Xbox One X - Accessories App won't open

Discus and support Xbox One X - Accessories App won't open in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought and sync'd the MS wireless headset last night. The console 'Accessories App' launched for a second and then failed. Now it will only show... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kermit303, Apr 17, 2021.

1. kermit303
    kermit303 Guest

I just bought and sync'd the MS wireless headset last night. The console 'Accessories App' launched for a second and then failed. Now it will only show the splash screen.

I have reset the console, turned off and unplugged the console, did a factory reset with 'keep games and apps', and just about everything else but a full system refresh with deleting games and apps...

Reading through the internet, I have not found a solution.

Any help is welcome.

:)

kermit303, Apr 17, 2021
  2. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox Accessories App Won't Open

Hi there,

Thanks for the update. To troubleshoot this further, try an
    Offline System Update
    . The OSU allows you to update the console with the most stable version of the Xbox operating system, which can correct software issues with recent updates etc.

I hope this helps.
  3. ꓢꓱꓧꓕꓯꓱ Win User

Thanks for trying to help,

But you can close this thread. I just did something similar and jumped into the Skip Ahead Alpha to not only see if would fix it, but to report it if it crashed at launch. And it crashed, again.

Sigh :( This Xbox Elite Controller is pointless now, since I can't configure it.
  4. XBF George L Win User

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having trouble with you're Xbox Accessories App. Have you tried removing and reinstalling the app?

How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10
    . From the Xbox Console you can highlight the image of the App and press the "menu" button with the three little lines. and go to "Manage game & add ons" and "Uninstall All". Then just recover it from the
    store. Let us know with a reply how it goes.
  5. ꓢꓱꓧꓕꓯꓱ Win User

It's a preinstalled application I can't uninstall and reinstall it. And I don't use Window 10 or want upgrade either.
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

holding x button in game opens up another screen

Are you playing on Windows 10 or Xbox One?

If on Xbox One, I would recommend checking out the
    Xbox Acessories app
    for if it's configured to open the guide when you hold the button down.

If on Windows 10, then I would recommend checking out the Game Bar settings in Settings > Gaming > Game Bar and see if you have a shortcut set to open that app.

Might also be an issue with the controller, where pressing the X button also inadvertently 'presses' the Guide button on the controller?

Anyways, let us know if you have any questions about that.

Best of luck!
Thema:

1. Xbox One X - Accessories App won't open - Similar Threads - Accessories App won't

2. Xbox accessories app doesnt show controller colour correctly (Win 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox accessories app doesnt show controller colour correctly (Win 10): Its rather annoying to have purposefully bought two different colour controllers to not mix them up, but then in the accessories app it displays them both as black, and doesnt even let you change...
  3. Xbox Accessories app on PC dosnt work properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Accessories app on PC dosnt work properly: Hi so my problem is this, i bought a new xbox controller, i plug it via usb to pc and downloaded the Xbox accessories app from store, i start and everything works fine, i even did the firmware...
  4. A request to add invert x-axis for accessories app

in XboX Insiders
    A request to add invert x-axis for accessories app: We are able to invert the y-axis but not the x-axis on the accessories app. There are certain games like Ninja Gaiden Black that would benefit greatly from us being able to invert the x-axis....
  5. Xbox wireless controller won't work in Accessories app test mode (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox wireless controller won't work in Accessories app test mode (PC): I tried to test the controller buttons in Xbox Accessories app on Win10, but the test mode wouldn't work at all. 1403fd05-1850-49ce-89ac-c463093f6d10
  6. Xbox Accessories App Won't Launch (Crashes before app even starts)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Accessories App Won't Launch (Crashes before app even starts): I have tried the following - Offline System Update - Restarting Console - Reset But Keep App and Games - Power Cycle Please note that the Xbox Accessories App is preinstalled in the Xbox One...
  7. Xbox Accessories App Won't Launch on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Accessories App Won't Launch on Xbox One: I already posted a similar question, but the issue was never resolved, so I'm posting again to get eyes on it again. I've tried power cycling the system (including a physical one), restarting the...
  8. Xbox Accessories App Won't Launch on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Accessories App Won't Launch on Xbox One: I've tried power cycling the system and restarting the application, but still, every time I try to launch the Xbox Accessories application, it shows the app logo, then closes to the home screen....
  9. XBox Accessories App won't keep my configuration on Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Accessories App won't keep my configuration on Bluetooth: I recently downloaded the Xbox Accessories app for my XBox controller when I opened it, it says 'This controller is connected via Bluetooth. Connect with a USB cable to configure it.' So I...
  10. Xbox Accessories App Won't Open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Accessories App Won't Open: Hello, My PC uses Windows 8.1 I'm using a Xbox One S with the public OS. The problem is that the Xbox Accessories App keeps crashing every time I open it. I tried: Hard Resetting Clearing...