Xbox one x buzzing noise only when off

Discus and support Xbox one x buzzing noise only when off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey community, my xbox one x makes the below attached buzzing noise when its off and in energy save mode. It comes from about where the internal PSU... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by left65, Aug 1, 2020 at 5:32 AM.

1. left65
    left65 Guest

Hey community,

my xbox one x makes the below attached buzzing noise when its off and in energy save mode. It comes from about where the internal PSU is (back left) and you have to be pretty close to hear it.

anyone else have this or know what it might be?

https://clyp.it/eg3nwjjg

thank you

:)

1 person likes this.
  2. Black Catman Win User

Hey community,

my xbox one x makes the below attached buzzing noise when its off and in energy save mode. It comes from about where the internal PSU is (back left) and you have to be pretty close to hear it.

anyone else have this or know what it might be?

https://clyp.it/eg3nwjjg

thank you
    Mine is doing the same thing. Started yesterday and now my system won't boot up. It will make the chime and shuts down after 5 seconds. Nothing on the screen and the buzz gets louder when trying to power it on.

Xbox buzz while off:

https://clyp.it/mfmibgbd

Xbox powering on and shutdown by itself after 4-5 seconds (you can hear the buzz here as well):

https://clyp.it/pnhfhnul
  3. Arminator Win User

Infuriating Buzzing sound - Party Chat

Hello, so I got a problem with using a mic on my Xbox One X.

My friend told he'd always hear a buzzing noise when I'd talk in Party Chat.

Connecting the controllers with a USB cable to my console only enhances the buzzing noise, and makes it almost unbearable for my Chat members.

Is your controller powered via an USB power supply during that time?

My friends also sometimes complain about a buzzing sound when I'm charging my controller via USB. Also, another friend produces buzzing when he charges his controller via USB.

So it's probably not your Y cable or microphone, as the original Xbox chat headset also buzzes, when the controller charges via USB.

However, when I remove the USB charging cable, the buzzing stops.

So if you still have a buzzing sound, do you have to power the microphone?
  4. tandaman008 Win User

Xbox one making weird noise

It's a constant noise not one that has breaks in it. A low pitched buzzing sound. Only goes away when a game is loaded.
  5. AlfredoMazzucchi Win User

Xbox One X with external HDD attached.

Hi Alfrythebestboy,

That's a very odd issue. Does that happen regardless of what USB port you plug your external hard drive in? Is it at all possible the USB drive is making the noise? Do you have the USB drive on or beside the Xbox? If it's on the Xbox it's possible that you're
    hearing a buzz when the hard drive spins. Unfortunately this is a bit difficult to pin point without seeing / hearing the console. I would try relocating the hard drive (move off the Xbox, or sit it somewhere else near by), trying a different USB port, or
    even re-positioning the Xbox and the hard drive (if possible).

Hope this helps!
    The noise comes from the Xbox One X (only when the external HDD is connected).

I've tried several positions, but the problem persists.

Now I do not know if it's a "real" problem, but it always happens when the Xbox X is off and the external HDD is connected. When the external HDD is disconnected, the noise disappears! The noise is "light", almost imperceptible (only audible when it is near,
    with the ear, to the xbox). I just wanted to know if it's normal.
  6. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Problem with brand new...

Are you using a wired controller or a play and charge kit. I only get the buzzing noise when using one of those two
Thema:

1. Xbox one x buzzing noise only when off - Similar Threads - buzzing noise off

2. Mic Makes Loud Buzzing Noise

in XBoX on Windows
    Mic Makes Loud Buzzing Noise: So I use the Xbox Taskbar Manager to talk to my friends but they say that whenever I'm in the party it makes a loud buzzing noise, any fixes? I did see a guide on how to fix this but it was...
  3. My controller keeps making a weird buzzing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller keeps making a weird buzzing noise: I really am getting annoyed about this buzzing noise in my controller I hope someone knows how to fix this problem because I want to fix it its very quiet only when I put my ear up to it I can...
  4. Xbox one S buzzing noise on and off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S buzzing noise on and off: Hi, my xbox one S started to make a buzzing noise two days ago on and off and has not stopped since. Even when in sleep on instant on mode the xbox still makes the noise and is super annoying and...
  5. xbox one x buzzing noise when fully powered off in powersaving mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x buzzing noise when fully powered off in powersaving mode: hey so iv had my xbox one x since november and i have not used it all that much and i noticed when i powered it off the fan would stay on so i turned off instant on mode so now its in power saving...
  6. Original Gen Xbox one making buzzing noise when off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Gen Xbox one making buzzing noise when off: Hi my OG Xbox one has started making a low level buzzing noise when off or in standby. Is this normal and is it dangerous at all. And is there anything I can do to stop it. It is well ventilated...
  7. Xbox one (Weird Buzzing/electrical Noise When Off And On)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one (Weird Buzzing/electrical Noise When Off And On): I just Got A used xbox one original from gamestop, because I was having so many issues with getting a brand new Xbox one s. No big deal. I get home hook it up, I don't notice until I'm at the...
  8. Xbox makes buzzing noise and shuts off or kicks to home screen and eventually shuts off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox makes buzzing noise and shuts off or kicks to home screen and eventually shuts off: My xbox in a game will make a buzzing noise through the speakers in the tv then will either kick to home screen or shut off and if it only kicks me to home screen it isnt long until it does it...
  9. Small buzzing noise when xbox is off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Small buzzing noise when xbox is off?: [MEDIA] Turn your volume up to here it Is this normal? I get this small buzzing noise coming from my Xbox one s when it is off, it is unnoticeable until I put my ears up close to it....
  10. 5 days old Xbox One S 1 tb has a weird buzzing noise from fan, and turns off on its own ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    5 days old Xbox One S 1 tb has a weird buzzing noise from fan, and turns off on its own ...: I bought an Xbox One S 1 tb 5 days ago, and since day 1 there has been a weird buzzing noise from the fan as if something might be loose. And within the last 2 days the Xbox has suddently turned...