Xbox One wired controller disconnect on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Xbox One wired controller disconnect on Windows 10 PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; [img] My wired xbox one controller keeps disconnecting seemingly at random. Sometimes I can play for 10-20 min with no issue, other times it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sinnera737, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Sinnera737
    Sinnera737 Guest

Xbox One wired controller disconnect on Windows 10 PC [​IMG]

My wired xbox one controller keeps disconnecting seemingly at random. Sometimes I can play for 10-20 min with no issue, other times it disconnects as soon as I plug it in. Whenever it does though, that error message appears. I have looked issue and have
    tried uninstalling the xbox gaming device under xbox peripherals and restarted the computer. This appeared to work for about 20 min or so before it disconnected again mid-gameplay. The other method mentioned using the troubleshooter under 'Hardware & Devices,'
    however that menu was changed to have several different options rather than the 'Hardware & Devices' option, and none of the current options seem to work for a controller issue. I've tried everything that I could find so I'm really hoping you can help me with
    this. The controller is an Xbox One Kingdom Hearts 3 edition in case that helps in some way. Thanks in advanced.

:)

Sinnera737, Jun 7, 2019
  2. Miss Bijoux Win User

Xbox 360 controller to windows store games Wont work

Hey there!

Are you trying to connect a wireless Xbox 360 controller to your Windows 10 PC or is it a wired controller? If it's a wired one, here are the steps to

calibrate your controller with your Windows PC.
    You'll want to follow those steps and be sure that everything is set up correctly and try again.

Keep us posted! :)
  3. Starfyrez Win User

Turn off vibration on a wired Xbox 360 controller??

I am not on console, I am on a PC with Windows 10 with a wired Xbox 360 controller.
  4. AngelObullets Win User

Hi there Sinnera737

Please double check if you are using a powered USB or Non powered usb Each system varies so you will need to double check which one seems to be working fine and which ones are not.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Try changing the cable. Any USB to Micro USB that is capable of both charging and data transfer will suffice, doesn't need to be MS branded.

Check that and see if the issue goes away.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Laptop not detecting xbox 360 wired controller

Are you sure the Xbox 360 is a wired Xbox 360 controller, and not connected by a separate cable like the play and charge cable? If it is the play and charge cable, it will not work on Windows 10, as it only charges the batteries on a PC. If it is a actual
    wired controller, then Windows 10 should detect and then download the drivers if needed.

More info on connecting a 360 controller to a PC can be found here
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup
Thema:

1. Xbox One wired controller disconnect on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - wired controller disconnect

2. XB1 Spectra Pro Wired Controller Disconnecting Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    XB1 Spectra Pro Wired Controller Disconnecting Issues: I am trying to play a game like Rocket League and all of a sudden when I press a certain button, my controller disconnects for 3 seconds and then reconnects. I tried multiple methods but they...
  3. Xbox series X controller disconnecting while wired

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X controller disconnecting while wired: I just got a replacement for my controller and now this one shows up with a new problem. As soon as I downloaded the update for the controller when I use it wired it disconnects randomly all the...
  4. wired Xbox controller keeps disconnecting from pc (rocket league)

in XBoX on Windows
    wired Xbox controller keeps disconnecting from pc (rocket league): Ive seen heaps of these but they have came to no fix. so heres the story: my controller keeps randomly disconnecting from rocket league. ive done everything ive seen on reddit, here and more...
  5. wired xbox one controller randomly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    wired xbox one controller randomly disconnecting: I have a wired controller that I use on my xbox. For the past two months, it has randomly disconnected every few minutes and has caused me to die countless times in games. I feel like it might be...
  6. Xbox Controller Headset (wired) disconnecting everytime I move

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Headset (wired) disconnecting everytime I move: I play r6 alot my headset was working fine today and then it stoped working and said the xbox one could not detect a headset/mic connected to the controller everytime i move it disconnecs does...
  7. My wired headphones randomly disconnecting, or is it my controller??

in XBoX Accessibility
    My wired headphones randomly disconnecting, or is it my controller??: Just started 2 days ago, never had a problem with my headphones until now. So basically, my audio works fine, then the audio gets muted or i can’t hear it for like 15 seconds... then it gets...
  8. Xbox One wired controller randomly disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wired controller randomly disconnects: So I have 3 Xbox Controllers. One has a broken USB port and can only connect to the console wireless, but it won't work wireless on my Xbox, like any other controller. The second one has a fixed...
  9. Xbox One controller wired audio cuts out or disconnects from console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller wired audio cuts out or disconnects from console: I'm using an Xbox One controller from Costco on an Xbox One X. I've previously experienced very occasional disconnects with this controller, and have replaced it once. The controller is fully up...
  10. Wired Elite controller 2 keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Windows
    Wired Elite controller 2 keeps disconnecting: 2 day old elite controller 2 was working perfectly but now the connection may randomly turn off and it may take a few attempts to reconnect it which I do buy replugging the usb-c. To be clear the...