xbox one x controller loosing sync after complete shutdown or in energy-saving mode

Discus and support xbox one x controller loosing sync after complete shutdown or in energy-saving mode in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; To the date of this writing, I have all latest system updates (for the console) and firmware updates (to the controller). SCENARIO 1: Every time the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by neyuru, Feb 11, 2020.

1. neyuru
    neyuru Guest

xbox one x controller loosing sync after complete shutdown or in energy-saving mode

To the date of this writing, I have all latest system updates (for the console) and firmware updates (to the controller).

SCENARIO 1: Every time the console is -completely- shut down** the controller can start it (wirelessly), but it rapidly looses it's sync (before even the cpu splash screen - animation - is complete). The controller needs to be forced shutdown and restarted
    in order to regain sync with the console.

SCENARIO 2: If the console is powered up first (after a complete shutdown** and trough its own on-off button) and if the controller is started just after the animation is sent to the monitor, there will not be any problems with the sync.

** Note: A complete shutdown can be accomplished either by one of three possible ways: 1) the console is set to "energy-saving" mode and the user shutdowns the console, 2) the console is on "instant-mode" and the user selects "full shutdown" under -System-Settings-General-Power
    mode & startup. or 3) whatever the mode the system is in, the user selects "full shutdown" under -System-Settings-General-Power mode & startup

:)

neyuru, Feb 11, 2020
  2. neyuru Win User

Short story: Went to the store, talked to a microsoft rep, did a WIRED USB firmware update to the controller and the issue went away.

Long story: The store didn't want to take back my sytem under warranty because SOMEONE screwed up about... or SOMEHOW... the serial number of the box differed from that of the console by 1 number! I was there 1 and a half hours in the store. I kept my cool
    (I didn't swapped the box for another system -angry face-) and did the only other option available to me: talk to a microsoft rep. First, I Iost another 20 minutes figuring out how to talk to a person. The number the store manager gave me only had instructions
    to go to the xbox.com/help and nothing else. So I went there, logged on to my account and choose the option "my controller isn't working" and follow the steps in the troubleshooter. The troubleshooter advised me to send back to microsoft the controller (which
    at the time I thought wasn't the case because a controller from another friend had the same issues with my console and had decided that the problem was the console, not the controller) So the store manager then told me not to choose that option ("my controller
    isn't working") and choose instead "service, warranty and repair" (or something like that) I then placed my submission to receive a call back from microsoft. I waited for about 5 minutes and got the call. The technician advised me to update the controller,
    but I was... what? (because I previously had assured to update both the system and the controller) BUT THIS TIME, he told me to update the controller with an USB cable. And I was... what could be the difference? Moral of the story... IF YOU EVER UPDATE THE
    CONTROLLER, DO NOT DO SO WIRELESSLY, ALWAYS UPDATE WITH A USB CABLE.

Please someone mark this answer as the solution to the initial question (I can't mark my own answer as the solution).
  3. T3chnlgydude Win User

Hi neyuru

Controller disconnection issues can also be caused by wireless interference

I had a massive issue with this but managed to solve it by just moving my cellphone to another location while gaming

Also there was a firmware update released recently which made it much better
  4. neyuru Win User

I managed to borrow another controller and the problem still persisted. I also soft reset the console and also to default factory settings. None of this worked. I am going to return the console to the store.
  5. XBF Eladio M Win User

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what worked for you, neyuru.

As you have mentioned you have found a resolution to this, we will now be locking this thread, and marking you as answered as requested.

If you have any other questions or concerns that differ from this matter, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day!
  6. neyuru Win User

I talked to a friend, unfortunately she's on a different city. But she did managed to repeat the issue. Although she recalls having the same problem a while ago, she doesn't bother anymore with the issue because she has the system in "instant-mode".

This seems to be a general problem (I have seen similar posts in the span of over 4 years) that not only affects xbox one x, but the xbox one s and the original one too. I also noticed that the issue happens even when the controller is connected wired or
    wirelessly to the console.
Thema:

1. xbox one x controller loosing sync after complete shutdown or in energy-saving mode - Similar Threads - controller loosing sync

2. Elite wireless controller is constantly loosing connection while a headset is plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite wireless controller is constantly loosing connection while a headset is plugged in: Hi, My Elite wireless controller is constantly loosing connection whilr a headset is plugged in, fine without, I have tried 3 different headsets all do the same, tried a different controller and...
  3. JBL Quantum 600 jack loose in controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    JBL Quantum 600 jack loose in controller.: Hi all. I purchased a JBL Quantum 600 headset a few months back that works perfectly with my PS5. I purchased a Series X yesterday but when I put the jack into the controller, it just wiggled...
  4. Loose button on xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loose button on xbox controller: My xbox controller's buttons "x" and "b" are not working even thought it is plugged and charged properly. Can any help me fix this? I keep clicking it but is not responding. The letters "a" and...
  5. New Xbox controller charger port becoming loose and not working

in XboX Insiders
    New Xbox controller charger port becoming loose and not working: By loose I mean you have to push the usb c cable in for it to work or at an angle. Just bought and tried a new cable with the same issue so the controller is definitely at fault. Anyone else...
  6. 1 day old Xbox series controller already loose and squeaky

in XBoX on Consoles
    1 day old Xbox series controller already loose and squeaky: Hi, I recently purchased new xbox series controller for my xbox one. Today I noticed that the D pad is loose and RT is squeaking. Is this normal?, if so please let me know what to do. Thanks...
  7. Xbox One Controller loosing connection solved

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Controller loosing connection solved: My Xbox One controllers where loosing randomly the connection to my xbox. Seems like the xbox controller couldn´t handle the rechareable batteries i used. Since i putted in the non rechareable...
  8. Xbox Controller is loosing connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller is loosing connection: Hello Microsoft. Hello Forum. I have a problem with my xbox one controllers loosing connection to the xbox.(one S) I´ve tried different controllers. There is nothing in the way of the console...
  9. Xbox controller button is loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller button is loose: I have a controller with a loose A button, The controller I'm using is wired. If I turn the button towards the ground, it looks like a normal button. Anytime the A button is wiggled around, it is...
  10. Xbox one controller button is loose and don't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller button is loose and don't work: Progressively the X button of my controller became loose enough to be constantly active. I can still pull it up but it stays active. If I put my controller facing down the X comes out like the...