Xbox One X 1080p Blu Ray Discs

Discus and support Xbox One X 1080p Blu Ray Discs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there a way to force the Xbox One X to output 1080p when playing first gen blu ray discs? Changing resolution manually to 1080p in video output... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EvanLowrance, Oct 26, 2019.

1. EvanLowrance
    EvanLowrance Guest

Is there a way to force the Xbox One X to output 1080p when playing first gen blu ray discs? Changing resolution manually to 1080p in video output settings doesn't prevent the Blu Ray player app changing the resolution back to 4k.

:)

EvanLowrance, Oct 26, 2019
  2. matthewiag Win User

4K content

Xbox One and Xbox One S are 1080P Gaming

Xbox One S will play 4K Blu Ray's

Xbox One X will play Game in 4K if they are Enhanced with 4K Support + 4k Blu Ray support

They Xbox One X will also Upscale on a 1080p screen so you will see some benefit of the Xbox One X
  3. ItsParN Win User

UHD bluray problem XBox one S

Miss Bijoux

Easy one first - Please double check that you are using the UHD disc and not the 1080p Blu-Ray disc of your movie.! I ts a UHD blu ray

Where are you seeing that your Blu-Ray is only being shown in 1080p? Info button on my remote

What movies are you experiencing this with? The martian

I re installing the aps and noting change ! 1080p again :(
  4. Capt Smiley Win User

Blu-ray app distorts image when playing DVDs but Blu-ray is OK

I tried a brand new HDMI cable. No change. DVDs are still switched to 1080p and are distorted. I need to make one correction though. A disc I thought was Blu-ray that also showed this problem was actually a DVD - not a Blu-ray., so the symptoms haven't
    changed. Blu-ray Discs are not affected and continue to be played properly at 720p.
  5. Cliff Fornwalt Win User

NETFLIX SUPERHD

Neftflix superHD is not just a marketing term. It's 1080p (vs. standard broadcast of 720p or 1080i). 1080p is the standard for Blu-Ray discs. Netflix superHD basically allows you to watch blu-ray quality video via streaming. Microsoft doesn't push Netflix
    to offer this for the same reason it doesn't have M-go on the xbox one: It competes with the Microsoft 1080p streaming app that is included with the xb1.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox cdrom or whatever people call it

Its a dvd
    Nope, not quite right.

Original Xbox - DVD

Xbox 360 - DVD (or more specifically, DVD-9).

Xbox One - Blu-ray

Xbox One S and X - UHD Blu-ray drive, but games still on standard Blu-ray.

Scarlet will have a UHD BD drive so that can still play all formats of movie discs. Likely that games will be on 100GB discs.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X 1080p Blu Ray Discs - Similar Threads - 1080p Blu Ray

2. Problem displaying in 1080p resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem displaying in 1080p resolution: I've played with my console ans this tv for the past 2 years without any problems, until last week. The screen of my console take half or 2/3 of my tv screen, instead taking all of it. I checked...
  3. Problème affichage en résolution 1080p [Translation - Problem displaying in 1080p resolution]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problème affichage en résolution 1080p [Translation - Problem displaying in 1080p resolution]: Bonjour, Je joue depuis environ 2 ans avec la même Xbox One S et la même TV en 1080p (option par défaut de base) sans avoir de problèmes. Mais lorsque j'ai allumé ma console hier soir pour...
  4. XBox One S started to say Dolby Vision is not supported by my TV and I had to use 1080p...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One S started to say Dolby Vision is not supported by my TV and I had to use 1080p...: What should I do? Changing TV is ridiculous as it is a good Philips 4K 49PUS6412. Will I continue watching 4K video BR Player still? XBOX device output is now 1080p!...
  5. xbox one x stutter in 4k/1080p blu rays but not all

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox one x stutter in 4k/1080p blu rays but not all: Video stutters, it's like a sudden jump in motion, audio is fine the same time Basically this 4k works, no issue...
  6. the xbox one x doesn't work on 1080p and 4k

in XBoX on Consoles
    the xbox one x doesn't work on 1080p and 4k: The xbox one x doesn't work on 4k and 1080p , I did everything in the troubleshooting, but the xbox still doesn't work on 4k and 1080p just on 720p , I changed the hdmi cables more than one time ,...
  7. 4K UHD vs 1080p setting option

in XBoX on Consoles
    4K UHD vs 1080p setting option: So finally got my xbox one setup to my receiver to push 4k/hdr10. My question is should I leave the resolution on the Xbox one x set to 4K UHD, or 1080p (with allow 4k & allow HDR10 on). My...
  8. The Orange Box is locked at 1080p on my Xbox One X even though the Microsoft site says it’s...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Orange Box is locked at 1080p on my Xbox One X even though the Microsoft site says it’s...: I just bought a physical copy of The Orange Box(Half-Life). Over at the Microsoft site it says that The Orange Box is Xbox One X Enhanced & that it can be played in 4K. However, when I go into...
  9. XB1X Scorpio - 4K Blu-ray picture quality is worse than 1080p Blu-rays

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XB1X Scorpio - 4K Blu-ray picture quality is worse than 1080p Blu-rays: Recently got a Scorpio and have hooked it up to a 4K tv (Samsung MU7000). Everything 4k-wise is showing as supported and enabled, my TV is registering the HDR when I play 4K content, and games are...
  10. Xbox One S doesn't display 4k on Normal Blu Rays it converts 1080p

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S doesn't display 4k on Normal Blu Rays it converts 1080p: My xbox one S works greats with all Ultra Blu Ray plays them in 4k and video games in all 4k no issues with that . Tv set is UN65JS8500FXZA . I would of thought the player would upscale the...