Xbox One X Beta Ring Turns off unexpectedly 4K Native HDR playback

Discus and support Xbox One X Beta Ring Turns off unexpectedly 4K Native HDR playback in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have been a Beta ring user for a few years now and we just finally got the 4K TV's I wanted for my office and when i am playing one of the 3 Xbox One... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/iceystreeeet, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Xbox One X Beta Ring Turns off unexpectedly 4K Native HDR playback

I have been a Beta ring user for a few years now and we just finally got the 4K TV's I wanted for my office and when i am playing one of the 3 Xbox One X's in the house on the 4K HDR setting after a 45 mins to an 1 hour it shuts off the whole console goes off. I have never had this issue with regular 1080P 30 FPS I am on the latest beta ring build. This is happening with all 3 Xbox's

I've been able to narrow down the issue: It only happens during playback of 4K HDR games. The console shuts off and im left looking at a screen. I have it in an opened area, No dust nothing blocking the vents.

I have no idea why its doing this but 1080P Playback works fine looks great on my 4K TV but i want the 4K to natively work as advertised reason we bought 3 Xbox One X's for the house.

submitted by /u/iceystreeeet
    [link] [comments]

/u/iceystreeeet, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Zahidul I. Chowdhury Win User

XBOX ONE S poor HDR support with UHD BluRays

I'm having similar issue with HDR content especially through 4K UHD Blu-ray playback. There seems to be no fix for past 10 months. This is very poor of Microsoft to ignore. Now that Xbox One X is out, it too have HDR issues with 4K UHD player & Netflix app.
  3. Cloud Gear 13 Win User

Red dots all over screen with brand new Xbox one X

Hello, I suggest do try Power Cycle: first turn off the Xbox by pressing/holding xbox button on the console for 10 seconds it should turn off automatically then then it on by pressing the controller button. If those not work follow these instructions on
    this link Troubleshooting 4K and HDR on Xbox One X and Xbox One S if first step doesn't work final choice is to call Xbox
    support to see what you can do.
  4. Windows10XboxOne Win User

DirectX 12

Getting games to run in 1080p on the xbox one is one thing but getting smooth playback at native 4k resolutions doesn't seem possible.
  5. Tom Montgomery Win User

Xbox one X horrible HDR video display ( both 4K blu-ray and Netflix)

Am looking into getting a 4k HDR TV to go with my new Xbox One X, but problems like this are making me worry about the advantage of the Xbox One X overall. I realise this is a complicated area of technology, but the fact that you can't just turn off HDR for
    an app that doesn't work correctly with it means you're stuck with bad issues like this.
  6. Lakn Win User

Epson 5040UB : Your TV setup doesn't support HDR10 for gaming. Games won't be shown in HDR

Yep. I think there will be a lot of dissapointed people when they find out their 4K HDR TV won't play Xbox One 4K games because they don't have a full 18Gig HDMI pipe.

The requirement from the X to have 4K @60 and 30 Bits just to play a 4K game seems off. I can see where the bandwidth requirement would be there for 4K @60 with HDR, but I'd like to play the game in either 4K without HDR or 1080P with HDR but the current
    setup on the X (and S) will not let you do this.

Odd thing is that I played Horizons:Zero Dawn on my PS4 Pro and the first thing it did was tell me I could have either 4K or HDR but not both. I chose HDR and the game looks fantastic. I can't believe the XBOX One X won't do this.

So, if you have a display that does 4K@ 24 with HDR then the XBOX One X is just a nice game machine that will play videos in HDR for you but none of the UHD features are available to you for gaming.

Microsoft, surely you can change this and allow HDR in 1080P?
Thema:

Xbox One X Beta Ring Turns off unexpectedly 4K Native HDR playback

1. Xbox One X Beta Ring Turns off unexpectedly 4K Native HDR playback - Similar Threads - Beta Ring Turns

2. September 16th : New Preview Beta Ring 1910 Update (1910.190913-1945)

in XboX Insiders
    September 16th : New Preview Beta Ring 1910 Update (1910.190913-1945): [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  3. Master Chief Collection is absolutely broken on beta ring.

in XboX Insiders
    Master Chief Collection is absolutely broken on beta ring.: Both of my consoles, X and S, the game takes way too long to load (like 20 mins of waiting on the splash screen) and then going to each different section makes the game freeze for like 5-10 mins....
  4. Beta Ring. Latest update, but old dashboard. Social Clubs still not showing up, for months....

in XboX Insiders
    Beta Ring. Latest update, but old dashboard. Social Clubs still not showing up, for months....: [IMG] submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link] [comments]
  5. as a member of the beta ring I am ready to give my feedback :) thank you very much for this...

in XboX Insiders
    as a member of the beta ring I am ready to give my feedback :) thank you very much for this...: [IMG] submitted by /u/J_U_R_4_S_S_l_C [link] [comments]
  6. September 13th : New Preview Beta Ring 1910 Update (1910.190911-1945)

in XboX Insiders
    September 13th : New Preview Beta Ring 1910 Update (1910.190911-1945): [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox one beta ring preview errors

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one beta ring preview errors: My Xbox is not an Xbox one x or Xbox one s it's the original and since two updates ago I cannot access my usb thumb drive also I deleted an account off the Xbox because it would always ask for...
  8. September 11th : New Preview Beta Ring 1910 Update (1910.190908-1922)

in XboX Insiders
    September 11th : New Preview Beta Ring 1910 Update (1910.190908-1922): [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  9. Invisible gamertags in party [beta ring](create a party then hover then un-hover over your...

in XboX Insiders
    Invisible gamertags in party [beta ring](create a party then hover then un-hover over your...: [IMG] submitted by /u/RagPlayz [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox One X randomly shutting off. Xbox insider beta ring

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X randomly shutting off. Xbox insider beta ring: Ever since the most recent beta ring update my Xbox has been shutting off. Once while watching a YouTube video and twice in the middle of hunting in Monster Hunter World. Lost a decent amount of...