power outage: It was a normal day and then my power goes out and my Xbox turns off, I stop playing because I didn't feel like playing anymore and the next day my console restarted and I was trying to play but I...
  7. Xbox One and its Power Brick Shuts Off Completely

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One and its Power Brick Shuts Off Completely: I have the original xbox one, and everytime I turn it on to play MW, it completely shuts down, along with the Power Brick! I've tried using a vacuum to clean it and I've even cleaned out the xbox...
  8. Spegnimento xbox e alimentatore[Translation-Xbox and power supply shutdown]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Spegnimento xbox e alimentatore[Translation-Xbox and power supply shutdown]: Salve a tutti. Ultimamente sto riscontrando un problema abbastanza fastidioso. Mentre gioco tranquillo, nel bel mezzo della partita si spegne la console con tutto l'alimentatore però la...
  9. Xbox One X - unable to sign into Xbox One Live unless I power cycle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - unable to sign into Xbox One Live unless I power cycle: Whenever I switch on my Xbox One X after it has shut down due to inactivity, I am unable to sign in. The network tests as working fine, I can see other devices on the network, and the network is...
  10. Forced to update same 423mb update every time I power on my Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forced to update same 423mb update every time I power on my Xbox One: The subject pretty much tells you everything. I have no idea where to start. I've poked around on the forums and only was able to find someone with the same issue on 360. I'm on the Xbox One and...