Xbox One X 1080p Blu Ray Discs

Discus and support Xbox One X 1080p Blu Ray Discs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there a way to force the Xbox One X to output 1080p when playing first gen blu ray discs? Changing resolution manually to 1080p in video output... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EvanLowrance, Oct 26, 2019.

1. EvanLowrance
    EvanLowrance Guest

Is there a way to force the Xbox One X to output 1080p when playing first gen blu ray discs? Changing resolution manually to 1080p in video output settings doesn't prevent the Blu Ray player app changing the resolution back to 4k.

:)

EvanLowrance, Oct 26, 2019
  2. matthewiag Win User

4K content

Xbox One and Xbox One S are 1080P Gaming

Xbox One S will play 4K Blu Ray's

Xbox One X will play Game in 4K if they are Enhanced with 4K Support + 4k Blu Ray support

They Xbox One X will also Upscale on a 1080p screen so you will see some benefit of the Xbox One X
  3. ItsParN Win User

UHD bluray problem XBox one S

Miss Bijoux

Easy one first - Please double check that you are using the UHD disc and not the 1080p Blu-Ray disc of your movie.! I ts a UHD blu ray

Where are you seeing that your Blu-Ray is only being shown in 1080p? Info button on my remote

What movies are you experiencing this with? The martian

I re installing the aps and noting change ! 1080p again :(
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One X recognizes no backwards compatible 360-disc / triggers no download

Hi,

Sounds like the laser in your console's Blu-ray drive has a hardware issue.

To test if your Xbox One X has issues reading discs, try playing a DVD movie disc. If can't read DVD movie discs either then your console has a hardware fault.

Note: It must be a DVD movie disc, not a Blu-ray movie disc.

There are two lasers in the Blu-ray drive, one for reading Blu-ray discs and one for DVD discs. Xbox One games use Blu-ray and the 360 console used a DVD drive.
  5. Capt Smiley Win User

Blu-ray app distorts image when playing DVDs but Blu-ray is OK

I tried a brand new HDMI cable. No change. DVDs are still switched to 1080p and are distorted. I need to make one correction though. A disc I thought was Blu-ray that also showed this problem was actually a DVD - not a Blu-ray., so the symptoms haven't
    changed. Blu-ray Discs are not affected and continue to be played properly at 720p.
  6. Cliff Fornwalt Win User

NETFLIX SUPERHD

Neftflix superHD is not just a marketing term. It's 1080p (vs. standard broadcast of 720p or 1080i). 1080p is the standard for Blu-Ray discs. Netflix superHD basically allows you to watch blu-ray quality video via streaming. Microsoft doesn't push Netflix
    to offer this for the same reason it doesn't have M-go on the xbox one: It competes with the Microsoft 1080p streaming app that is included with the xb1.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X 1080p Blu Ray Discs - Similar Threads - 1080p Blu Ray

2. HDR for 1440p 120hz / 1080p 120hz

in XboX Insiders
    HDR for 1440p 120hz / 1080p 120hz: Why haven't you fixed it yet huh?!!? Any apologies? You know ps4 pro has hdr support for all applications below 4k. Why aren't you capable as insider team to provide this new feature for 3 years?...
  3. HDR from XBOX 1s to LG 1080P Hdr tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR from XBOX 1s to LG 1080P Hdr tv: Can get my xbox to push out HDR to my tv. Xbox settings say tv doesnt support it. hdr10 is enabled on the xbox...any help? cc7feaba-3c9d-499a-a48a-868df59ebb49
  4. Xbox 1 will not work on new 1080p smart tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 will not work on new 1080p smart tv: I bought a new smart toshiba tv and my xbox one will not get a signal and will blur out. ive tried various ways to change the resolution and it wont help. MY 1080 never worked on my older tv and...
  5. My Xbox One S doesn't support resolution on my 1080p computer monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S doesn't support resolution on my 1080p computer monitor: Hello everyone, Recently i tried to connect my Xbox One S to my old ASUS VG236H through HDMI and it shows resolution for 480p,720p and 1080p but when i switch it to 720p or 1080p the screen goes...
  6. Xbox one display issue on 1080p

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one display issue on 1080p: Hi all, I recently got a new 4K TV and when I plugged in the Xbox One (original model) it started creating a bunch of tiny spots, horiziontal lines and sometimes cutting out the screen at random....
  7. Xbox one X error playing 1080p Blu Ray 0x91d7000a

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one X error playing 1080p Blu Ray 0x91d7000a: Hi all, I need some help. Currently I have my Xbox one X connected to my Vizio Dolby Atmos Soundbar via HDMI, my soundbar attached to my 4K TV via HDMI. They both support HDCP 2.2. I try to play...
  8. xbox one x stutter in 4k/1080p blu rays but not all

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox one x stutter in 4k/1080p blu rays but not all: Video stutters, it's like a sudden jump in motion, audio is fine the same time Basically this 4k works, no issue...
  9. XB1X Scorpio - 4K Blu-ray picture quality is worse than 1080p Blu-rays

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XB1X Scorpio - 4K Blu-ray picture quality is worse than 1080p Blu-rays: Recently got a Scorpio and have hooked it up to a 4K tv (Samsung MU7000). Everything 4k-wise is showing as supported and enabled, my TV is registering the HDR when I play 4K content, and games are...
  10. Xbox One S doesn't display 4k on Normal Blu Rays it converts 1080p

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S doesn't display 4k on Normal Blu Rays it converts 1080p: My xbox one S works greats with all Ultra Blu Ray plays them in 4k and video games in all 4k no issues with that . Tv set is UN65JS8500FXZA . I would of thought the player would upscale the...