Xbox One Wireless controller acting on its own

Discus and support Xbox One Wireless controller acting on its own in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! I work at a group home, and one of the people who lives here got a new xbox wireless carbon black controller. He’s on his second one now because... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Clinkex, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Clinkex
    Clinkex Guest

Hi!

I work at a group home, and one of the people who lives here got a new xbox wireless carbon black controller. He’s on his second one now because the first one had the same problem.
    What’s happening is that whenever we try to use it, it clicks up the menu and search bar and so on. I’ve tried to reinstall and so on, but nothing works. Since it’s not mine I don’t want to open it up. Has anyone else encountered these problems?

:)

Clinkex, Feb 23, 2021
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

The signal disappears on the xbox one gamepad

Hello there,

I have split your post into its own thread in order to help you out directly. This sounds like you are having issues with your Xbox one controller. If you haven't already, please check out the troubleshooting listed on this article here :

Troubleshoot your Xbox One wireless controller

Let us know if this helps!
  3. BrianBurwell Win User

controller acting weird

I am also having the same problem, and I know its not the controller because it is doing with all 4 of my controllers, the left stick acts like there is latency, has to be a problem with the wireless signal at the console, and its sad with all these posts
    and no response from Microsoft....and they wonder why most of us wont buy the xbox one, how about you get one console working right.......
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Power consumtion with Xbox controller

Hi,

I think there have been some confusion with the answers here. Xbox One Controllers on PC can connect in three different ways.

USB

Your PC's USB port will charge the battery during play or just power the controller if no battery present.

Bluetooth Your controller will be connected to the PC wireless via the BT protocol.

Official Xbox One PC wireless receiver

The wireless receiver uses its own wireless protocol (it's not Bluetooth), provides slightly more features and is easier to pair with the PC. It may or may not use more power, it really depends on how you're using it. Obviously it will use more power if
    you use a mic or headphones.

One controller on its own with no mic or headphones should use the same power consumption as Bluetooth.
  5. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Controllers

Have two wireless controllers connected to the Xbox One. It sees the two controllers, but they act as one. We've turned co-piloting on and off this has not helped. Ideas / suggestions?
    Also check for updates while your in that sub menu
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox360 Controller USB Incompatibility with PC

Hi,

To use an Xbox 360 controller on its own on a PC, it must a wired controller. It does not matter if the USB port is 3.0, USB 2.0 devices will work on USB 3.0 ports.
    The Xbox 360 Play and Charge can not send controller data back to the PC. It will only charge the battery, or power the controller if no battery is present. A play and charge for 360 controllers is a charger, nothing
    more.

Xbox 360 wireless controllers are always wireless. To use a Xbox 360 wireless controller on a PC, you'll need an Xbox 360 gaming receiver.

Only the Wireless Xbox One controllers can be made wired with the correct Micro USB sync and charge type cable.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Wireless controller acting on its own - Similar Threads - Wireless controller acting

2. Xbox Series X controller on PC, no sound through jack when wireless

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X controller on PC, no sound through jack when wireless: I have a brand new xbox series x controller with the latest firmware installed which i'm using on a windows 10 gaming laptop, with all the latest updates. I get sound when i use a headset attached...
  3. xbox wireless adapter for controler

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox wireless adapter for controler: When I plug in the adapter, it does not make a noise and no where in the device manager does it show up. I have tried it on a laptop and it had the same issue. c2f70097-6661-4d56-a624-3a340859e315
  4. Xbox wireless controller not staying on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless controller not staying on: Ah hello everyone yesterday my xbox controller wouldnt stay on or connect to my xbox even if plugged in, so i orderd a carbon black xbox wireless controller because the new ones are bluetooth...
  5. Xbox wireless controller will not connect to my android phone

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox wireless controller will not connect to my android phone: I have a brand new oneplus nord n100 and everytime i try and connect my controller up, it gives me the pin and passcode error that everyone sees. I have seen methods to get around that but then i...
  6. Xbox wireless controller (Latest "Core Controller") Windows 10 PC Z-Axis Joystick problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox wireless controller (Latest "Core Controller") Windows 10 PC Z-Axis Joystick problem: TLDR; Newest Xbox Wireless Controller Still has Z axis Joystick problems on PC, even on a brand new Windows 10 gaming PC. Wow this is disappointing... Another OLD issue for the new wireless...
  7. Xbox One controller acting weird when used wireless on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller acting weird when used wireless on PC: Hey everyone, This issue started recently but I haven't been able to get to the bottom of it. My Xbox One controller (bought earlier this year) had been working fine while connected via USB or...
  8. L trigger on XB1 wireless controller acts as if being pressed rapidly

in XBoX on Consoles
    L trigger on XB1 wireless controller acts as if being pressed rapidly: I have a brand new XB1 wireless controller connected to my PC through bluetooth. When I press the L trigger it acts as if I'm pressing it rapidly... unless I push it ALL the way down. I have to...
  9. Xbox One Wireless Controller WITH Wireless Adapter, acting as though the right trigger is ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Wireless Controller WITH Wireless Adapter, acting as though the right trigger is ...: So, I know this issue exists even when the Xbox One controller is plugged in, and I managed to fix it then. I bought the Xbox One Wireless Adapter for PC in the hopes that I could use my Xbox One...
  10. New wireless control acting strange

in XBoX on Consoles
    New wireless control acting strange: I received my new wireless control from amazon, since my original was broken by my grandson after towing it hard. I did the procedure of connecting after inserting a fully charged battery pack...