Xbox One X Captures not playing on Mac OSX

Discus and support Xbox One X Captures not playing on Mac OSX in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been having quite a hard time lately with my Captures from my Xbox One X. I capture a 30 second clip in 4K, then upload it to my OneDrive and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nine7One1, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Nine7One1
    Nine7One1 Guest

I have been having quite a hard time lately with my Captures from my Xbox One X.

I capture a 30 second clip in 4K, then upload it to my OneDrive and upon downloading it to my Mac (OS 10.14.3) via OneDrive desktop app, the mp4 file does not play in QuickTime or Final Cut.

If I choose to open it in VLC, the clip works fine. They also play fine if I save from OneDrive app on iOS, but if I choose to AirDrop the clip to my Mac, it still does not work. I believe it has something to do with the way the mp4 'container' file is written
    as other .mp4 files have no issue. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I ideally would like to be able to drag the captures right into Final Cut for editing rather than having to transcode them and possibly lose a bit of quality in doing so.

Thanks!

:)

Nine7One1, Mar 15, 2019
  2. choppyseize Win User

I had this issue for a while. I never really resolved it though. I just started running Windows via Bootcamp and started using all my Microsoft files on that side. Not exactly a simple fix but it definitely keeps things neat and tidy.
  3. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello DLUX,

The two software mentioned that are experiencing an issue in regards to video playback may be experiencing these problems due to an incompatibility in software.

Being that the clips work fine using VLC, the root cause would more than likely be the apps themselves, to which it is recommended to reach out to
    Apple Support in an attempt to discuss this incompatibility.

Try reaching out to their support and feel free to let us know how this goes.

Best wishes!
  4. Nine7One1 Win User

Looks like it's something to do with QuickTime (and Final Cut) not supporting H.265 mp4 files.

This use to work perfectly to where all I would need to do is push to OneDrive and it would be on my computer playing fine and all of the sudden stopped working upon either an update with Xbox and/or my Mac so I am just trying to figure out what the deal
    is.
  5. Mister Urkel Win User

Smartglass on OSx Mac

Hey xX VELENO86 Xx,

Unfortunately Xbox.com is not updating with any Xbox One activity. I am unsure when the site will start to reflect that but you are welcome to post in the

feedback forums
    so they can read your suggestions.
  6. DangerousBard Win User

Smartglass on OSx Mac

Thema:

1. Xbox One X Captures not playing on Mac OSX - Similar Threads - Captures playing Mac

2. Game Capture not working after "Alt-Tab"ing out of a game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Capture not working after "Alt-Tab"ing out of a game.: Hello. I am posting this question in hopes that either someone has an easy solution or Microsoft will see and maybe include something in future updates that would prevent this from happening. I...
  3. XB1S crashes whenever I try to play mixer or play any capture.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1S crashes whenever I try to play mixer or play any capture.: As title says, when I try to play the mixer, or any capture (including a screenshot or sharing) my xbox will crash to a staticcy screen. When this happens I have to hard shutdown and start again....
  4. video error, twitch and captured video only play a green screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    video error, twitch and captured video only play a green screen: Hi I've posted this before, see below the fix worked but then upon restarting the xbox it has returned now the fix doesn't work. The fix was to hold power for 8 seconds to shut down and to remove...
  5. Xbox One X won't play video captures, gives only green screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X won't play video captures, gives only green screen: Hi, When playing video captures from games or streamed video from twitch or upload studio the video is a full green screen. Tried a full reset of xbox and this didn't resolve it. The xbox is...
  6. Captures on xbox app iphone not playing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Captures on xbox app iphone not playing: Anyone with a iphone or maybe an android been experiencing this? Where your most recent captures from xbox one just dont play at all on the mobile app, but you can still see it on the xbox...
  7. Game captures will not play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game captures will not play: Using version 1709.0829.1041 of the Xbox app on iOS, any game captures that I have in Xbox Live will NOT play through the app at all. The video player screen comes up but then just sits there....
  8. Cannot Play Captures on my IPhone (Not on Xbox app or different browser and safari)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Play Captures on my IPhone (Not on Xbox app or different browser and safari): So this has been around for almost a month now. Just somehow I couldn't play my clips on my phone anymore. From one moment to the other. I can play them on PC and Xbox but not on my phone. What...
  9. Wanna play Capture the flag?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wanna play Capture the flag?: Hey everyone! I'm trying to meet new people to play CTF with. I'm looking for friendly people with mics. I'm trying to complete the flag runner achievement(i'm at 24%). Other than that, i...
  10. Game Play Capture

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Play Capture: I'm getting really frustrated with the whole "XBOX record that". There have been many times when where I would have loved to record an awesome moment, but could not capture it because i have to...