Xbox One X Backwards Compatibility Not Reading Disc

Discus and support Xbox One X Backwards Compatibility Not Reading Disc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've had my Xbox One X for probably over a year now and wanted to play some of my old 360 games on it but when I insert the disc nothing happens. There... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TonekoMG, Nov 9, 2019.

1. TonekoMG
    TonekoMG Guest

I've had my Xbox One X for probably over a year now and wanted to play some of my old 360 games on it but when I insert the disc nothing happens. There is no spin up sound for the disc being read or anything indicating the system acknowledges there is
    a disc in it on screen. I tried several 360 games, and yes they're all on the backwards compatible list, and nothing works. When I insert a Xbox One game I can hear it spinning right away and it asks if I want to install or play the game depending on which
    one I inserted. I know my system can read 360 disc because I installed Halo Reach a few months back but now it tells me to insert the game disc even if its already in the system.

:)

TonekoMG, Nov 9, 2019
  2. XBF Javier R Win User

Xbox 360 games on Xbox ONE

Hello Zipel,

We understand that your question is in regards to how backwards compatibility works on the Xbox One console when it comes to disc copies.

Our suggestion here is to read through our direct article in relation to this, our
    playing backward-compatible games on your Xbox One indicates the following:

How to play backward-compatible games on Xbox One

Just pop your game disc into your Xbox One. If a digital game you bought is compatible with Xbox One, look for it in your games list under
    Ready to install.

We hope this information helps, and we wish you the best!
  3. CHAD TPRUITT Win User

XBL cross console compatability?

Yeah...I have already brought that up on another thread after reading in the "Your Guide To The Xbox One" mag that there will be no disc or XBLA backwards compatibility with the 360.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Request a refund for a digital purchase

If you are trying to find the game on your Xbox One X that is what the problem is.

The game Remember Me for the Xbox 360 is NOT a backwards compatible game.

Here is a link to a list of games that are currently backwards compatible.

Backwards compatible list

This is why it is not showing up on your Xbox One X.

Until they put it on that list it will not be able to be played on Any Xbox One
  5. pr1malg3ar Win User

Where is the buy digital download for this game on XBOX ONE Store?

Backwards compatibility

According to this link the first Halo in the series is only backwards compatible with disc and not digital
  6. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Off the top of my head the first thing that comes to mind is that there could be something wrong with the disc reader or, some of the discs themselves. Try cleaning some of the discs with a soft cloth and trying to get them to play in the Xbox One. If they're
    on the backwards compatibility list and are on disc I can't fathom any issue other than some games not installing properly because the disc could be damaged. A damaged game disc could negatively effect the console's ability to read it, download, and give you
    access to the disc.

Try this troubleshooter. It may help.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-playing-xbox-360-games-on-xbox-one
Thema:

1. Xbox One X Backwards Compatibility Not Reading Disc - Similar Threads - Backwards Compatibility Reading

2. Certain "backwards compatible" games not working on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Certain "backwards compatible" games not working on Xbox One: I purchased the 360 edition of Assassin's Creed Rogue, with the intention of playing it on my Xbox One S. When I inserted the disc, it said "This game is not compatible on Xbox One". Same thing...
  3. Choppy videos in backward compatible games and even outright unplayable games, is there a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Choppy videos in backward compatible games and even outright unplayable games, is there a...: Hello, I'm playing a lot of backward compatible games and I notice in quite a few of them, videos run very badly. Just two examples: - Dragon Age Origins Videos stops every other second, making...
  4. Crysis 3 backwards compatible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crysis 3 backwards compatible: Trying to play Crysis 3 on xbox one S but error code comes up saying its not ‘playable here’ although its on the back compatible list.. can anyone help? dd102553-2724-454a-b35b-4b9483fc8519
  5. My xbox 1 s can't read 360 backward compatible games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox 1 s can't read 360 backward compatible games: Yes, my xbox 1 s wont read 360 disc, it works on my older xbox 1, but not on either of my 1 s Just brings up blue ray player and say wrong disc type, the one s does play xbox 1 games and DVD just...
  6. Backward compatible 360 disc wont read in my one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backward compatible 360 disc wont read in my one.: None of my backwards compatible 360 disc dont wan to read most of the time, they have little to no scratches on them and my Xbone games read right away so I know its not the disc drive....
  7. Backwards compatible 360 discs and dvd are not reading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards compatible 360 discs and dvd are not reading: i have tried several 360 discs and dvd movies in both my xbox one and xbox 360 they work fine in the 360 but my xbox one doesnt read them at all even backwards compatible games the worked fine...
  8. backwards compatability...mods please read!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    backwards compatability...mods please read!: so, i've bin wondering why DBX hasn't been made backwards compatable...my first guess was because its available in the store as an xbox one game but i really feel that people like myself who...
  9. 360 backwards compatible game disc not reading

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 backwards compatible game disc not reading: My xbox one not reading any xbox 360 backwards compatible game discs was told to report on here for help but I no it won't happen. f7dd301f-2834-40b4-a198-598291076068
  10. Xbox won't read backwards compatibility discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't read backwards compatibility discs: Tried two different BC games both have same error message make sure using xb1 game CD DVD Blu-ray (0x80820002) I've done a factory reset one that doesn't delete games and apps, all of the games...