Xbox One Will Not Recognize 2 TB External Hard Drive

Discus and support Xbox One Will Not Recognize 2 TB External Hard Drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have gone through every trouble shooting step that is online for external storage connections for Xbox One. I have the following hard drive... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hudson B, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Hudson B
    Hudson B Guest

Hello,

I have gone through every trouble shooting step that is online for external storage connections for Xbox One. I have the following hard drive "G-Technology 2TB G-DRIVE mobile USB-C Portable Hard Drive". I have a working USB to USBC cord.

The hard drive works on my computer and is recognized. When I plug it into my xbox it doesn't appear on the system storage page nor does it give me a popup to format the device. I have tried a new USB cord, did not fix the issue. I have tried doing all of
    the resets possible for the console, did not fix the issue. I have tried all 3 different ports. I have tried a friends hard drive to see if my USB port is off on the xbox, his hard drive connected with no issues. I was able to use his hard drive.

I have also tried formatting the hard drive into FAT32 as I read this is the format xbox one reverts it to eventually. Did not fix the issue.

I have exhausted all options and not sure what else to do.

:)

Hudson B, Mar 20, 2020
  2. MidlifeGolem12 Win User

Can I watch movies from my external hard drive?

Did you have to do anything special to get your 360 to recognize your external hard drive? I have a toshiba 2 TB drive that is can't see.
  3. SSG Predat0r Win User

If you go digital be prepared....

that or just buy an external hard drive. Example I have a 2 TB hard drive attached to my xbox one and on top of that I have replace my Internal Xbox Hard drive with a 1 TB Hard drive.

Those are the 2 options you can do if you don't want to delete anything.
  4. Hyperion CMDR Win User

gta 5

external hard drive is recommended. 2 TB or higher.
  5. AScannerDorkly Win User

Borderlands, Bioshock: Can't Download error message

I have a 2 TB external hard drive that I plugged into the Xbox and formatted. Still can't download games to it.
  6. WestsideJustice Win User

External hard drive question time!.

I have two separate 2 TB external hard drives, for a total of 4 TB of extra storage. I haven't had any issues with either drive.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Will Not Recognize 2 TB External Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Recognize External Hard

2. My xbox doesnt recognize my external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox doesnt recognize my external hard drive: I just bought a 3.0 hard drive with a capacity of 2 tb, but my Xbox One doesn't recognize it. ¿What can I do to make it work? 955ce346-4413-4b2e-8101-dfea4e4c20b4
  3. XBOX One Not recognizing External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One Not recognizing External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: I am trying to use a Samsung SHP-ZA10K 1TB external hard drive for games and apps on a XBOX One console. It is definitely USB 3.0. The XBOX will not recognize the drive unless I use a powered...
  4. Xbox had system update last night now it's not recognizing external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox had system update last night now it's not recognizing external hard drive: Had a system update last night. Since than it won't recognize my 2 tb xbox seagate external. Still recognizes my ssd. But not my main. Have followed all trouble shooting and tried different ports....
  5. Xbox One S not recognizing External Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S not recognizing External Hard Drive: I have an Xbox One S with docking station. I have three hard drives hooked up to it. The Xbox One does not seem to recognize one of the hard drives now. Previously, it recognized all three. I...
  6. My Xbox One won't recognize my external hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One won't recognize my external hard drive?: Hello all. I have run out of room on my Xbox One internal hard drive, so I am re-purposing an old external hard drive to increase my storage. Unfortunately, when I plug the hard drive into the...
  7. Xbox one not recognizing full storage amount of Toshiba external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one not recognizing full storage amount of Toshiba external hard drive: My xbox one is connected to a Toshiba hard drive. The blue light is flashing. When i go to storage my hard drive doesn’t show ip, only the games stored on the xbox....
  8. Spontaneously stopped recognizing the external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Spontaneously stopped recognizing the external hard drive: I have the xbox approved Seagate 2 tb external hard drive for my xbox one x. I have had it for 13 months. The xbox suddenly stopped recognizing the hard drive. I switched and tried all three usb...
  9. Xbox One X Frequently Not Recognizing Healthy External Hard Drives, and Now...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Frequently Not Recognizing Healthy External Hard Drives, and Now...: And now, my Xbox is somehow installing Halo 5 Guardians, again. As soon as I put the disk in, it started installing. I assume there is a way to prevent it from making an immediate install of a...
  10. My xbox doesnt recognize my external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox doesnt recognize my external hard drive: I just bought a 3.0 hard drive with a capacity of 2 tb, but my Xbox One doesn't recognize it. ¿What can I do to make it work? 7ec19c3d-fdea-4369-bff3-cd78851ade59