Xbox one wireless adapter stopped working.

Discus and support Xbox one wireless adapter stopped working. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My wireless adapter stopped working. every time i plug it in the message usb device not recognized pops up. In the device manager it says 'Unknown USB... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Larsvan der Wilk, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Xbox one wireless adapter stopped working.

My wireless adapter stopped working. every time i plug it in the message usb device not recognized pops up. In the device manager it says 'Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)'. I'm sure the adapter is causing the problem because i tried
    plugging it in in two other pc's and the same problem occurred.

I already tried the following:

- manually installing the drivers. windows keep saying the best drivers are already installed.

- uninstalling the usb root hub.

- running hardware troubleshooter

The adapter is a few months old, i got it last Christmas. I really hope it didn't just brake or something.

:)

Larsvan der Wilk, Mar 20, 2020
  2. aMexicanErb Win User

3. {Parity} Win User

Have you tried doing a cold boot of the PC? You may be correct it may have just failed.
  4. DarthPapaBear Win User

Must test connection before I can connect to Xbox Live

Live is up & running. I am not banned or suspended.

I tried a wired connection & it worked immediately. I have now reset the network setup with the wireless, and on first start up it worked, but this has happened before. On 2nd start up, it has worked again. We'll see if it continues, but I have my doubts.
    Is it possible my wireless adapter (it's the official xbox wireless adapter, but it is quite old) simply stopped working correctly? I have another wireless adapter (not microsoft or official xbox) that I can try.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC

Incidentally, I checked on the page where one buys the receiver, and it says that it works for *any* wireless Xbox controller, so that shouldn't be the issue either.
    Can you point us to the page so we can see which wireless adapter you bought?

Due to a change in the wireless protocol, Xbox 360 and Xbox One use a completely different "language" to talk wireless.

So unless a third party created a wireless receiver that can talk both protocols, I'm afraid the Xbox 360 controller will NOT work with a Xbox One compliant wireless adapter.

It might be, that the page says that you can use "any" Xbox One controller with the Adapter (e.g. standard wireless controllers, the Elite wireless controller, the wireless speed wheel, etc.), but you will NOT be able to use Xbox 360 accessories with a Xbox
    One wireless adapter.
  6. Mister Fitzer Win User

Wireless adapter has stopped working!

If the adapter is lighting up when it's plugged into ANY of the USB ports, then it will need to be replaced. To be sure, you can try it on a different console. When was it purchased? Xbox 360 accessories have a 90-day warranty when purchased new.
Thema:

1. Xbox one wireless adapter stopped working. - Similar Threads - wireless adapter stopped

2. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller and Wireless Adapter for Windows (stopped working)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller and Wireless Adapter for Windows (stopped working): I have an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller and a Wireless Adapter for Windows. I am running Windows 10 on my PC. My Wireless Adapter for Windows stopped working today after I started my computer....
  3. Xbox Wireless Adapter works on one Windows 10 PC but not the other?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Adapter works on one Windows 10 PC but not the other?: My Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows works on my Win 10 laptop but not my Win 10 desktop. On the desktop, the Xbox One controller and adapter both flash and if I try using the sync button never...
  4. Xbox wireless adapter has no drivers

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox wireless adapter has no drivers: Bluetooth on my computer is ****. Because of this, I bought a wireless adapter so that I could play with my controller wirelessly and not have to break a bunch of microUSB cables. I took my...
  5. Xbox one controller not connecting to Xbox Wireless Adapter for win10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one controller not connecting to Xbox Wireless Adapter for win10: Hello, So, I have an odd situation. My Xbox one controller won't connect wirelessly to the adapter, but I can connect wired to my PC. It worked wirelessly for months, then suddenly stopped...
  6. Wireless Controller Adapter stopped working

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Controller Adapter stopped working: Hello, i have a problem with my "Microsoft Xbox One Wireless Controller Adapter for Windows". Adapter has worked for over a year without a problem, but now the controller over the adapter does...
  7. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Faulty Wifi adapter - Stops working intermittently

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: Faulty Wifi adapter - Stops working intermittently: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Faulty Wifi adapter - Stops working intermittently Hi, I'm facing a problem with my Xbox one X. Sometimes my console won't recognize any WiFi networks. I can't see my...
  8. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox One wireless adapter has stopped working properly since Windows ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox One wireless adapter has stopped working properly since Windows ...: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox One wireless adapter has stopped working properly since Windows update Ever since I got an update on January 23rd, the adapter refuses to stay connected to my Xbox...
  9. Wireless stopped working, says I need network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless stopped working, says I need network adapter?: My 3 year old 360 started kicking me out of Live, stalling when streaming, disconnecting from online apps, etc. a few weeks ago, and countless trips to the support pages didn't stop the issue. We...
  10. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows stopped working: Hello, i have a wireless xbox 360 controller and the adapter stopped working. The light on it is off. It's looks like my computer don't detect it anymore. That don't come from the USB port,...