Xbox One X coil whine

Discus and support Xbox One X coil whine in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I just got my Xbox One X but it makes this sound when running that li pretty much like my PS4 Pro … a coil whine. You can hear it on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AirChimera35922, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Xbox One X coil whine

Hello everyone,

I just got my Xbox One X but it makes this sound when running that li pretty much like my PS4 Pro … a coil whine.

You can hear it on this recording https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wth84ZSmv_s&feature=youtu.be

It is more noticeable from the 8th second till the end.

This should not be happening to a One X right?

:)

AirChimera35922, Jan 5, 2019
  2. brandiesel1 Win User

Xbox One X coil whine

I'm not sure of that sound is normal for other people, but I do not have that sound coming from my console.

If other people say it's not normal I would exchange it since you've just bought it.
  3. ChiefJoboo Win User

Update Xbox One X for resolve problem of Coil Whine

The buzz sound, printer like, is intermittently when starting up in the menus and stable during the game phase, mixed with the noise of various fans (not so loud but approaching
    the ear I feel it clearly). I don't know if it's normal in all One X, for me it's Coil Whine.
    This could be from the power supply as most coil whines come from power supplies. In the xbox one X the power supply is inside the console and is not accessible. I would suggest a repair if this is something you can not stand/is too annoying.

Also, don't use surge protectors or UPS power supplies as that could cause this if the console isn't getting the proper voltage. The xbox one X power supply has a surge protector built in.
  4. Batsbak NL Win User

Xbox one HDD

And no, its not the coil whining issue.
  5. WPAK Win User

Coil Whining

Hi there,

I would suggest reaching out to Xbox Support via Phone or Chat at
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

for this specific question.

See this link to directly get the Phone contact details:
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us?isChatCallAvailable=false

Make sure the country in the bottom left corner matches your location, so you will get to see the correct phone details.

Since you mentioned you are from Germany, I'll copy pase the German contact details here too:

Der telefonische Support ist zu folgenden Zeiten erreichbar. Bei Anrufen aus dem Mobilfunknetz entstehen je nach Mobilfunkanbieter Gebühren.

• 09:00 - 18:00 Uhr Montag bis Freitag
    • 10:00 - 18:00 Uhr Samstag und Sonntag
    Rufnummern
    • Gebührenfrei: 0800 181 2968
    • Direktwahl: 49 695 007 0422
    • Schwerhörige (Texttelefon – TTY): 0800 1 81 29 75
  6. Jerjef Win User

Coil Whine

Thanks for the help Brad. I'll give it a try.
Thema:

Xbox One X coil whine

1. Xbox One X coil whine - Similar Threads - coil whine

2. Coil Whine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Coil Whine: Over the past few months I've begun experiencing a loud chirping noise from my OG Xbox One. Because it's obviously out of warranty I ignored it. Sometimes I would do a full shutdown and then the...
  3. Xbox one coil whine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one coil whine: Okay. So, considering how many posts I've made on here in the past few days, I'll make this my last one. Don't want to get annoying or anything, haha. But yeah, I had an issue with my disc drive...
  4. Coil Whining

in XBoX on Consoles
    Coil Whining: Hello, I recently bought a used Xbox One, manufactured in november 2013. It has the coil whining that is well doumented online, e.g. in this video: https://youtu.be/YrP-nwdZL9U I'm aware I'm...
  5. Xbox One S coil whine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S coil whine: Split from this thread. When I turn Off everything when I'm just at Home with One S its making a Whining noise as well barely heard unless you realize what's heard...
  6. Probably Coil Whine on Xbox One X: will be fixed with a MS Update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Probably Coil Whine on Xbox One X: will be fixed with a MS Update?: Hello. Buzzing sound on the right of console, printer like not so loud but audible by approaching the ear. What is (coil, fan, power pack, Hard Disk heads ecc.) and it's normal on all One X? If...
  7. Xbox one X-Buzzing sound, Possible Coil whine?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X-Buzzing sound, Possible Coil whine?: Hello My one x is manifesting a weird issue.When i play some games i hear a weird buzzing sound. Sometimes is changing the intensity depending on the game i play. For example in Witcher 3 is a...
  8. Xbox One X Buzzing Sound/Coil Whine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Buzzing Sound/Coil Whine: Hey, I've had a xbox one x scorpio edition for a few months now, multiple times i've sent it back to microsoft for a replacement and/or "repair", however it still has the same issue. When in any...
  9. coil whine or fan noise?

in XBoX on Consoles
    coil whine or fan noise?: It's not very noticeable at the dashboard, but it's there and I mainly hear it from the right side of the console. It's gets far louder in games like halo 5 or other 4k games. It's extremely...
  10. Xbox One S coil whine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S coil whine: Just got a new 500GB Xbox One S and it sounds like it has the coil whine issue I had on the original model! I was one of the owners who sent the console in to get an official repair and it did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox coil whine fix