Xbox One X Connection Issues

Discus and support Xbox One X Connection Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having a lot of trouble with my Xbox One X staying connected to wifi. At least once a day, my console disconnects from live, and sometimes it signs... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StK I, Mar 26, 2020.

1. StK I
    StK I Guest

I'm having a lot of trouble with my Xbox One X staying connected to wifi. At least once a day, my console disconnects from live, and sometimes it signs me out as well, causing me to lose progress even on single player games. I had similar disconnection issues
    with my previous ISP (optimum switched to Verizon fios around November 19) but never this signing out issue which is losing me progress and saves. I've searched a lot on the internet and have tried the following fixes (none have worked):

static ip

port forwarding

resetting MAC address

resetting my console

power cycling

resetting modem/router

going wired (not feasible where I currently play, and I am not trying to run an ethernet cable through the floor if it's not a 100% fix anyway)

Using energy saving mode and disabling instant sign-in

Some other details: When I run detailed diagnostic after testing my connection, my NAT comes up open behind a cone NAT. I have no trouble initally connecting to parties or playing online, but obviously the random disconnections ruin the online experience.
    I don't think I have ipv6 in my area, and

My laptop and phone are almost always connected and able to use the wifi when my xbox disconnects, and I very rarely have my original xbox one disconnect, recently when the X disconnects I've had my original on just to see if it experiences any issues and
    no signing out or disconnect occurs. I also get the "do you own this game or app error" despite being online or having just taken my console into offline mode, although this is fixable by restarting the console.

This is extremely frustrating and I although I haven't been able to speak to Verizon support and see if there is anything on their end, I don't have the patience to continue being stuck holding on the phone during limited support hours. While I'm stuck at
    home, this problem has been getting worse and worse over the last couple days to the point where I am resorting to playing offline just so I'm not losing progress. I am at the limits of my technical knowledge here, but I figure it's worth throwing out to see
    if there are any other suggestions?

:)

StK I, Mar 26, 2020
  2. SmurfThug Win User

Xbox One X Teredo problem

I have been having the same issues, bought a new xbox one X and have been losing connection randomly, never lost connection before with the normal xbox one. When I lose connection it will sometimes say Teredo error or upnp connection error. Totally not
    fun, I'm considering buying a new router but if it's the consoles fault I dont know what I'll do. I have already swapped my xbox one X out with another xbox one x from gamestop because I thought the first one was faulty and this did not stop the connection
    issue.
  3. beausmall Win User

Xbox one x issues

Why would it only be the one x machine and not the one s ????

Lets rule out the internet service provider, its an xbox one x issue its pretty obvious.

All other pcs, gaming consoles and devices connect without issues
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound - problem

Hi there!

Sorry to hear the issues with connecting / setting up your Xbox One X console with TV and AVR. The reply by EggsBoxJuan is on point. I would also recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting resource for

Connecting your Xbox One X console to TV and AVR.

Let us know if this helped.
  5. DarkMerc87 Win User

Xbox One S Error 0x80bd0033

Ran into the same issue with my Xbox One X when trying to connect to my 4k tv through a switch. I had to set my Playstation 4 Pro to 2160p-YUV420 to display properly. Is there a similar setting for the Xbox One X?
  6. SelectiveKboy Win User

Xbox One X Connection issues

Go to your Xbox network settings. What does your "NAT Type" show?

Also try running the tests on the right side of the screen (Test network connection, Test multiplayer connection, Test NAT Type, Detailed network statistics), and see if those tests show any problems with your network.
    My network is not the problem. I run multiple devices on it 24/7 Including an older Xbox One Halo 5 Edition. Nat is open 0% Packet Loss (confirmed thru Both Xboxes and CMD on PC.) Latency is ~50. Multiplayer Connection test on the problem box interrupts
    itself frequently. I'm positive at this point it's a Hardware issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X Connection Issues - Similar Threads - Connection Issues

2. Game servers connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game servers connection issues: Hello ! For like 3 weeks I have been having a problem playing any game online . The console is connected to internet but when I start a game I get the same message about being unable to connect to...
  3. Known Issue: Controller won’t connect

in XboX Insiders
    Known Issue: Controller won’t connect: I discovered the controller not connecting known issue and would like to add additional data I may have for the engineers. My son and I both own the XBox Series S. We both experienced issues with...
  4. Connection Issues while gaming on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Connection Issues while gaming on Xbox Series X: I recently got an Xbox Series X and ever since I've had horrible connection issues while playing Rainbow6 or NHL21. Rubber banding every 30 seconds to a minute. Constantly have the connection and...
  5. Xbox One - Connection Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Connection Issue: I have owned an Xbox One for at least 7 years and it will no longer boot up and display on screen. Hence, I am unable to Troubleshoot through Xbox. I've attempted to reset, including using a USB...
  6. elite series 2 controller with series x connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    elite series 2 controller with series x connectivity issues: My controller will turn the xbox on by pressing the center xbox button but once the dashboard has loaded, it will not work. It seems like its not synced after I power it on. I then have to hard...
  7. Xbox one wifi connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one wifi connection issue: I have owned an xbox one since july 2020 i bought it for my son. When i try to set it up it doesn't see any wifi connections at all, all my other devices phones, pc, xbox 360 have no issue...
  8. Connection issues and mic not working randomly after using Gamebar.

in XBoX on Windows
    Connection issues and mic not working randomly after using Gamebar.: Hello. I've recently used Xbox Gamebar to join a party. The voice chat was fine. I left the party to switch over to my actual console. However, when I attempted to join the party again, I would...
  9. Xbox Series S Connection Issues To Xbox Live

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Connection Issues To Xbox Live: I NEED HELP PLEASE!!! For the past couple of days and as of now the past 2 hours my Xbox has been disconnecting from my internet and then reconnecting back. It is getting beyond frustrating when I...
  10. S2 Elite Controller Connection Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    S2 Elite Controller Connection Issues: So, this all started out of the blue, yesterday. I was in the middle of playing Grand Theft Auto 5, story mode and all of a sudden after switching weapons I got stuck looking at the ground. Now,...