Xbox one X cannot play DVDs

Discus and support Xbox one X cannot play DVDs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i am trying to watch a DVD, i have tried normal DVD, Blu-ray and UHD Blu-ray dvds and every time, the blu-ray app fails to open. I get error... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MalevolentZiggy, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Xbox one X cannot play DVDs

i am trying to watch a DVD, i have tried normal DVD, Blu-ray and UHD Blu-ray dvds and every time, the blu-ray app fails to open. I get error 0x8027025a. I have soft rest and hard reset console. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have tried using internal
    and an external hard drive install and running app off of this. So far i cannot get any dvds to play on Xbox One X

:)

MalevolentZiggy, Dec 5, 2020
  2. MorkyMork1991 Win User

Xbox 1 x

Yes, the Xbox One X is capable of playing DVDs.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Your DVD laser has likely died. Nothing you can do. Try Xbox 360 games and see if they work to confirm
  4. RogueStar1983 Win User
  5. MalevolentZiggy Win User

Xbox, 360 and Xbox one disks all work. Dvds and Blu-rays do not. its not the drive, it is the app that will not start
  6. DONALDO20030603 Win User

Xbox One DVD flicker and aspect ratio!!!!!

I have the same problem with DVD playback, however, it's only on DVDs recorded on a toshiba DVD recorder. Bought DVDs play in the correct aspect ratio on Xbox one, but recorded DVDs play in 4:3. However, on every other DVD player, they play in widescreen.
    On Xbox 360 I can adjust the aspect ratio in settings. I cannot find how to do this on the Xbox one.
Thema:

1. Xbox one X cannot play DVDs - Similar Threads - cannot play DVDs

2. Why is MSFS 2020 so disappointing. I cannot play off line. When I attempt to do so I am...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is MSFS 2020 so disappointing. I cannot play off line. When I attempt to do so I am...: The only good thing about MSFS 2020 is the Graphics (Scenery). I feel that the game was rushed at the end and not properly thought through. And as always with MS products the Help is pretty much...
  3. I cannot play online with any of my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play online with any of my games: I cannot play any of my games online. I have already reset my modem and router (all my other devices can connect and use the internet.) I unplugged the Xbox X series for a day, reset the router...
  4. SOLVED: Cannot play multiplater on Xbox despite everything being set to "Allow" and so on.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SOLVED: Cannot play multiplater on Xbox despite everything being set to "Allow" and so on.: So I've been trying to play Minecraft Bedrock Edition with some friends online; however, when I try to join realms I get the error message "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your...
  5. I cannot play minecraft server with my microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot play minecraft server with my microsoft account: I cannot play minecraft server on java edition with my microsoft account when i try join like a minecraft server on java edition it said switch to Mojang mode to play with your original account ....
  6. *You cannot play on realms because of how your Microsoft account is setup* I can't play on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    *You cannot play on realms because of how your Microsoft account is setup* I can't play on...: First, I was playing for a good portion of the day on Xbox. I went to take a break. I logged out of the realm and the message blocked out the realms. When I click the get help button, it brings me...
  7. Forza Horizon 4: Cannot play game/Won't load.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4: Cannot play game/Won't load.: Hello! I have owned Forza Horizon 4 since it came out in 2018. When the Xbox One Series X came out, I got that console. Forza H4 was one of the games that had an upgrade. I uploaded the upgrade....
  8. Cannot download profile to Xbox 360 or play Xbox 360 Games on Xbox One 8015190A

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot download profile to Xbox 360 or play Xbox 360 Games on Xbox One 8015190A: Greetings All, I'm extremely frustrated. I currently own an Xbox 360 & an Xbox One. However I find that when I tried to sign into live on my Xbox 360 I would get this error: "Sorry, there's a...
  9. cannot play the digital game purchase from microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot play the digital game purchase from microsoft store: purchase the digital game Call of Duty Modern Warfare from the Xbox microsoft store. after download it, it noticed me still need to buy xbox live and i am not own or missing the data . I tried...
  10. Cannot play old DVDs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot play old DVDs: Hey, I have some old DVDs from 2000 or 2001 and I cannot play them on my Xbox One. I get to the main menue, but then the player stops working. Has anyone an idea?...