Xbox One won't turn back on after hard power down

Discus and support Xbox One won't turn back on after hard power down in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was using my Xbox One last night and this morning, and it was working perfectly fine. I did a hard power down and left the console off for a few... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cnm09006, Apr 18, 2020.

1. cnm09006
    cnm09006 Guest

I was using my Xbox One last night and this morning, and it was working perfectly fine. I did a hard power down and left the console off for a few hours, and now when I try to power it on it is completely unresponsive. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting
    the power cords multiple times, I've also tried letting it sit completely disconnected for an hour or so and it still won't power on. Has this happened to anyone before? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

cnm09006, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Bigant403 Win User

Which method do you try to turn it on: Controller, the actual machine, or both? Sounds like the cord in between the adapter and the console may be faulty or even the console itself. I would suggest trying another cord first before getting the console checked.
  3. cnm09006 Win User

Yep, I tried another outlet and the same thing happens. The light on the power brick is orange when I plug it into the wall. When I plug the other end into the console the light stays lit orange, and maybe gets ever so slightly dimmer but its barely noticeable
  4. Bigant403 Win User

Additionally, have you tried using another outlet or does the adapter light up when plugged?
  5. cnm09006 Win User

Yeah, I've tried those steps multiple times already but the issue is still happening. Not sure why it would just stop working like that after a hard power down.
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Yep, I tried another outlet and the same thing happens. The light on the power brick is orange when I plug it into the wall. When I plug the other end into the console the light stays lit orange, and maybe gets ever so slightly dimmer but its barely
    noticeable
    Hi cnm09006

Scroll down to "If the LED in on" in this support page, Reset power supply solution and
    follow the steps to help you resolve this issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox One won't turn back on after hard power down - Similar Threads - won't turn hard

2. My xbox one won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one won't turn on: The other day where I'm from we've had some storms and later that day I was on my Xbox and I guess a power line went down and my power went out. When the power came back on I tried turning on my...
  3. : Xbox won't turn on

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox won't turn on: : Xbox won't turn on Hello MarjanHabib, Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your console is not turning on. We have a support article that provides troubleshooting for a...
  4. Xbox One Original won't turn on power brick light goes off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Original won't turn on power brick light goes off: I tried the Xbox One power supply solution multiple times and it hasn't helped. The power brick's light dies as soon as it is plugged in. I waited 10 seconds and it still doesn't work at all. Does...
  5. The controller that came with my xbox says it is wireless but won't turn on unless it is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The controller that came with my xbox says it is wireless but won't turn on unless it is...: So I got an xbox at the start if quarantine and the controller that came with it is supposed to be wireless. The controller came with batteries that I assume were charged. I went to turn it on...
  6. Meu Xbox 360 não liga [My Xbox 360 won't turn on]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Meu Xbox 360 não liga [My Xbox 360 won't turn on]: [img] acabei de comprar um xbox 360 modelo elite, e na hora de ligar não funcionou, nao acendeu nem a luz da fonte. O que eu achei estranho foi o fato da fonte não acender sendo que mesmo se...
  7. Xbox one won't show video or sound and controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't show video or sound and controller won't turn on: I woke up to my Xbox not showing video,sound, and my controller will not connect I have tried already every single thing this website has to offer and nothing works I really don't have the funds...
  8. My Xbox won't come up on my tv for the HDM1 / Also turns off randomly. HELP!

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox won't come up on my tv for the HDM1 / Also turns off randomly. HELP!: Title basically says all, I played on my xbox like 2 weeks ago fine, but now, it won't even come up on the tv anymore and I've done all the reseting methods and the xbox turns on then when I...
  9. Xbox one não liga[Translation-Xbox one won't turn on]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one não liga[Translation-Xbox one won't turn on]: Olá! identifiquei o componente C5C8 queimado na placa, gostaria de saber as especificações dele ou o esquema elétrico da placa do Xbox one 1540 agradeço [Translation-Hello! i identified the...
  10. Gears of War 4 Açılmıyor [Edit - Translation] - Gears of War 4 Won't Turn On

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears of War 4 Açılmıyor [Edit - Translation] - Gears of War 4 Won't Turn On: Merhaba, PC için Xbox Game Pass'i aldıktan sonra Gears of War serisine başladım. İlk oyunu sıkıntısız oynadıktan sonra 4. oyunu oynamaya karar verdim. O da sıkıntısız bir şekilde açıldı. Biraz...