XBOX One will power on when internal hdd is unplugged

Discus and support XBOX One will power on when internal hdd is unplugged in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am working on a used XB1 and it will not stay powered on, shuts down after 5-10 sec. Started unplugging components, found internal HDD unplugged will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FrederickRogers2, Oct 16, 2020.

1. XBOX One will power on when internal hdd is unplugged

I am working on a used XB1 and it will not stay powered on, shuts down after 5-10 sec. Started unplugging components, found internal HDD unplugged will let power stay on, but of course not boot. I configured and replaced with another but still same problem.
    I am not sure if it is the HDD cable or the motherboard. XB1 power supply is also new as original failed. Anyone have successfully solved this?

:)

FrederickRogers2, Oct 16, 2020
  2. oneandonlytyler Win User

im wondering now do i have the same problem,mine powers on for 10 seconds then shuts off immanently .ive tested power supply and that itself seems fine
  3. FrederickRogers2 Win User

Try unplugging hdd to see if it stays on.
  4. Bazajaytee Win User

Error code for three games

All three of those error codes are also Windows error codes related to corrupted files.

I see in another thread you tried unplugging your console.

Uninstall all of those games you mention above.

Unplug your console for 30 seconds (unplug from wall not just turn off)

Turn the console back on

If you are trying to install to an external HDD, try unplugging that and install to the internal HDD first.

If you have an external HDD but are trying to install to the Internal HDD then unplug the external one anyway and try installing your games.

If you are trying to install to an internal HDD, if you can get one try to install to an external HDD.
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Digital Copy of Fallout 4 Won't Launch

Hey The Riel Appeal,

Sorry to hear Fallout 4 isn't launching! Is there an error code that you are getting? If so, that would be good to have just in case! Also, when you mentioned you hard reset your Xbox One console, did you factory restore your Xbox One console through 'System
    settings'? Last question, is Fallout 4 installed on the Xbox One internal HDD, or an external HDD that's plugged in?

Let's begin by holding the power button until your Xbox One console fully powers down. Once the Xbox One is powered off, unplug the power cord and let the console sit for 3 minutes. Once the 3 minutes pass, plug everything back on and power on to test the
    results.

Once we have that extra information, we'll be able to help narrow down the issue! :)
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

XBOX ONE no reconoce HDMI T.V. LG

Hi Jose,

Thanks for the response. Do you have the original Xbox One with an external power supply or the Xbox One S or Xbox One X that has an internal power supply? Does the Xbox feel hot when it shuts down?

If not, then that is a sign of a failing power supply. Unplug the power cord from the console and also switch power outlets. Leave the console unplugged for a few minutes. Make sure the cable is firmly inserted after you wait a few minutes.
Thema:

1. XBOX One will power on when internal hdd is unplugged - Similar Threads - power internal hdd

2. Xbox one s screen and power issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s screen and power issue: I turned on my xbox one s and the screen looked all pixaly and had purple and green lines going across. Then it turned off by its self and i cant get it to turn on again. Help?...
  3. Buying a second power supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    Buying a second power supply: Hi, Like the title says, i want to buy a second power supply. My original power supply is working perfect. But my XOne(the first version) is downstrairs and from time to time i want to game...
  4. Xbox One Power brick replacement for International voltage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Power brick replacement for International voltage: Hello, I m looking to get a Xbox One power brick that could have wider voltage range which could work both in US (110V) and also in India where I am currently residing (220V). Is it possible to...
  5. Xbox internal power supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox internal power supply?: Xbox turns on for 4 seconds and the shuts off f138c801-ef4c-4707-aca7-5a8f0b8fe960
  6. International Power Supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    International Power Supply: Hi, I'm living abroad in the Philippines until March. I have an original Xbox One and the power supply does not support the voltage over here. Any idea where I can get a replacement power...
  7. Project Scorpio Will Have An Internal Power Supply & 4k DVR Capture!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Project Scorpio Will Have An Internal Power Supply & 4k DVR Capture!: Click Bait! c367a8f7-ac0d-48ef-a5fb-527624953656
  8. Power Supply Weird Noise + International Use

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply Weird Noise + International Use: Hi, I bought my xbox one back in 2013, and recently I started to hear a loud noise from my XBO power supply (when it's plugged in to my XBO), wondering if that is normal...? I searched online and...
  9. Power supply and international move

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power supply and international move: Hi there i have an X box 360 I purchased in the UK in 2011. I will be relocating to Japan at the end of the year- will I need to get a new power supply? Are there any other issues I need to think...
  10. International Power Brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    International Power Brick: Hey everyone! I'm planning on getting an Xbox One through a friend in Canada. I'm currently living in the Middle East(Oman). Setting it up here would result in the power brick frying up due to...