Xbox One X continuously and randomly losing connection to wifi

Discus and support Xbox One X continuously and randomly losing connection to wifi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My original Xbox One became unresponsive as of two days ago so I thought it would be a good time to upgrade... I went to GameStop and got a secondhand... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PinkUnicycle71, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Xbox One X continuously and randomly losing connection to wifi

My original Xbox One became unresponsive as of two days ago so I thought it would be a good time to upgrade... I went to GameStop and got a secondhand One X and everything was going fine until I noticed it would lose connection to my internet what seemed
    to be every 10-20 minutes (not wired connection). This was something my original Xbox One never had an issue with... I power cycled it, unplugged everything multiple times and it still continued happening. I thought it must be something wrong with my internet
    however all of my other devices have been working flawlessly with no trouble. I brought the One X back today and picked up a refurbished one and the issue is still present... Is there something I am missing? I have looked at so many forum posts and YouTube
    videos and it seems lots of other people have experienced the same problem. Should I downgrade to a One S? Or maybe buy a brand new console instead of used ones? this is becoming really frustrating. tyia

:)

PinkUnicycle71, Oct 26, 2019
  2. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hey
    PinkUnicycle71

Thank you for reaching out to Xbox forums support. If you haven't already done so, go ahead and try performing a Soft console Factory
    reset
    on your console by doing the following:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console. [KEEP MY GAMES AND APPS]
    Make sure you have both your email and password on hand as you will be asked to sign back in. There is an option to delete everything and to save your games and apps; choose the latter. This will
    reset the Operating system [OS] of the console and allow you a fresh start-up.

Hope this helps! Let us know if it improves your situation.

Felix

Xbox forums support
  3. Arminator Win User

xbox one keeps losing wifi connection.

Ports and your ISP usually don't have anything to do with a wireless connection failing, as the WiFi connection is only between your console and the router.

Is your console by chance enrolled in the Insider Preview Program?

While my Xbox One X works without issues via WiFi, the patch notes on some Insider Previews state that they are investigating cases with WiFi connectivity issues, and that people should report via the Feedback tool if their console loses WiFi connectivity.

It would help if you also said which WiFi router you are using, maybe there is an incompatibility between the Xbox One X and certain router models.
  4. SmurfThug Win User

Xbox One X Teredo problem

I have been having the same issues, bought a new xbox one X and have been losing connection randomly, never lost connection before with the normal xbox one. When I lose connection it will sometimes say Teredo error or upnp connection error. Totally not
    fun, I'm considering buying a new router but if it's the consoles fault I dont know what I'll do. I have already swapped my xbox one X out with another xbox one x from gamestop because I thought the first one was faulty and this did not stop the connection
    issue.
  5. SLAPPEDRUIF Win User

Xbox one crashing

Same problems here!

playing Batman Arkham Knight, Metal gear, GTA5 etc: See list of issues

- Randomly game freezes multiple times during play. Only shutdown and restart solves the problem temporarly.

- Loses connection with XBOX live. Doesn't make a difference if i use a networkcabel or wifi. No problem with xbox 360.

- Loses connection with Elite Controller randomly. Get the message i have to reconnect my controller. Did this a 1000 times during the game, grrrrrrr

Xbox one has a lot of problems compared to the 360. Everyting was and still is woriking fine on my 360.
  6. SHAKEY077 Win User

Xbox one randomly losing connection to Xbox live while connected to wifi.

Were any other devices connected to the network affected by that?
Thema:

1. Xbox One X continuously and randomly losing connection to wifi - Similar Threads - continuously randomly losing

2. XBOX 360 tem luz vermelha continua!!!![XBOX 360 has continuous red light !!!!]

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 tem luz vermelha continua!!!![XBOX 360 has continuous red light !!!!]: Hoje eu fui ver meu console, e quando liguei ele apresentou uma luz vermelha continua. eu não sei se é sobreaquecimento. Pode me dizer qual é o problema? Minha versão é "XBOX 360 E"....
  3. Outer Worlds Installation - Continuously reverting back to 'Install'

in XBoX on Windows
    Outer Worlds Installation - Continuously reverting back to 'Install': Hi there. I purchased Xbox Game Pass for PC and downloaded the Xbox (Beta) app for my PC. I then attempted to install the Outer Worlds. At first, this appeared to go well, with the button reading...
  4. Recover Old Xbox 360 Account (Continued)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recover Old Xbox 360 Account (Continued): Back in April I made a post saying that I wish to recover my Xbox 360 account, however this isn't possible. - I know my old Xbox account's email... there's just one problem. - Yahoo deactivates...
  5. My Xbox is all of a sudden continuously cutting off randomly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is all of a sudden continuously cutting off randomly.: It is not overheating. It is randomly cutting off sometimes within seconds of turning it on or maybe a few hours. It is not the outlet. I dont think its the power cord because i took it to a...
  6. Sudoku is no longer enjoyable, with random pauses and freezes while timer continues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sudoku is no longer enjoyable, with random pauses and freezes while timer continues: I am a Senior Program Analyst writing code in a 4GL language. I know what is happening, but I cannot understand why MS will not fix it. The problem is that when a new ad appears, the ad window...
  7. My xbox one continues to turn on randomly in the middle of the night

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one continues to turn on randomly in the middle of the night: Randomly throughout the day my xbox one will turn on. It mainly happens during the night though. f195ae84-5345-451a-99dc-cb05dd1bde10
  8. Xbox Live randomly and continuously disconnects for me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live randomly and continuously disconnects for me: For the last month or two I have experienced repeated, and seemingly random, disconnects from Xbox Live. It's like a drop in the wireless connection, and though the network comes back on after a...
  9. Continual random Live disconnection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Continual random Live disconnection: This problem has occurred on two different ISP's. Router/Modem reset, hard wired, console in DMZ, speed test good, new router/modem ...it's driving me nuts!!! I have done everything that the...
  10. Xbox live continues to disconnect randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live continues to disconnect randomly: I have been researching and trying different things to stay connected on xbox live but i continue to disconnect randomly while on Netflix. I'm all out of ideas and am considering not renewing my...