Xbox One X: Can't use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater while headset base station is connected...

Discus and support Xbox One X: Can't use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater while headset base station is connected... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; (copied directly from my Microsoft forum discussion, where they were stumped and ultimately recommended that I post it over here) Issue description:... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/lukezra, Sep 25, 2019.

1. /u/lukezra
    /u/lukezra Guest

Xbox One X: Can't use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater while headset base station is connected...

(copied directly from my Microsoft forum discussion, where they were stumped and ultimately recommended that I post it over here)

Issue description: when I attempt to enable Dolby Atmos for Home Theater on my Xbox One X while I have a headset base station plugged into the optical audio port (TB Elite 800X or Astro A50, for instance) I receive an error telling me "Atmos is only supported over HDMI. Try unplugging your headset". But the headset is turned off, so there is no need to send audio via optical. Nevertheless, the only way to enable Atmos for HT is to unplug the base station....but then how do I charge the headset?

I personally reported this issue through the reporting feature on the Xbox One about 18 months ago. I traded a couple emails with a support rep, but then he ghosted me and stopped replying to my increasingly annoyed email reminders....until I just stopped trying.

So here we are a year and a half later, after multiple dashboard updates....and it is STILL not possible to use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with a headset base station plugged in. THIS IS A BIG DEAL. You cannot expect users to unplug their headset base station every time they want to enable Dolby Atmos for HT. How do you charge the headset in this scenario? The solution seems simple to me...if the headset is powered off Dolby Atmos for HT should be available. It should not matter that the base station is plugged in, as long as the headset is powered off (therefore optical audio is turned off). Right??

Microsoft promotes both the Astro A50 and the Turtle Beach Elite 800X headsets as expressly compatible and fully wireless with the Xbox One. They're even green and use the Xbox logo on their packaging. Both of these headsets retail for $250-$300 (I know because I have bought both of them hoping to resolve this issue). Yet neither of them can stay connected to my Xbox if I want to use Atmos (which I use 24/7....I never turn it off). So both pairs are collecting dust next to my Xbox while I cross my fingers that this seemingly simple issue is resolved soon.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions? I'm all ears....

submitted by /u/lukezra
    [link] [comments]

/u/lukezra, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Xbox One X: Can't use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater while headset base station is connected... - Similar Threads - Can't Dolby Atmos

2. Can't play game on my profile but on others profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play game on my profile but on others profile: So, this has happened to me on two games now, Killer floor 2 and Subnautica. If I was to try loading either of these games up on my main profile they would either crash or never load. They work...
  3. My account may have been compromised and I can't change my password.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account may have been compromised and I can't change my password.: My friend sent me a very alarming picture, on his Xbox it was displayed that I was online and playing Star Wars: Battlefront II. I was not online and I don't own that game. I went to this guide...
  4. Yeah, after the 2.0 patch on Warhammer 40k inquisitor martyr I can't leave the system I'm...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Yeah, after the 2.0 patch on Warhammer 40k inquisitor martyr I can't leave the system I'm...: After the patch I started an assassin but deviated from finding the magos biologist. Now I can't leave the chernobw/e system. Is there a fix? b2f37ac8-c075-4bae-bbb5-1dd0fa8ca5b2
  5. Need to completely delete Forza but I can't.

in XBoX on Windows
    Need to completely delete Forza but I can't.: So I'm using the Xbox Beta App and I was trying to download forza, which hasn't been working as the downalod keeps reseting when my PC power cycles. But that's not the issue I have. This time it...
  6. Can't install Cities:Skylines - Windows 10 Edition.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install Cities:Skylines - Windows 10 Edition.: I've been trying to install Cities: Skylines since it was announced on October 3rd along with Dishonored 2 but I keep getting the same message. I've tried to install from the Xbox (beta) app, the...
  7. Can't add xbox one games with gold game Tembo the **** Elephant to my list of games I have...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't add xbox one games with gold game Tembo the **** Elephant to my list of games I have...: I already have an xbox live gold subscription, but do not have an xbox one.. When I click on the "games with gold" tile, on the home tab on my xbox 360, and then click on Tembo the **** Elephant",...
  8. Can't install Game Pass beta games on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Game Pass beta games on PC: I cannot install Forza Horizon 4, Sea of Thieves, or Sunset Overdrive, I get the same error every time. Code: 0x80073CF9 I've reset the store app, updated windows, ran wsreset.exe in elevated...
  9. Can't use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with headset base station connected (Elite 800X and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with headset base station connected (Elite 800X and...: Issue description: when I attempt to enable Dolby Atmos for Home Theater on my Xbox One X while I have a headset base station plugged into the optical audio port (TB Elite 800X or Astro A50, for...
  10. Can't Bitstream Out Dolby Atmos when Plantronics RIG 100HX is plugged in:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Bitstream Out Dolby Atmos when Plantronics RIG 100HX is plugged in:: Hi, Yesterday I purchased a Plantronics RIG 100HX for Xbox One microphone. I run my Xbox One X audio via a Yamaha RX-A2050 receiver to speakers, with Bitstream Out Dolby Atmos HDMI on Xbox audio...